KB: Crossworlds - Now Available

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Crossworlds has been officially released (not including Steam's mistake, of course):
King's Bounty: CROSSWORLDS AVAILABLE
Award-winning tactical RPG saga continues

MOSCOW, Russia - September 17, 2010 - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher 1C Company and Katauri Interactive announced today that King’s Bounty: Crossworlds is now available for purchase. This expansion includes a massive update to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess along with two new campaigns, dozens of quests, items, spells, creatures and a full-scale game editor.
King’s Bounty: Crossworlds is available in three different editions:
· King’s Bounty: Platinum Edition. This edition features King’s Bounty: Armored Princess, plus all the new content and the original King’s Bounty: the Legend.
· King’s Bounty: Crossworlds Game of the Year Edition. This edition is a standalone version containing King’s Bounty: Armored Princess and all the new content.
· King’s Bounty: Crossworlds. This edition requires a previously installed version of King’s Bounty: Armored Princess and adds all the new content, including campaigns and game editor.
The King’s Bounty series is an adventure game with tactical turn-based battles and RPG elements unfolding in a rich fantasy world. The main hero and the army of companions, travel across a huge continent visiting dozens of different locations. The player will control their character in real-time mode while communicating with NPCs, collecting resources and recruiting an army, while all battles take place in classic turn-based mode with a strong emphasis on tactical elements.
King’s Bounty: Crossworlds can be purchased from www.1cpublishing.com, Steam, GamersGate, Direct2Drive, Impulse and other major online distribution stores. Retail release dates will vary depending on the territories.
More information about the game is available at www.kings-bounty.com.
More information.

w00t w00t

$20. Direct2Drive in UK and US don't have it yet seems no matter what 1c claims. I suspect that will be cleared up in a day.

ah, i may have to give KB another shot. I've been able to weather several Disciples II TBS marathons of literally 5+ hours at a time and stayed awake, perhaps I can finally play this game!

I bought it on Steam since that is where I had purchased KB:AP. I bought the expansion only since I already had the others. One thing I noticed on the Steam version is that it does not put a link in the Steam client to the new editor. It can be started by going to your \Steam\SteamApps\common\kings bounty armored princess directory and running editor.exe

Champion of the Arena is a series of boss battles. So far it is better than I expected.

Defender of the Crown is a new campaign, which is the one I have been playing.

My one complaint would be the Orc expansion to Armored Princess - there does not seem to be a way to continue your AP campaign, so you have to start a new one. I am not sure if I want to play 30+ hours again right now to get to the new content. I will probably wait until I have more time this winter to play though this one.

Back
Top Bottom