View Single Post

December 8th, 2017, 19:46
Originally Posted by forgottenlor View Post
I found this interesting. A professional tester is probably going to be very good at a particular type of game. Are they required to play a game like Skyrim from beginning to end at "normal" difficulty if its boring for them, or can they not note the relative ease of the game on normal difficulty and crank up the difficulty? What if they enjoy the game at higher difficulty should they still say its a bad game, because they couldn't enjoy it normal difficulty? And what is a normal gamer?
If someone is a professional anything then why would you expect them to never have 'boring' days at work? Does being a professional game reviewer absolve you of your job if your job suddenly becomes boring? Perhaps I should try that at work sometime? "This spreadsheet is too complicated/boring boss, can you give me a more easier/interesting one?

What is a normal gamer is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what is the designed normal difficulty, any gamer of any kind can then play the game with known difficulty of the designed game in mind.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)