Upcoming games that you're hyped for.

If it helps, Pantheon is looking better and better every single time that I get to visit that world. I'm hoping later this year it might elevate to the next testing level.

Sacred Fire probably more than any other game I'm really looking forward to SF.

Copper Dreams- aside from the TB tactical combat and stealth mechanics, it will feature a level of environmental interaction not usually seen in RPGs.

Realms Beyond TB tactical CRPG with 3.5 D&D ruleset! :excited:

Disco Elysium

Odd Gods

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

Druidstone

Forged of Blood

Archmage Rises

Prisonscape

New World (as much as I can be hyped for a game that's probably still at least several years from release).

Sacred Fire probably more than any other game I'm really looking forward to SF.

Copper Dreams- aside from the TB tactical combat and stealth mechanics, it will feature a level of environmental interaction not usually seen in RPGs.

Realms Beyond TB tactical CRPG with 3.5 D&D ruleset! :excited:

Disco Elysium

Odd Gods

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

Druidstone

Forged of Blood

Archmage Rises

Prisonscape

New World (as much as I can be hyped for a game that's probably still at least several years from release).

Quite a few of those I've never heard of :)

Then again, I can't keep track like I could in the old days.....

Quite a few of those I've never heard of :)

Then again, I can't keep track like I could in the old days…..

Well, I think most of these are considered to be in alpha & there hasn't been a lot of news lately. Disco Elysium was formerly known as "No truce with the Furies" and devs are still expecting to release it by the end of the year. Others will probably be out next year (if not later).

Has their been any updates for Archmage Rises? As I stooped following that game a few years back when development slowed down.I remember trying out the demo.

Also recall Sacred Fire but it's been a few years since I checked out that game. Seems the trend lately a game gets announced stuck in Early Access for years. I forget.

Haven't head of Realms Beyond - but it looks interesting.
It does and I don't even like turn-based RPG's that much.:cool:

Just like daveyd who hates RTwP RPGs, but we both make an exception sometimes.:)

Hyped definitely does not describe my state of being right now. :(

I need to get my game on. :)

But I look forward to whatever Elder Scrolls VI turns out to be, hopefully.

I really need a new first or third person exploration game in my life. I think Dishonored with no kills is the best thing I have yet to play that fits that bill.

Has their been any updates for Archmage Rises? As I stooped following that game a few years back when development slowed down.I remember trying out the demo.

Also recall Sacred Fire but it's been a few years since I checked out that game. Seems the trend lately a game gets announced stuck in Early Access for years. I forget.

On their Steam page the Archmage Rises developer posts small updates once or twice a month. But there's no release date announced yet. People who pre-order the game get alpha access but I prefer to wait until the game is released. I'm not crazy about procedural generation in general but really like the combination of sim / RPG elements and developer's objective to make it feel like a tabletop game.

Sacred Fire released a text-only demo of the early part of the game to KS backers a few months ago. Since I want to go into the release spoiler-free, I have chosen not to play it, but overall feedback in the comments seemed to be very positive. From their latest update, they have hired another code and are searching for a publisher... so it sounds like it may be awhile before release.

I guess I don't :)

Will check it out.
Please don't as that topic continues to give me a headache.:(

Just know that tempers settled down and we all get along again.
On their Steam page the Archmage Rises developer posts small updates once or twice a month. But there's no release date announced yet. People who pre-order the game get alpha access but I prefer to wait until the game is released. I'm not crazy about procedural generation in general but really like the combination of sim / RPG elements and developer's objective to make it feel like a tabletop game.

Sacred Fire released a text-only demo of the early part of the game to KS backers a few months ago. Since I want to go into the release spoiler-free, I have chosen not to play it, but overall feedback in the comments seemed to be very positive. From their latest update, they have hired another code and are searching for a publisher… so it sounds like it may be awhile before release.
Thanks for the update as I said to many games get stuck in endless development with no release date. I even remember covering both games three years ago.

Realms Beyond has the potential to be utterly amazing. I hope they do it justice, a great D&D game would be excellent to have this winter.

You guys now got me interested!! 2019 release so I guess that's what I will look forward after finishing (multiple playthroughs of) Kingmaker!!! :)

No Man's Sky is finally getting proper multiplayer :)

While still procedural - the game does have some sort of narrative, and I shall be interested to check that out in cooperative mode.

I'd be playing the hell out of Elite Dangerous - if only they would sit down and write a story and create a few missions around that sort of narrative. It wouldn't have to be much more than text-based or, potentially, voiced. Just give me SOMETHING to experience that's not just in my own head.

I don't need multiplayer.

No Man's Sky is finally getting proper multiplayer :)

While still procedural - the game does have some sort of narrative, and I shall be interested to check that out in cooperative mode.

Has that narrative changed since release or has it always been there? I've never had much interest in NMS, but maybe I'll check it out if you say it's improved significantly since release. By improved, I mean everything not just the narrative.

Has that narrative changed since release or has it always been there? I've never had much interest in NMS, but maybe I'll check it out if you say it's improved significantly since release. By improved, I mean everything not just the narrative.

Well, I can't say from personal experience - as I've stayed away from the game, for the most part - because I knew it would eventually get multiplayer. Well, I thought it would - and I guess I was right.

I like to save stuff for the cooperative experience, as that's much more fun.

That said, I know they've implemented a new 30-hour story in one of the updates, but as far as I can tell, it's not a story in the traditional sense with voiced quests or a meaty narrative.

It's more like little bits and pieces you find along the way - with some NPCs spouting exposition and they sometimes give you missions of some sort.

Not entirely sure how it works, but it seems there's at least SOME kind of story involved.

As for the rest of the game, yes, that has been significantly improved in many ways. Apart from significant visuals upgrades - they've implemented a host of new features, including base-building, land vehicles, several game modes (including Survival) - and more.

But I don't think you should expect much in terms of story or "meaty" content. It's definitely still a sandbox at heart.

For me, it's the cooperative multiplayer that might make it worth it. I don't really enjoy sandboxes when playing alone.

Thanks for the analysis. I'll probably check it out in the near future. Judging from that new trailer, it looks significantly better now than it did at release.

It it a persistent online game world? I've seen it mentioned that you can track your friends on the galactic map.

Thanks for the analysis. I'll probably check it out in the near future. Judging from that new trailer, it looks significantly better now than it did at release.

It it a persistent online game world? I've seen it mentioned that you can track your friends on the galactic map.

I'm not entirely sure if it's one shared world, or several. But AFAIK, it's only one - though I'm not sure if it's shared between the various platforms. Sony has been notoriously against that sort of thing, so I guess it's probably one world for each platform.

Supposedly, you can already meet people in the form of little orbs and see their bases - stuff like that. But I don't know if any of it is instanced in some way.

But with the NEXT update, it's going to be proper coop multiplayer with third person views/models. Essentially what Sean Murray originally more or less promised - but failed to deliver.

The positive aspect of all this, though, is that all the updates have been free - and NEXT will be free, too. Which is pretty generous - because they're all rather big.

Also, I believe I've heard something about a world reset or changing worlds once you reach the center of the universe - but I have no idea exactly what that means.

Seems to me the world is based on a random seed - and they "reset" it with every major update, or so I've been led to believe.

Back
Top Bottom