RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Patch 1.33 Released

I remember creating a party for half a day for each playthrough of the original games. In these times this was fun to me.

Today, well... that would take me a week as my playtime is limited. So I don't like it either. A good solution for this remake would have been to make all rolls at once and then be able to distribute the rolls to the attributes freely.

Wut? But die-rolling is the only sensible way of generating a character! I loath having a fixed limit of points to allocate - that way, all characters are boringly equal, heroes by committee, so to speak… O_O

There are several "schools" about creating a character.

"Point & Buy" is seemingly currently THE fashion in Role.-Playing, even TDE 4th Edition adopted it. Before that, it was dice rolling.

And where is the fun in that?

There are actually people who love that. Mostly min-maxers and number crunchers.

I'm not so anal about creating characters. Takes me like 3 minutes to create each character in RoA. Sure they're not Superheroes, but most of the times it doesn't matter that much after a while.

I'm not so anal about creating characters. Takes me like 3 minutes to create each character in RoA. Sure they're not Superheroes, but most of the times it doesn't matter that much after a while.

As Alrik said, there are different schools ^^
And I am a minmaxer / number cruncher. I don't spend hours doing it because it is so fun, but because I would feel bad if I didn't.
If I only spent 3 minutes on a char I'd feel like playing with gimped characters. Like if you run around in Skyrim with just one leg. And every now and then I'd ask myself "Do I really want to go on with this gimped character or just start over?" I would never really feel comfortable playing.

I am not sure how leveling is done in the HD version, but this was also Pain in the ass in the old game so that I basically reloaded a couple of times for each level up to get decent results. Don't want to have a Warrior who has less HP than the Mage - which could very well happen with this character system.

Patch 1.33a just got released.

It brings some very important fixes:
Taverndialogue made cancelable without the need to leave the tavern
Introduced absolute carrylimit (strength x 140 in ounces)
Introduced sleeping in camp battles (depending on how good the guard was)
Weathersystem respects sound volume setting
Introduced helptext for the aventurian calendar (see Questbook -> Help -> Date and Time)
Haggle-checks for traders are now harder, kicking out is a lot sooner
Enchanted druid dagger “heal” now only works for Druids
Female trader names now are also female avatars (at General Goods, Weapons, Herbs)

Prevented changing faces (e.g. for Barkeeps, Innkeepers)
School of Farsight identify item dialogue fixed
Deactivated voiceover for female house owners
Fixed witch battle sound samples
Fixed battle hangs for enemies with two attacks (e.g. Sabretooth tigers)
Hylailan Fire is now a ranged weapon
Pirate cave fixed open door blocking movement
Missing battletexts in pirate cave fixed
Fixed magic staff loses enchantment when lost and then picked up with “take all”
Various text placeholders fixed
Various double icon displays on minimaps fixed
Fixed close window at the blacksmith
Fixed various clipping errors in towns
Fixed time bug after camps without battles
Fixed item info window (grey font color, item descriptions sometimes too long)
Fixed initiative base display in characterscreen
Fixed shifted voiceovers for second unicorn encounter
Pause travel button deactivated on leaving town fixed
Fixed several Thorwal sounds
Fixed various Dialogues (Hunters Hut, The Call in simple houses, Abandoned Hut and more)
Group item effects (e.g. Light) only work if coming from active characters (e.g. not dead)
Camp treat sickness endless loop fixed

But also adds some stuff they wasted time on, stuff possibly noone cares about:
DLC FtG: Baerhag-Quest-Bugs fixed
DLC FtG: Various Dialogues fixed (Zerif, In the woods and more)
DLC FtG: Forest Abvenenum fixed
DLC OD: Various Dialogues fixed (Challenge near Bodir, Sweet Erika, Axe to groin and more)
DLC OD: Dungeonexit Groenvelden fixed

Modding: Carrylimit configurable (globalsettings/system/maxcarryweightmultiplier)
Modding: Movement point progression configurable (globalsettings/system/movement)
Modding: Adding of new talents enabled
Modding: Globalsettings/character is now modable additively (so far: only completely)

I'll make a news-bit about it later for those that are interested. Thanks Joxer.

Another patch how many does that make now? I was right waiting for the platinum release. I have a feeling there will be one I'm not kidding.

I'm reminded of this old saying, "You can polish a turd but it’s still a piece of crap".:smartass:

Maybe it's not a turd, I didn't go past character creation.
But they should skip addressing glitches temporarily and concentrate on making things fun and not annoying.

Back
Top Bottom