Gothic 3 Game Installs but does not 'start'

"Would my graphics card, or lack thereof, cause my game NOT to start? "
Yes.

Just to be sure whats the most current game you have played on your system, atm?
And did the game have starting logos, like nvidia or the game designer and publisher?
If so then it's not related to you card not working with third party software like RAD Tools which plays most game movies (.bik).
More specificly sometimes the movie logos won't play or they are only thing to play.

If it isn't the movies usually the game checks your card and it's ability before trying to start up the game enviorment, so it defiantly could keep the game from starting. :(

Yes sounds like you sound leep an eye on the 6600gt, unless you feel comfortable planning to spend more than $100, but once you get to where you can spend $200 or more the choices could be different. :)

She just said it won't start and she was going to keep trying, unless I missed something as I am rather tired, could you be specific?

Ahh your right, thanks. :)
I got confused, she has a thread in NWN2 with problems I had just posted in. ;)

Now I read it again, I sure hope she gets around to trying your orginal idea, though if it does run she will have an even worst time with G3 than NWN2.

Incidentally I have not found anything on the disc that resembles "copy protection drivers"

Any idea what the file is actually called?

It's called DrvSetup. It should be on the DVD in the folder "support" - well, at least in my version it is.

I had the same problem and doing what Gorath told you here solved the problem.
Well, sort of. If I take out the disc from the drive and insert it again, then I have to start the game from the autostart menu. But without the driver it doesn't work at all so...

Back
Top Bottom