Might and Magic 7

@Fnord so where are you at ? :)
I've done the second upgrade quest for all but one party member (my future Archmage), and I'm at level 27-28 for all party members. Money is starting to become a bit of an issue, though I'm not desperate yet.
The Judge is dead, and I also apparently did one of the good side mainquests by mistake earlier in the game, when I randomly explored a wine cellar by mistake. I'm currently trying to fight my way through The Pit, but even with Light Magic being raised to grand master level (lots of horse shoes and saved points went into that), I'm having issues with this region. Plenty of very powerful enemies down there.

It is very good to have Protection from Magic at Grandmaster level when you're down in the Pit. Along with Hour of Power and Day of Protection, it will help you survive all the magic flying about. Don't forget you can duck into the hall of the pit or the breeding zone to recharge your mana, heal up, etc.

Even with Day of Protection and Protection from Magic, the Lich Kings still have a very nasty spell that can 1hit kill my mage. I can't go into turnbased mode due to this, as I need to constantly be on the move in order to dodge this. They also seem to have some form of spell reflect ability, as Destroy Undead seem to kill my character faster than it kills them.
I did notice that town portal works for both getting out of and into the pit, which is quite handy.

Lloyds Beacon can also be very useful. :)

Haha, you should have chosen the dark side. According to gamefaqs, the pit is indeed a lot harder than celeste. The spell reflect is probably pain reflection. Useful spell for me, painful for you.

At around your level my available money dropped too to 20000 or so (bought lots of spell books, leveling, etc.). I thought I was going to have a problem, but now I got over 400 000… so no worries.

Next up is the maze in nighon, then I got to kill your boss ;)

Last edited:
Leveling past GM:
Cleric - Body increases regen which is mega-useful; Spirit increases buffs.
Shield: GM gives elemental protection equal to level, so useful.
Light/dark magic - best spells are x * skill level.

Judging by the size and amount of creatures in The Pit compared to my "home region", I can believe that. Darn, there is a lot of ground to cover, and it is just flooded with powerful enemies.

*edit*
While The Pit itself was pretty hard (and also tedious), the actual quest regions were not. Only the castle had dangerous enemies that were not easily avoided. Also, the boss creature in the quest that I got after beating the first 3 quests from the questgivers in the eastern region of Celeste was laughably easy, he did not even hurt any of my characters.
And that ancient weapon he had looks quite interesting…

*edit* Also, with the amount of levels I got in there, now I feel like I'll be able to take on anything that dares stand in my way!
(I'll probably have to eat my own words as soon as I start facing Devils though). +

Last edited:
Yes, I usually just cast invisibility in the Pit and run to the four big caverns and clear those instead. The main "hub" doesn't actually hold anything of interest to good guys other than being annoying to clear out.

The combination of regeneration, resist magic and the light magic spells made my party nigh invincible towards the end. I could just muscle my way through almost any encounter without having to fear death.

I am by the way officially done now. I should have gone to bed 2h ago, but knowing that I was so close to the end, I just kept on playing.

I still think that the game would have been considerably better if there were less enemies in it, many fights got drawn out and were not all that interesting. The character customization and the amount of varied spells did lift the game though, once the casters got powerful enough to actually use them and I enjoyed the "twist" near the end, even though I was expecting it (I have played WoX before).

Attachments

• Might and magic 7 finish.JPG
    Might and magic 7 finish.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 46
I always get a kick out of those certificates. Portal seriously has nothing on M&M when it comes to empty promises. Those damned ancients are off in some strange dimension eating all the cake and laughing at us.

The combination of regeneration, resist magic and the light magic spells made my party nigh invincible towards the end. I could just muscle my way through almost any encounter without having to fear death.
I use bless, heroism, protection against magic and regeneration which is good enough. However, I don't have the light magic spells of course, which I think may make the fight with the devils harder.

I am by the way officially done now. I should have gone to bed 2h ago, but knowing that I was so close to the end, I just kept on playing.
That was fast, I still have to do colony zod which, from the looks at it, is going to be hard (without using invisibility).

I still think that the game would have been considerably better if there were less enemies in it, many fights got drawn out and were not all that interesting. The character customization and the amount of varied spells did lift the game though, once the casters got powerful enough to actually use them and I enjoyed the "twist" near the end, even though I was expecting it (I have played WoX before).
M&M7 definitely has it flaws. Nevertheless, I really would like to see the character development improved upon in a newer game (any rpg, or in a M&M10 kickstarter). I like the extended promotion quests of M&M9, e.g., mage -> wizard -> lich. For me these promotion quests can involve a whole tree (with a depth of 10, similar to a skill tree), it is 50% of what makes M&M imo.

I took much longer than you to finish the game. 6 in-game years and got to level 72...
I agree that the game got repetitive towards the end.

I use bless, heroism, protection against magic and regeneration which is good enough. However, I don't have the light magic spells of course, which I think may make the fight with the devils harder.

That was fast, I still have to do colony zod which, from the looks at it, is going to be hard (without using invisibility).
The Devils were not all that hard actually. Even the boss turned out to be easy (I did not even notice that I killed him). While the light magic spells were very useful, I guess fire resist, heroism, bless and regenerate should be enough. The tunnel leading to the region where Zod is located was harder.

M&M7 definitely has it flaws. Nevertheless, I really would like to see the character development improved upon in a newer game (any rpg, or in a M&M10 kickstarter). I like the extended promotion quests of M&M9, e.g., mage -> wizard -> lich. For me these promotion quests can involve a whole tree (with a depth of 10, similar to a skill tree), it is 50% of what makes M&M imo.
The promotion quests gave a real sense of progression, which few games of today can seem to match.

I took much longer than you to finish the game. 6 in-game years and got to level 72…
I agree that the game got repetitive towards the end.
I found your completion certificate.
The game was at its best during the mid-game, where there were a lot of exploration going on, and the game threw less enemies your way.

You are right, it got a bit too much toward the end. I had to put myself to it to finish it. The hordes of monsters outside (dragons, titans and devils) were a bit too much for me. While I may have been able to kill them all, I just opted to use invisibility since it became a bit tiresome. The dungeons itself were not too hard.

edit: \o/ I got the highest score, what do I win ? ;-)

Attachments

• MM7_Win.jpg
    MM7_Win.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 33
Darn, and here I thought my score was pretty good ;)

I just flew my way into the colony, ignoring all titans, dragons and such. The only other thing I did in the region was to pick up Grand Master Armsmaster for my Champion. He did a tremendous amount of damage with his two swords towards the end, often in the region of 100points of damage per hit, and with a very short recovery time.

If I were to play through the game again, I would probably drop my Thief. While it was decent enough early on, it started to fall behind towards the midway point of the game.

Darn, and here I thought my score was pretty good ;)

I just flew my way into the colony, ignoring all titans, dragons and such. The only other thing I did in the region was to pick up Grand Master Armsmaster for my Champion. He did a tremendous amount of damage with his two swords towards the end, often in the region of 100points of damage per hit, and with a very short recovery time.

If I were to play through the game again, I would probably drop my Thief. While it was decent enough early on, it started to fall behind towards the midway point of the game.
It's strange though, you have achieved a higher level in less time and still have a lower score. My ninja/paladin did 80 damage at best, and only 20-30 or so against the sentries. I won't replaying the game for a long time, I certainly won't replay it every year as someone else here does :)

I'm waiting for my holidays to start, so I can finally get Risen and play it… Yay!
I assume you mean Risen 2, have fun. I am continuing my whispered world playthrough. M&M7 really put me in the mood for skyrim, however they still ask full price (58 euro) for the ps3 version over here, I'd rather wait till it drops under 20 euro.

No I mean Risen I :D

Uni took over my life this year and I was still plying GIII last academic year (never finished, game was too long).

Yeah, I won't be playing MM7 for a long long time, if ever.

Back
Top Bottom