NWN2 Old Bioware Forums No Longer Available

Neverwinter Nights 2

Thrasher

Wheeee!
This is for both NWN 1 and 2.

Apparently, you can use google to get cached copies of posts, but eventually the caches will be flushed. So copy what you need, soon!

It's sad that Bioware doesn't make the posts available in SOME form, and drops support with no warning…

Last edited:
I just caught that the other day when I was looking for the dev's post confirming an outline of the original OC for NWN - no warning at all.

I guess not enough people are signing up for their social forums.

What's really too bad is that a lot of the discussions there are technical in nature including the publishing of a number of scripts that weren't uploaded to the Vault.

There might also be outstanding issues with Atari or even WotC. In the past they've archived the forums when they wanted to move servers, etc. Some warning would have been really nice.

Even the old guilds are gone. This is fine for me because the new hosts of my old server messed around with them so bad that they eventually it fell off due to lack of eyeballs.

What's next? The gamespy servers will no longer work?

edit: uh oh, now where are my registration keys...

That's incredibly lame that they gave no warning. At the minimum, I would have archived the forums using HTTrack. Can't do much now, though.

God, I can't stand Bioware's continuing spiral.

I guess I'll be going through all my links and copy pasting threads into .txt docs from the google caches. Oh what fun....

OK, I'm ready for the OCD jab now. SHIELDS UP ;)

Bad behaviour. They should've warned the folks.

To me it's either

a) an Ea thing
b) Bioware "letting go" all of the "legacy products" altogether now (remember you can't even register Jade Empire on the new forums anymore !)

Or both.

Both.

they don't want people to remember that they used to make rpgs. I bet if they could erase orgins from their social site, they would :)

For the NWN1 check this thread.

Also, the boards have been closed more than 8 days ago...

They must hate their community!At least the part of their community that still likes 'em.

The DA kids won't be around in 10 years, that's for sure!

can we merge this with the news bit?

there's actually better information on the NWN1 Social Forum for this including a glib (non) response from Chris Preistly here.

There's already a few responses that Anonymous is up to its old tricks again. Sure be nice to get some real information.

a link to the forum root was posted here but its from archive.org.

Archive.org can't give me my registration keys.

In addition the Baldur's Gate forums are gone.

Bad behaviour. They should've warned the folks.

To me it's either

a) an Ea thing
b) Bioware "letting go" all of the "legacy products" altogether now (remember you can't even register Jade Empire on the new forums anymore !)

Or both.

I think its no coincidence with the timing of the EA boards merger (which corresponds just before E3, eh) so I'm pretty sure it is an EA thing. Let's hope that no news is good news tho and its not permanent.

My guess is that this is a pre-emptive hack prevention measure. They probably don't want to risk millions of CD keys of older BioWare games published on the net in a neat downloadable package signed by LulzSec.

@Lucky Day: The timing might appear odd but it almost certainly is not an "EA thing" since a) BioWare keep stressing their independence and b) I sincerely doubt that EA would interfere with such extremely low level operational stuff like whether to continue hosting a forum or not.

I hope you are right. Or it may just be used as convenient excuse to shut it down permanently. But did you see the new shiny Bioware site? (new to me at least). Is that brand new too? If so, I would say this has nothing to do with the recent hacks, and was planned all along.

Back
Top Bottom