Today is ...

I have always wanted to create my gaming development studio, but never have. I still have some time left, but the way I want to do it is by me being some kind of exec producer with the ideas and people doing the work for me.

So once I win the lottery I will do that. :)

This is exactly my plan too :lol: Win the lottery and get other people to implement my ideas!

At one point I got quite far with my very own rogue like RPG, DOS graphics, random map generator and a rpg rule set but due to hard disk failure lost my work and never tried again. :( I wish they had these cloud drives like they have now 10 years ago... One day I will have to revisit it again....

This is exactly my plan too :lol: Win the lottery and get other people to implement my ideas!

At one point I got quite far with my very own rogue like RPG, DOS graphics, random map generator and a rpg rule set but due to hard disk failure lost my work and never tried again. :( I wish they had these cloud drives like they have now 10 years ago... One day I will have to revisit it again....

You can work for me if you want once I start :)

Well, I think it is better we work together... I've already come quite far!!

I found most people are all talk though, and they don't have the time to actually put the required work into it ;)

Well, I think it is better we work together… I've already come quite far!!

I found most people are all talk though, and they don't have the time to actually put the required work into it ;)

Yeah, that's why I said, after I win the lottery :)

I think I should be able to spare some time then.

4th of june and independence day.

It's also the day I realized summer is here. Which means that i had to do something with the increasing height of grass (Alopecurus) on the lawn. So today is the day I fired up my petrol-powered lawn-and-whatever-is-in-there-mower, which I for obvious reason has named Rammstein.

With a mighty roar the beast sprang into action. A few windows shattered in nearby houses, measurable spikes in regional seismographs, and a few dogs ran away into the woods and haven't been seen again. I took care to perform the operation in the evening, so there would be no children hiding in the grass (Alopecurus). All in all, minor environmental inconveniences.

This year summer came a bit unscheduled, which meant that some of the more eager grass instances had reached a considerable height. You think that might be a problem`? Hah! Not for my petrol-powered lawn-and-whatever-is-in-there-mower (which I've called Rammstein). They never knew what hit them!!!!

Other things that happened on this day.

1783 – The Montgolfier brothers publicly demonstrate their hot air balloon

1784 – Élisabeth Thible, the first woman to fly, spent 45 minutes in said type of hot air balloon

1855 – Major Henry C. Wayne departs New York aboard the USS Supply to procure camels to establish the U.S. Camel Corps. Camel Corps? Huh?

1876 – An express train called the Transcontinental Express arrives in San Francisco, only 83 hours and 39 minutes after leaving New York City. I love trains!!!!

1896 – Henry Ford completes the Ford Quadricycle, his first petrol-powered automobile, and gives it a successful test run.

1996 – The first flight of Ariane 5 explodes after roughly 37 seconds. According to wikipedia because of a malfunction in the control software—one of the most expensive computer bugs in history. Windows 95?

2010 – Falcon 9 Flight 1 is the maiden flight of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, which launches from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Space Launch Complex 40. Apparently more successful than the above mentioned rather short space flight.

On a more seriolus note:
1989 – The Tiananmen Square protests are violently ended in Beijing by the People's Liberation Army, with at least 241 dead.

pibbur who congratulates the kingdom of Tonga, celebrating 46 years of independence today.

PS. About petrol. There seems to be a problem with gasoline supply here in Norway these days. Last time we filled the tank (we don't drive much, so we seldom visit the filling station), I think we got kangaroo petrol (that's what the wife calls it). Whenever we start the car (a Toyota), and whenever we get the green light, it literally jumps into action. Happens also when slowing down, when changing gears and so on. Didn't happen before. Damn aussies! DS

PS2: The situation above may also have something to do with recently replacing the clutch thingy in said Toyota. Who knows? We'll see next time. DS2.

PS3. The petrol-powered lawn-and-whatever-is-in-there-mower (which I've called Rammstein) worked as usual. DS3

The 2nd day after the death of one of the biggest Box sports legends.

A day to congratulate GG.

Pibbur who also will congratulate the rest of the swedes.

A day to congratulate GG.

Pibbur who also will congratulate the rest of the swedes.

Well, us swedes being swedes, we actually use this day to celebrate multiculturalism and multi-sexuality, so belated congratulations to everyone else I guess :D

GG, who thinks the idea to use the national day for this is brilliant.

the 1st day of orbit around Jupiter by none other than the Juno spacecraft, after nearly 5 years of space travel.

pibbur who knows that the spacecraft carries 3 Lego minifigures, portraying Jupiter (god), Juno (goddess, wife of mr. J), and Gallileo (famous astronomer).

Last edited:
It's also the 186th day of 2016

And the day of other things:

0993 - 1st appearance of St Ulrich of Augsburg
1054 - 1st appearance of SN 1054, Crab Nebula wannabe.
1534 - 1st appearance of King Christian ver 3.0 of Denmark and (ptui!) Norway
1776 - 1st independence day (in the US)
1855 - 1st edition of book of poems by Walt Whitman, not to be confused with Heisenberg
1817 - 1st day of construction, of the Eerie Canal (maybe a typo, here)
1826 - end of independence for Thomas Jefferson and John Adams
1862 - 1st appearance of Alice (to Alice)
1934 - 1st patent of the atomic bomb. Probably owned by EA now.
1960 - 1st appearance of the 50 star spangled banner.
2012 - 1st announcement of the Higgs boson.

Over to something completely different: in 414 the empress wannabe Pulcheria (sounds like some Tamriel nobility) (it's not), at the age of 15 declared herself as Augusta and regent over her 2 years younger siebling Theodosius ver 2. Contrary to tradition (of roman emperors), she lasted for 39 more years, shocking Constantinople by dying, and was thereafter declared as a saint.

pibbur who promises not to write more stories of today for at least a day or 180.

Last edited:
No jokes this time.

27.03.1977, Tenerife: The worst aircraft accident in history: Two Boeing 747 airliners collided on a foggy runway. 583 people died.

pibbur who is happy that air travel has become increasingly safer since then. But who still doesn't like to fly. (Not afraid of flying, it's just very unpleasant).

Count me as another "when I'm rich I'll make an RPG gaming studio and design my dream RPG" person. :p I'd like to have enough money to just design the game I really would like to see and not have to worry if it sells a single copy or is financially successful. In general I'm rather interested in that approach. If RPG developers didn't have to worry about selling units, what sort of creativity would we see? Just something to think about. :)

Count me as another "when I'm rich I'll make an RPG gaming studio and design my dream RPG" person. :p I'd like to have enough money to just design the game I really would like to see and not have to worry if it sells a single copy or is financially successful. In general I'm rather interested in that approach. If RPG developers didn't have to worry about selling units, what sort of creativity would we see? Just something to think about. :)

Should this be a response to another post in another thread?

Nah, I saw Pladio and lostforever up there ^ talking about hitting the lottery and making an RPG. :) Old posts, though, it seems (2016). :p

OK, NP.

What made me wonder was that I today, in the Grimoire thread had entered a pibburism about never promising a release date for the game pibbur would make (if he would make a game).

pibbur who personally considers starting a game project possible, but completing it very close to impossible, since he'll be 82 in 20 years.

It's 28th in Australia and category 4 cyclone debbie is ever so close to QLD residents :( I hope Corwin (I think he's in QLD) and others who live around the area are all safe...

Back
Top Bottom