C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

Hot damn that looked beautiful!
It damn well does, and after watching this it has a high chance to release next year. My prediction is one release for current gen consoles, and for the new consoles.

The PC version might even get a remastered version one day.

It damn well does, and after watching this it has a high chance to release next year. My prediction is one release for current gen consoles, and for the new consoles.

The PC version might even get a remastered version one day.

I don't think there's any chance for next year. I'm thinking 2020 the earliest. They said in an interview that they consider the game to be in pre-alpha. The level of work in this demo shouldn't be taken as the current level overall. This was more like a vertical slice.

I'd love it as fast as possible, but if they're planning on adding the amount of content that they said they are, that'll take quite a bit. And I cant wait as long as they need to work on it. I do not want this rushed. :D

This is like the opposite of old-school RPG. But in a good way!

Looks good. The graphics are well-designed, but I wouldn't say the engine is particularly next-gen. Looks like it could run on this generation.

Looked as expected for a current gen game. Loved the atmosphere of it all, the city felt like a real city. I was immersed with the story and characters. Finally a a game that feels really Cyberpunk! Gotta say its my most anticipated game atm (previously RDR2)..

I bet release date is late 2019. Supposedly the game can be played from start to finish, its missing assets and bug / play testing, should be doable in a little more than a year i would think.

This game will most likely be on next gen consoles too when they get released, so i'm betting an updated version will come after ~1 year, Rockstar does this with great effect (many people buys the game twice when going to the next console)..

I don't think there's any chance for next year. I'm thinking 2020 the earliest. They said in an interview that they consider the game to be in pre-alpha. The level of work in this demo shouldn't be taken as the current level overall. This was more like a vertical slice.

I'd love it as fast as possible, but if they're planning on adding the amount of content that they said they are, that'll take quite a bit. And I cant wait as long as they need to work on it. I do not want this rushed. :D
I'll stick to late 2019 as the games producer Richard Borzymowski said the game can be played from start to finish. So it's farther along then Pre-Alpha probably Early-Beta.

Link - https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/23/cyberpunk-2077-daylight-interview/
Cyberpunk 2077 producer Richard Borzymowski said the game still doesn't have all of its assets, and the fixes for the bugs that were discovered in playtesting haven't been implemented yet. However, you can play through the entire game and see the story unfold, which Borzymowski says is important for finishing the game's development. "[Playing through the game] gives you the answers to all of your doubts," he said. "It just feels great."
I visit other forums where developers talk about once a game gets to Alpha it does not take long to finish it. Especially with a team as large as the one working on this game.
I don’t think people realize how fast modern games can go from Pre-Alpha to Pre-Release, especially considering the sheer size of the dev team at CDPR. Pre-Alpha is almost always the longest and hardest stage of development. Everything after that is a cake walk.

Looks good. The graphics are well-designed, but I wouldn't say the engine is particularly next-gen. Looks like it could run on this generation.

I could see that running on a PS4/Xbox One, but not with the same level of visual fidelity, and probably with significantly less NPCs and physics in the game world.

I could see that running on a PS4/Xbox One, but not with the same level of visual fidelity, and probably with significantly less NPCs and physics in the game world.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll have to dial it down. But I don't think the graphically expensive things are too hardware-busting. The overall effect is fantastic, but I'd say that's largely due to artistry and tremendous detail, rather than very advanced lighting, models, etc.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll have to dial it down. But I don't think the graphically expensive things are too hardware-busting. The overall effect is fantastic, but I'd say that's largely due to artistry and tremendous detail, rather than very advanced lighting, models, etc.
Lighting were pretty good, though. I can't wait to see Night City by night (duh!)
There's also almost no vegetation, wich is logical for the setting, so my old PC may survive this game…

Lighting were pretty good, though. I can't wait to see Night City by night (duh!)
There's also almost no vegetation, wich is logical for the setting, so my old PC may survive this game…

Oh yeah, pretty good, for sure. But I wouldn't say it's leagues ahead of something like Horizon Zero Dawn open-world lighting, which runs on the AMD integrated GPU in the PS4.

Oh yeah, pretty good, for sure. But I wouldn't say it's leagues ahead of something like Horizon Zero Dawn open-world lighting, which runs on the AMD integrated GPU in the PS4.
Yeah, if your point is that the trailer looks kind of current gen, I totally agree.
Also agree with everyone on a 2019 release.

I think it looks significantly better than anything I've seen on consoles. It's not in another stratosphere, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the newest system benchmark when it's released.

Cyberpunk 2077 Character Creation Full Analysis & Breakdown

Why the Cyberpunk 2077 developers were hesitant to show gameplay

Link - https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/27/17787984/cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-demo-expectations
“What we’re releasing today was recorded from a game deep in development,” said Badowski in the press release that followed. “Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media. Elements like gunplay (both in terms of visuals and how RPG stats influence it), netrunning, car physics, or the game’s UI — everything’s pretty much still in the playtest phase and we felt uneasy about publicly committing to any particular design. Animation glitches, work-in-progress character facial expressions, early versions of locations — all this made us hesitant to release what you’re about to see.”

“We are also well aware that many of you want to see what the media saw,” Badowski said in today’s press release. “Although this is probably not the same game you’ll see on your screen when we launch, we still decided to share this 48-minute video with you. This is how Cyberpunk 2077 looks today. Let us know what you think!”
Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Demo Stream Included Hidden Message
Sorry to have kept you waiting for this for so long!

Did you like what you saw? Because for us, the fact that we're finally showing you Cyberpunk 2077 is HUGE. Please go to our forums, twitter, facebook, discord, and do tell what you think. Is the game world how you imagined? Do you see what we meant by "immersion" when we talked about CP2077 being an FPP RPG? How does our vision of "cyberpunk by day" make you feel? We really want to know.

Aside from that, we think we owe you a few words of explanation on why we're showing you this gameplay now, some time after industry professionals and media saw it at E3 and gamescom.

Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this "we're not 100% sure" limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It's not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don't know what we'll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky --we don't want gamers saying 'but in that previous video that gun was shooting differently', or 'why did you change the interface?'. Change is inherent to game development and there's a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you'll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like 1:1.

What gave us that extra confidence to show you a work in progress game? Good initial feedback from people who are accustomed to see games at various stages of development. What they told us (and they told us they really liked what they saw) gave us the boost we needed to show the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the most passionate and insightful audience --you.

So… here's what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like today (or rather looked like when we recorded the video). We sincerely hope you liked it.

Again, thank you for your patience and all the thoughts you shared with us.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED

CDPR:You Can Be Like A Ghost If You Want.
Following the public reveal of Cyberpunk 2077’s 48-minute long gameplay demo, fans are more eager than ever to learn more about CD Projekt RED’s upcoming open world roleplaying game.

Luckily, there’s plenty of new tidbits courtesy of a community interview arranged at Gamescom 2018 by former forum moderator Kinley. Senior Quest Designer Philipp Weber and Associate Design Director Kyle Rowley answered plenty of questions from the Cyberpunk 2077 community, with Weber sharing some juicy news. For example, fans of Ghost in the Shell will like this answer on the depth of character progression.
CD Projekt “Very Aware” that Many Don’t Like First-Person Perspective.
While Cyberpunk 2077 looks absolutely gorgeous, many appear to struggle to warm up to the game due to its first-person perspective. At Gamescom 2018 DualShockers had a chat with Quest Designer Patrick Mills, and we asked what kind of feedback the developer received, and if they’re planning to remain firm in the choice.

106 Cyberpunk 2077 4k Screenshots & Quality Analysis
106 Screenshots in 4k from the E3 gameplay demo. Quality comparisons to the CDPR screenshots recently released and finally, overall impressions.
5 Ways Cyberpunk 2077 Looks to Redefine Open-World Gaming
Cyberpunk 2077's Night City looks like it will be on of the biggest, most vibrant settings to ever take place in a video game. Alongside that, the game is promising to change how the landscape of the open world genre works as we know it.
Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Compare Skill Progression to 'The Witcher'
Now that fans everywhere have enjoyed over 45 minutes of glorious Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay action, it's time to dive deep into the specifics. Though this highly technical game will be much different that CD Projekt RED's The Witcher series, that doesn't mean that the RPG elements won't retain some similarities.

Back
Top Bottom