Daggerfall - Check Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Galactic Chicken checked out the latest progress on Daggerfall Unity. You can read the September update here.

[...]

Conclusion

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and follow the progress of Daggerfall Unity. I’m incredibly grateful to have so many awesome devs attach themselves to this project and help make it into a reality. For a big game remake that began as a single person’s hobby, it certainly has taken on a life of its own!

With the great people involved and the progress already made, I can’t see any technical roadblocks between now and reaching parity with classic Daggerfall sometime in the next several months. All of the really challenging problems are solved and the bulk of features are now in reasonable working order. From here it’s just an incremental run to the end as all the missing pieces come together.
More information.

WOW, looks good with nowadays throw-away tech! Dagerfall has the best dungeon zombie moans ever, of all time. :)

Last edited:
WOW, looks good with nowadays throw-away tech! Dagerfall has the best dungeon zombie moans ever, of all time. :)
But it also has the worst bat screeches. It's all about balance :p

I'd likely replay this gem again if I didn't have to jump through hoops to install it or anything like that. Great game, and one I've not replayed to death as of yet.

Daggerfall is one of those games I enjoy picking up from time to time. I never thought I'd see this project progress to completion!

Back
Top Bottom