ToEE - Circle of Eight 7.00 Mod Release

I fought and fought yesterday and finally got this game running with a semblance of stability. Running full screen at 720p seems to be the key in terms of resolutions and scaling to stop the game from crashing every few seconds for me. Now to finally play this game until I actually get into a combat. =)

That's why I never install games to Program Files (x86) in Windows 7. The UAC settings are annoying as hell. You're better off just installing directly to C:

Otherwise, Windows 7 is 10x better than Vista imo.

If you're an advanced user and know what you are doing just disable UAC, it's not even real security for the "OK" button bashers out there (who it was developped for).

This newsbit finaly reminded me that I still needed to get this game from GoG.com and give it a decent swirl (so I've just bought it, nice holiday 50% discount). Installed it on my second harddrive (still E:\ can't be bothered to make it D:\) :)

After disabling half the shit, I never had much trouble with Vista :)

But I'm on W7 - as I prefer the visual changes.

Vista got a bad rep based on the default setup. Most people aren't aware that it's more about the setup than the actual OS - but then again, most people shouldn't have to care.

MS did that to themselves.

Back
Top Bottom