Final Fantasy XV - Make or Break

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
GameInformer chatted with Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata, who states that this game can mean a break or make decision for the franchise and on top of that shares his perspective on fan feedback.

More information.

I think they are treading on thin ice.

Final Fantasy, as a franchise already divided fans into at least three different factions:
- The FF6/FF7 worshippers,
- The FF11 MMO junkies,
- The FF12/Tactics progressivists.

... So who to please in FF15?

I still can't understand how they'd bank an entire franchise on an RPG with four almost identikit male party members. I'm a fan of the series, but even after watching trailers and the FF15 announcement shin-dig, I couldn't tell you who's who.

There's Noctis and, erm, is one called Ignis? I seriously can't recall, or visualise them.

Historically, different characters had different looks, colour-schemes, ages and, you know, genders. This time we get four young men in black. I think one wears glasses. He's probably the smart one, which might make more magical?

The game itself does look good, I have to say, but I don't have high hopes for an enjoyable / memorable time with this cast. Let's hope for some outstanding support NPCs!

I'm kind of surprised that they would change it into an action game if their goal was to win fans back to the series. This is definitely the biggest departure that I've seen from previous games. It seems more like they are seeking a completely new audience rather then trying to appeal to their older one.

but everybody drives around in the countryside with 3 of their bros.

This is an attempt to win the American audience more than the Japanese one and I think it will be received as such in Japan.

Whats up with people wearing masks in their office? Is the air so bad in japan?

Mask's are when feeling sick so you don't spread it to those around you.
Bit surprising that in the rest of the world none seem to care about their surrounding.

Air was pretty bad before they got public transport sorted but that was a long time ago. So won't find oxygen dispensers in tokyo anymore, I did look when I was there 10 years ago. :)

Alright, that makes sense. I'm home when I feel sick so my germs wont spread to co-workers anyway.

Back
Top Bottom