Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - The Chosen Ones

RTwP is never an issue, it's a pretty cool system, but I prefer turn-based.
I noticed I always forget to use potions, scrolls and other items with real-time combats. In a way, I enjoy more game contents with turn-based.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I hear good things about Kingmaker's turn-based mod.

Shit.
Now I have to play Pathfinder. How long is the game?

PS: Thanks a bunch.

Shit.
Now I have to play Pathfinder. How long is the game?

PS: Thanks a bunch.

It's not hard to put in over 100 hrs. I restarted since I didn't like my first play-through, and I'm at 190 hours. Others have put in lots more, I'm sure.

I'm at 60 hours and nowhere close to the endgame as far as I know. First playthrough.

According to Steam I have 372 hours so far into it.

I'm starting my playthrough today. I'll be installing the TB mod and bag of tricks.

The TB mod seems like a no brainer if you have any interest in TB at all since you can freely switch between TB and RTWP at any time.

My first one was about 130 and my second was 167. The remaining hours is coming from my third play through.

EDIT: Should note I also never did the dungeon crawl DLC beyond the second level. Dungeon crawls are not really my thing and I wasn't a fan of the lighting and design of the place.

I liked Pathfinder well enough - though it was a little too heavy on the filler for me.

I think it's a little overrated within the traditional CRPG segment, but to each his own.

I'm not really following development on this one, and I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised if they add something to it.

My own secret hopes would include:

TB mode
Cooperative multiplayer
Less filler areas
Finding powerful items instead of a million pieces that you have to collect first
More and more interesting dungeons

I'm starting my playthrough today. I'll be installing the TB mod and bag of tricks.

The TB mod seems like a no brainer if you have any interest in TB at all since you can freely switch between TB and RTWP at any time.

I considered it but haven't felt the need, the RTwP works really well. One of the most convenient things is that you can choose what active ability the character uses as the primary attack action, which works really well with offensive spellcasters making battles flow perfectly. The only "slog" is the pre-buffing before harder fights, but that's part of the game. An in-game macro utility for buffing would be at the top if my wishlist for the sequel though!

Last edited:
Both PB and Dart? Welcome back to both of you, even if you're just stopping by.

Pathfinder overrated? I can't remember the last time a game was so satisfying to play, I've logged over 70 hours and it's STILL fun. The only games that ever managed those numbers in my library are strategy titles, so to me PF:KM can't be overrated, it's exactly everything I've been missing. I even like the kingdom management aspect.

Perhaps the second playthrough won't be quite as entertaining, but the fact I'm pretty sure I will even play through it a second time (once I'm finished with the current game) in spite of the size says a lot.

I considered it but haven't felt the need, the RTwP works really well. One of the most convenient things is that you can choose what active ability the character uses as the primary attack action, which works really well with offensive spellcasters making battles flow perfectly. The only "slog" is the pre-buffing before harder fights, but that's part of the game. A in-game macro utility for buffing would be at the top if my wishlist for the sequel though!

I agree the RTWP works quite well, I’m still going to give the TB a shot though. I have a feeling I’ll be switching back and forth maybe TB in the harder fights but we’ll see.

So far I’m impressed and having a great time. Seems the potential for C&C is huge, I love the choose your own adventure bits and having to go up against another party to complete a quest with companions dynamically (i hope) picking sides was quite awesome. So far 2 thumbs up.

@StintDArt;, Turn-based mode is already confirmed as officially supported for the second game.

Pathfinder overrated? I can't remember the last time a game was so satisfying to play, I've logged over 70 hours and it's STILL fun. The only games that ever managed those numbers in my library are strategy titles, so to me PF:KM can't be overrated, it's exactly everything I've missed. I even like the kingdom management aspect.

Perhaps the second playthrough won't be quite as entertaining, but the fact I'm pretty sure I will even play through it a second time (ounce I'm finished with the current game) in spite of the size says a lot.

Not overrated in a general sense - but at a place like the Watch, it kinda is.

Hehe, but - as I said - to each his own.

I think it's a very good BG clone. I personally prefer PoE 2 - but both a very good games.

Personally, I think it's full of overland filler areas - and I think the Kingdom Managment system is at least 50% of a missed opportunity.

Not only that, but I find it nearly unplayably slow without mods - especially in terms of movement speed and the constant back and forth between exploring and going back to your kingdom.

But it DOES have a wonderful implementation of Pathfinder rules - and a wonderful character system as a result.

I'd probably rate it around 7/10 overall.

Welcome back @purpleblob; :) Glad to see you posting again. I'm taking a hiatus from games - but still following this with interest.

Hi booboo. Thanks. I'm not playing much either, just mucking around with MHW: Iceborne these days.

Pathfinder overrated? I can't remember the last time a game was so satisfying to play, I've logged over 70 hours and it's STILL fun. The only games that ever managed those numbers in my library are strategy titles, so to me PF:KM can't be overrated, it's exactly everything I've been missing. I even like the kingdom management aspect.

Perhaps the second playthrough won't be quite as entertaining, but the fact I'm pretty sure I will even play through it a second time (once I'm finished with the current game) in spite of the size says a lot.

I had most fun with second playthrough since I missed some fun secrets in my first playthrough + you get to try out different c&c.

I think I'm having an easier time since I waited, there are in-game options to speed up movement outside of combat that I don't think were there at release. I'm playing it vanilla and speed is not a problem (and I regularly do use speed mods, I could stand about an hour if Dos2 before installing one).

Hi booboo. Thanks. I'm not playing much either, just mucking around with MHW: Iceborne these days.

I had most fun with second playthrough since I missed some fun secrets in my first playthrough + you get to try out different c&c.

Guess we'll see. I suppose I'll have to go Neutral or even Evil next time and I really really suck at being either...

Back
Top Bottom