The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Connie won't be in this week. Her mother passed and the funeral is next week. She'll be with her family til next wednesday.

Thanks for the update and please pass along our condolences if you have the chance. I've lost her current email.

There seems to be a bigger patch. My Launcher is patching, even though I thought there was only a server-side thing going on.

If you get a chance, would you check what rank you are right now on Alrih? I know that you're ahead of us since you're a first lifer, I but I don't know how far. Thanks.

At your service : The blue bar tells me : "Level 14 (Rank 72)".

From the forums :

DDO Bonus Days bring you +40% Challenge Rewards, now through August 23rd!

Also, it's a Champion Hunter Week! Find limited-time items with the Mysterious Remnants Collector in the Hall of Heroes, now through August 26th!

DDO Bonus Days bring you +40% Challenge Rewards Boost, now through August 23rd!
Champion Hunter Week has returned! Now through August 26th, find limited time items with the Mysterious Remnant Collector in the Hall of Heroes!
Honor Your Guild!
Get 20% off:
Astral Shards
Guild Renown Elixirs
50% off:
Guild Charters
Guild Airship Beacons
Now through August 27th!
The Weekly Coupon brings you a Long-Lasting Potion of Shield of Faith (+3) x5 with the Coupon Code 5FAITHPLUS3, now through August 27th!

FYI, I have been called upon to fill in at another plant, which means a 2 hour drive (1 way). So there's a distinct possibility I will be late Friday, and depending on whether I work Saturday, out. I'd suggest a quick DA run as filler if I'm not on time; if I'm out I'll pop in and let everyone know.

As an aside, Lammania is going up tomorrow (8/26) with a second preview of U47 plus the Shifter race, Razorclaw Shifter Iconic, and Feydark Illusionist universal tree. The upgraded Legendary raids are not part of the preview, but a standalone quest and some new loot is. I'm definitely curious about the Illusionist tree. Might be a solid upgrade for my neglected Deep Gnome PK build. Definitely be nice to get some new illusions in; maybe some will-based damage spells (they existed in a splat for 3.5 D&D).

Last edited:
Corwin, you've got two weeks to log Reywindd in or there will be a coup.

FYI, I have been called upon to fill in at another plant, which means a 2 hour drive (1 way). So there's a distinct possibility I will be late Friday, and depending on whether I work Saturday, out. I'd suggest a quick DA run as filler if I'm not on time; if I'm out I'll pop in and let everyone know.

As an aside, Lammania is going up tomorrow (8/26) with a second preview of U47 plus the Shifter race, Razorclaw Shifter Iconic, and Feydark Illusionist universal tree. The upgraded Legendary raids are not part of the preview, but a standalone quest and some new loot is. I'm definitely curious about the Illusionist tree. Might be a solid upgrade for my neglected Deep Gnome PK build. Definitely be nice to get some new illusions in; maybe some will-based damage spells (they existed in a splat for 3.5 D&D).

I found a funny forums entry about that :lol: : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...-2-8-26-8-28?p=6353496&viewfull=1#post6353496

The tree seems to have familiars : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...-2-8-26-8-28?p=6353843&viewfull=1#post6353843

Quote from the tree thread :

Description
This tree is a universal casting tree that enhances your spellcasting and allows you to create Illusions to befuddle your enemies and summon a familiar to your side. This familiar cannot fight or die, and will not be targeted by monsters, much like a Falconry bird. Feydark Illusionist requires the feat Magical Training in order to access.

The tree thread : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...niversal-Enhancement-Tree-Feydark-Illusionist

On the release plans : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...-2-8-26-8-28?p=6353416&viewfull=1#post6353416

Live Dev Event on Lamannia on Thursday : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...-2-8-26-8-28?p=6353426&viewfull=1#post6353426

Feydark Illusionist

Code:
Enhancements

Cores
        Find Familiar Requires Magical Training Feat. Multiselector:
            Find Familiar: Fox Familiar Toggle: Summons your chosen familiar, a fox, to your side. Familiars will follow you and can assist in your magical endeavors. +2 Spellcraft while toggled on.
            Find Familiar: Illusory Sprite Familiar Toggle: Summons your chosen familiar, an Illusory Sprite, to your side. Familiars will follow you and can assist in your magical endeavors. +2 Spellcraft while toggled on.
            Find Familiar: Pseudodragon Familiar Toggle: Summons your chosen familiar, a pseudodragon, to your side. Familiars will follow you and can assist in your magical endeavors. +2 Spellcraft while toggled on.
            Find Familiar: White Cat Familiar Toggle: Summons your chosen familiar, a cat, to your side. Familiars will follow you and can assist in your magical endeavors. +2 Spellcraft while toggled on.
            Find Familiar: White Tressym Familiar Toggle: Summons your chosen familiar, a white tressym, to your side. Familiars will follow you and can assist in your magical endeavors. +2 Spellcraft while toggled on.
        Ability Score Multiselector
            Intelligence +1 Intelligence
            Wisdom +1 Wisdom
            Charisma +1 Charisma
        Illusory Weaponry You have studied Illusion to the point where you can craft more permanent manifestations of Shadow. This grants both the ability to conjure physical Shadowblades to wield as weapons as well as the ability to enchant your current weapons to be more powerful. Shadowblades are Shortswords made of force and may use your Charisma modifier for their attack and damage. As you level up, they will become more powerful. If you unequip your Shadowblades, they will dissapate into nothingness and must be summoned again. Enchanting your weapons to become Shadowblades will change their material type to Force and grant them additional bonuses. This is considered an Item Enchantment.
            Wisdom +1 Wisdom
            Charisma +1 Charisma
        Familiar's Force +1 to Illusion DCs. Your familiar now grants you +10 Force and Universal Spellpower.
        Master Illusionist +2 Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. +2 Illusion DCs. Your familiar now grants an additional +20 Force and Universal Spellpower.
    Tier 1
        Feydark Explorer +1/2/3 Spellcraft, Diplomacy, and Concentration. Rank 3: +1 Use Magic Device
        Familiar's Flourish I While your familiar is by your side, you may use Charisma as your weapon's to-hit modifier.
        Twist Reality Offensive Illusion spells reduce your enemies' Will saves by 1 for 10 seconds. This stacks 3 times.
        Study the Arcane +30/60/100 Maximum Spellpoints
        Illusory Armor Spell Points: 30/20/10. Cooldown: 5 Seconds. You may cast the spell Mage Armor as a Spell-Like Ability. In addition, while under the benefits of any Mage Armor, you gain +2/4/6 Magical Resistance Rating.
    Tier 2
        Enhanced Invisibility Spell Points: 30/20/10. Cooldown: 5 Seconds. You may cast the spell Invisibility as a Spell-Like Ability. In addition, while under the effects of any source of Invisibility, you gain +3 Saves vs Traps.
        Familiar's Flourish II While your familiar is by your side, you may use Charisma as your weapon's damage modifier.
        Bend Light Your studies of the Illusion school have manifested to protect you, making you slightly harder to see. You gain the benefits of the Blur spell.
        You've Got My Back Your Familiar draws ambient and offensive magiks to it, protecting you from Magic Missiles as if you had the benefits of the Shield spell.
        Shadow Blades Spell Points: 10/8/6. Cooldown: 8/6/5 Seconds. Conjure an illusory blade of shadow that flies forward at a single target. The enemy struck takes 1d6+2 Force damage per caster level, with a will save vs (DC17 + Illusion bonuses + Highest of Int/wis/cha) for half damage.
    Tier 3
        Spell Penetration +1/2/3 Spell Penetration
        Distract Your familiar appears at a targetted location, acting as a distractin and attracting the attention of monsters who may be searching for you in the area. This will only successfully distract monsters who are not actively attacking. This ability may be used without breaking Stealth or Invisibility.
        Magical Attunement I +2% Force Spell Critical Chance and +1% Universal Spell Critical Chance
        Refraction When hit or missed in combat, there is a small chance you will reactively turn Invisible for a short duration.
            Wisdom +1 Wisdom
            Charisma +1 Charisma
    Tier 4
        Be My Eyes Your Familiar grants you the benefits of the True Seeing spell, and will automatically find Spell Wards for you.
        Fan of Shadowblades Spellpoints: 18/15/12. Cooldown: 14/12/10 Seconds. Fan a series of Shadowblades outwards into a wide cone. The enemies struck take 1d6+2 Force damage per caster level, with a will save vs (DC17 + Illusion bonuses + Highest of Int/wis/cha) for half damage.
        Magical Attunement II +2% Force Spell Crit Chance and +1% Universal Spell Crit Chance.
        Improved Shadowblades All of your Shadowblades spells, attacks with weapons that have been imbued by Shadow, and attacks with conjured Shadowblades apply 1/2/3 stacks of Shattermantle when they damage an enemy.
            Wisdom +1 Wisdom
            Charisma +1 Charisma
    Tier 5
        Illusory Augmentation +1 Illusion DCs. The feats Augment Summoning and Improved Augment Summoning now each grant +5 Force Spell Power and an additional +1 Illusion DCs
        Familiar's Reach Your familiar carries spells further than you would normally be able to cast them. Your spells benefit from the Enlarge Metamagic at no additional cost.
        Magical Attunement III +2% Force Spell Crit Chance and +2% Universal Spell Crit Chance
        Ring of Shadowblades Spellpoints: 50/40/25. Cooldown: 40/35/30 Seconds. Conjure a large ring of interlocking illusory Shadowblades that damage enemies passing through them. Enemies take 1d6+2 Force damage per caster level, with a will save vs (DC17 + Illusion bonuses + Highest of Int/wis/cha) for half damage.
        Force in Tandem Your familiar now grants you +10 force spellpower, 10 Universal spellpower, and 5% Force absorption. These bonuses are temporarily doubled if you cross the barrier of a Ring of Shadowblades.

I'm already rethinking my old PK build. Going to be tough to fit AM, DG, and this though.

Razorclaw Shifter

Code:
Razorclaw Shifter is an Eberron Iconic (starting in Sharn) that represents a third Subrace of Shifter, one focused on attacking things with claws. They get a unique set of attack animations when using Handwraps. This animation set is timed similar to Monk Handwrap animations.

Starts with 1 level of: Barbarian
    Stats: +2 Strength, -2 Intelligence
    Autogranted Feat: Dismiss Rage
    Autogranted Feat: Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Handwraps
    Autogranted Feat: Razorclaw Shifter: Passive: +1 STR. Active: Activate this Shifter ability to shift your form, granting you a +4 Rage bonus to Strength and Dexterity, a +2 Morale bonus to Fortitude saves, and a -2 penalty to Wisdom. When the form ends, however, you will become fatigued. Your form will last for 30 seconds plus an additional amount of time based on your Strength. You can prematurely end your form by using the Dismiss Rage feat. This shares charges with Barbarian's Rage feat, and anything that grants bonuses while Raging will grant bonuses with this. Shifting your form in this way prevents Spellcasting.
    Past Life: Not featured in this preview.

How to Access
You can access the Razorclaw Shifter Iconic Eberron Race on the Preview server by speaking to Lord Poincelot in the center of the Test Dojo and then purchasing it in the Lamannia DDO Store. Note: Clicking get now on the Iconic Race selection screen will not find Razorclaw Shifters in the store, however, clicking Get Now on the final screen of character creation will. Alternatively, if you search the store manually you can find the Razorclaw Shifter Iconic Race.

Enhancements

Cores
        Extra Shifting +1 Rage uses per rest. (You expend Rage uses to activate your Shifting).
            Constitution +1 Constitution
            Dexterity +1 Dexterity
            Strength +1 Strength
            Wisdom +1 Wisdom
        Extra Shifting +2 Rage uses per rest.
            Dexterity +1 Dexterity
            Strength +1 Strength
            Wisdom +1 Wisdom
        Regenerating Shift You Regenerate 1 Rage use every 90 seconds.
    Tier 1
        Hone Claws +1/2/3 to Attack with Handwraps
        Hunt & Track +1/2/3 Spot, Listen, and Intimidate
        Extend Shifting Your Shifting and Barbarian rages last 25/50/75% longer.
        Hardy Shifting +1/2/3 Constitution while Shifting or Raging.
    Tier 2
        Piercing Claws While Raging with Handwraps, you bypass Piercing DR.
        Natural Armor +2/4/6 to Natural Armor
        Howl Nearby Allies gain +2 to Attack per 5 Character Levels you have for 20 seconds. You can use this once per Rest.
        Extra Howling +1/2/3 use of Howl per rest
        Magic Fang Spell Like Ability. Spell Points: 10/8/5. Cooldown: 20/15/10 Seconds. Increases the Enhancement Bonus of the target's natural weapon by 1, plus 1 per five caster levels. An item can have only one temporary item enchantment at a time. Only works on players, hirelings, or pets, and only if they are Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Dragons, or Fey. Equipping a new weapon cancels the effect.
    Tier 3
        Pounce Cooldown: 18 Seconds. Rush forward, dealing +2/4/6W to targets near you when you land. Rank 2: +1 Critical Threat Range with this attack. Rank 3: +1 Critical Multiplier with this attack.
        Augment Summoning Grants the Augment Summoning feat: Your summoned creatures, charmed minions, pets, and hirelings have +4 to all ability scores, increased health, and increased fortification.
        Stronger Howl When you Howl, nearby enemies take -2 to Armor Class per 5 Character Levels you have for 20 seconds.
        Favored Enemy Feat Multiselector
            Animal
            Fey
            Magical Beast
            Plant
            Reptilian
            Vermin 
    Tier 4
        Destructive Shifting While Shifting, you gain Improved Destruction and trip enemies for 2 seconds on a Vorpal hit. Your Razorclaw Shifting now Uncenters you.
        True Hunter You gain Freedom of Movement, +2 to Saves vs. Enchantments and Illusions, immunity to Petrification, and +10 to Spot.
        Howl of Terror Spell Like Ability. Spell Points: 45/40/30. Cooldown: 20/15/10 Seconds. You utter a terrifying howl, filling your foes with a paralyzing fear. Foes around you are paralyzed for 6 to 24 seconds. Will save negates.

Barbarian Iconic that has unarmed combat skills like a Monk. Most of the enhancements seem to be pulled from the existing Barbarian ones so I'm not sure how good it'll be. I guess it can be an option for my former Monk-turned Sorcerer, but since it's Iconic I'll probably ignore it. I don't much care for epics as it is.

Shifter Race

Code:
Shifters are a basic Eberron race with notable Lycanthropic ancestry. They cannot transform entirely into animals, but can shift parts of their bodies to be animal-like for short periods of time. In DDO, this Shifting has similarities (and statistical connections to) Raging.

What are Shifters meant to be good at?: Depending on your subrace selection, they could excel at Defense/Tanking or WIS-based casting.
    Stats: +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence
    Autogranted Feat: Dismiss Rage
    1st Level Racial Feat: Subrace Selector. (Like Aasimar, Shifters select their subrace at level 1, which grants them some specific bonuses and informs which selections they can make in their tree).
        Beasthide Shifter: Passive: +1 CON. Active: Activate this Shifter ability to shift your form, granting you a +4 Rage bonus to Armor Class and Constitution, a +2 Morale bonus to Fortitude saves, and a -2 penalty to Wisdom. When the form ends, however, you will lose the hit points granted to you by increased Constitution and become fatigued. Your form will last for 30 seconds plus an additional amount of time based on your Constitution. You can prematurely end your form by using the Dismiss Rage feat. This shares charges with Barbarian's Rage feat, and anything that grants bonuses while Raging will grant bonuses with this. Shifting your form in this way prevents Spellcasting.
        Wildhunt Shifter: Passive: +1 WIS. Activate this Shifter ability to shift your form, granting you a +4 Rage bonus to Wisdom and Dexterity, a +2 Morale bonus to Will saves, and a -2 penalty to Strength. When the form ends, however, you will become fatigued. Your form will last for 30 seconds plus an additional amount of time based on your Wisdom. You can prematurely end your form by using the Dismiss Rage feat. This shares charges with Barbarian's Rage feat, and anything that grants bonuses while Raging will grant bonuses with this. Shifting your form in this way prevents Spellcasting.
    Past Life: Not featured in this preview.

How to Access
You can access the Shifter Heroic Eberron Race on the Preview server by speaking to Lord Poincelot in the center of the Test Dojo and then purchasing it in the Lamannia DDO Store. Note: Clicking get now on the race selection screen will not find Shifters in the store, however, clicking Get Now on the final screen of character creation will. Alternatively, if you search the store manually you can find the shifter race.

Enhancements

Cores
        Extra Shifting +1 Rage uses per rest. (You expend Rage uses to activate your Shifting).
            Dexterity +1 Dexterity
            Strength +1 Strength
            Wisdom +1 Wisdom
        Extra Shifting +2 Rage uses per rest.
            Dexterity +1 Dexterity
            Strength +1 Strength
            Wisdom +1 Wisdom
        Regenerating Shift You Regenerate 1 Rage use every 90 seconds.
    Tier 1
        Brute Fighting Multiselector
            Brutal Spellcasting While toggled on, your damaging spells generate 25/50/75% more hate than they normally would, making enemies more likely to at
            Brutal Fighting While toggled on, your melee attacks to generate 25/50/75% more hate than they normally would, making enemies more likely to attack you.
        Hunt & Track +1/2/3 Spot, Listen, and Intimidate
        Extend Shifting Your Shifting and Barbarian rages last 25/50/75% longer.
        Hardy Shifting +1/2/3 Constitution while Shifting or Raging.
    Tier 2
        Shifted Alterations Choice determined by your subrace
            Shifted Defenses Requires: Beasthide Shifter. +4 Physical Resistance Rating while Raging.
            Shifted Senses Requires Wildhunt Shifter. +3 to Spot and +2% Dodge while Raging.
        Natural Armor +2/4/6 to Natural Armor
        Howl Choice determined by your subrace
            Howl Requires: Beasthide Shifter. Release a mighty howl, granting nearby allies +2 Action Boost Bonus to PRR and MRR per 5 Character Levels you have for 20 seconds. You can use this once per Rest.
            Howl Requires Wildhunt Shifter. Release a mighty howl, granting nearby allies +1 Action Boost Bonus to Saving Throws per 10 Character Levels you have for 20 seconds. You can use this once per Rest.
        Extra Howling +1/2/3 use of Howl per rest
        Magic Fang Spell Like Ability. Spell Points: 10/8/5. Cooldown: 20/15/10 Seconds. Increases the Enhancement Bonus of the target's natural weapon by 1, plus 1 per five caster levels. An item can have only one temporary item enchantment at a time. Only works on players, hirelings, or pets, and only if they are Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Dragons, or Fey. Equipping a new weapon cancels the effect.
    Tier 3
        Empowered by Nature Choice determined by your subrace
            Empowered by Nature Requires: Beasthide Shifter. +10 Positive Healing Amplification
            Empowered by Nature Requires Wildhunt Shifter. +25 Maximum Spell Points. You can now cast while Raging.
        Augment Summoning Grants the Augment Summoning feat: Your summoned creatures, charmed minions, pets, and hirelings have +4 to all ability scores, increased health, and increased fortification.
        Stronger Howl Choice determined by your subrace
            Stronger Howl Requires: Beasthide Shifter. When you Howl, nearby enemies take -2 to Attack per 5 Character Levels you have for 20 seconds.
            Empowered by Nature Requires Wildhunt Shifter. When you Howl, nearby enemies take -1 to Saving Throws per 5 Character Levels you have for 20 seconds.
        Favored Enemy Feat Multiselector
            Animal
            Fey
            Magical Beast
            Plant
            Reptilian
            Vermin 
    Tier 4
        Threatening Shift Choice determined by your subrace
            Threatening Shift Requires: Beasthide Shifter. While raging, +20% to Threat Generation and +5% Quality Bonus to Maximum Hit Points
            Camouflaged Shift Requires Wildhunt Shifter. While raging, gain Lesser Displacement and +3% Dodge Cap
        True Hunter You gain Freedom of Movement, +2 to Saves vs. Enchantments and Illusions, immunity to Petrification, and +10 to Spot.
        Howl of Terror Spell Like Ability. Spell Points: 45/40/30. Cooldown: 20/15/10 Seconds. You utter a terrifying howl, filling your foes with a paralyzing fear. Foes around you are paralyzed for 6 to 24 seconds. Will save negates.

Meh. Looks like it's going to be okay for a Falconry/Divine Caster build or a Barbarian of some kind, but nothing really stands out as being truly necessary or great.

Last edited:
Aesthetically, the Shifters don't looks as pretty as elves.

I am going to be here today. And thank you all for the support .

Good to hear and good to have you back (front and sides too) :)

Does running the Desert quests mean that we'll do the raid next Friday ?

I believe that is the plan assuming that everyone is there.

Ye Olde Planne:

before Friday) Corwin takes his main for a quick stroll around the Orchard. An explorer run (about 30 minutes) should get enough XP when combined with rares, slayers, and monster manual to get 15, or at a minimum extremely close. Did this with Phuury yesterday and picked up the half rank I needed to get 15. Holding now.

1) Desert raid

2) Take level 15

3) Mired in kobolds

4) Gianthold S/E/R and walkups

5) Hopefully take level 16

6) GH flaggers, Tor, and maybe Pikers Unite raid

7) Rage chain

Thanks. I never did most of that. In fact, I never did most quests from level 10+ on.

I did most of the Rage chain on solo with my level 11 or 12 Paladin recently ... on casual mode, because of the level(s) ...

Someone had written in the forums that story-wise this is kind of the prelude to the Sharn quests.

And that person also wrote that this story isn't really over after Sharn, because that particular item remains stolen ...

I managed to do a run in the Orchard, but with 7 rares, 14 explorers and 245 slayers, I'm still nowhere near completing my fourth rank never mind my fifth. I doubt I'll get back this week!!

Fair enough. We'll see what we can do to even it out.

Moderate-sized update dropped Tuesday. Plan accordingly.

It's very likely that I won't be there again.

My father has recruited me again for work on his parent's house on Saturday, which means a bit more than an hour driving, and he's over 70 now, because he has received a letter from the village saying the house is not looking orderly and rather ugly (my words).

So, I need to get enough sleep to be rather fresh in the morning and to be able to drive.

Since he has inherited the house, he stubbornly refuses to do any repairs on it and to keep it orderly, always saying it looks ugly, and thus creating an self-fulfilling prophecy of the house now looking ugly because of the lack of repairs. Plus, shortening the lawn there is more important to him that cleaning the street side, which has apparingly made the village send him this letter.

Oh, how much I hate this !

Okay, we have an agreement now to shift that cleaning next Wednesday, as I have a week of vacation time, so to say.

Means I could participate now.

This have two other plus sides for me :

- I can attend to a meeting of HSPs I had co-founded a bit more that ten years ago (we have already 2020 !)

- This Saturday there's the German variant of the Free Comic Book Day.

Back
Top Bottom