Two Worlds II - Review @ PCGamer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Desslock has reviewed Two Worlds 2 for PC Gamer. After not too many words he ends with a rating of 8.2 and the following summary:
TW2 still has plenty of room to grow, though. You can’t fight on horseback, for instance. Many skills are unbalanced—some are of dubious utility while others, such as Alchemy, feel half-baked. The single-player story gets increasingly linear for little payoff; we still get a sizable map out of the deal, but later areas aren’t as fleshed-out since the plot isn’t compelling enough to justify limiting open-world exploration. Multi­player is improved, but is disappointingly mission-based instead of allowing co-op wandering.
Yet it is such a huge improvement over its dismal predecessor that it’s oh-so-close to being an outstanding RPG. Its design just needs some rationalization and focus to achieve something great.
More information.

I'm still having a hard time trying to figure out whether Two Worlds 2 is an improvement or a downgrade compared to Two Worlds. The mainstream press seems to think it is an improvement, but then again, they thought Two Worlds was "dismal" and Oblivion was pretty much flawless.

I thought Two Worlds was promising. Unpolished, yes, but far more interesting than Oblivion...yet not quite as interesting as the Gothic games. So, if anybody here felt similarly, and have played Two Wolds 2: what did you think about the game?

Kay

I'm still having a hard time trying to figure out whether Two Worlds 2 is an improvement or a downgrade compared to Two Worlds. The mainstream press seems to think it is an improvement, but then again, they thought Two Worlds was "dismal" and Oblivion was pretty much flawless.

I thought Two Worlds was promising. Unpolished, yes, but far more interesting than Oblivion…yet not quite as interesting as the Gothic games. So, if anybody here felt similarly, and have played Two Wolds 2: what did you think about the game?

Kay

I find the game chaotic, quest wise. Some areas are way to dark. AI is not smart. But graphics are good, magic system is ok, RPG system itself is ok, quest numbers are good. World is not linear.

overall i would rate it above averge at best.

I htought the side quests were pretty good actually. Tastes vary :)

I think the orginal game showed tons of potential, but failed short on many areas. Still it was fun in short bursts.i'll likely postpone my purchase untill it's price drops.

its funny with the somewhat mixed reviews this game is getting that Desslock is so glowing. Maybe he's comparing it to the first one which he absolutely spits upon in his opening paragraph.

Desslock was a huge Morrowind fan and shocked Bethesda when he gave a walkthrough for every single quest in the game a month after release. He clearly likes these open ended games.

Back
Top Bottom