HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN Middle East has reviewed the DLC Murder on Eridanos:

The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos DLC - Review

Sci-fi P.I.

Obsidian has leaned hard into turning The Outer Worlds into a sci-fi detective game with its two DLC expansions - a direction that plays to the strengths of its characters and writing. That's smart, considering the combat has pretty much fully run out of gas by this point. The second and final one, Murder on Eridanos, is a more intimate and local whodunnit that has you following a trail of clues around a series of colorful floating islands to interview weird suspects and hold up a high-tech magnifying glass to highlight clues. It's not a grand sendoff for this upstart RPG, but it's another good chunk of time spent in its universe.
After a brief setup in which the star of an in-universe TV show is murdered, you're handed a badge and sent off to be an impartial investigator. I only wish we'd gotten to see or at least hear more of these noir-ish Halcyon Helen serials, since the small taste we do see is tons of fun and right up the alley of The Outer Worlds' dark humor.

[...]

The Verdict

The final expansion to Obsidian's original sci-fi RPG is a low-key but intriguing finale. The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos puts us into a traditionally structured murder mystery with a few good turns to investigate across one of its weirdest planets yet. It doesn't revive the stale combat but it does give us a good reason to come back to the crew of the Unreliable to solve one last case.
More information.

I have a feeling base game is hitting Humble Choice soon.

Since this news never made the front-page here you go.

Microsoft Now Has Full Control of The Outer Worlds - The Gamer
Microsoft has full control over The Outer Worlds and will act as the official publisher of any "future iterations" according to a recent statement by Private Division.

The statement was released following some confusion regarding who owns the publishing rights for the game. Take-Two Interactive, who own Private Division, the publishers of the original release of the game before Obsidian was purchased by Microsoft, had an earnings call where they mentioned that The Outer Worlds had sold over 3 million units.

Since this news never made the front-page here you go.

Microsoft Now Has Full Control of The Outer Worlds - The Gamer

This was not really surprising, rumor has it they are going to announce part 2 at E3....hopefully with a much bigger budget.

This was not really surprising, rumor has it they are going to announce part 2 at E3....hopefully with a much bigger budget.

I'll be surprised if that turns out to be true. I don't think Obsidian has the staff to work on two AAA titles simultaneously.

Not too surprised at this news. I am more looking forward to Avowed and saw Couch posted a little update on it in another thread. I still have to complete the new DLC's for Outer Worlds ... been sitting on my PC waiting.

I'll be surprised if that turns out to be true. I don't think Obsidian has the staff to work on two AAA titles simultaneously.

They do now....apparently they have 100 working on avowed and 2 other teams on two other games. I guess the effect of MS money now.

They do now….apparently they have 100 working on avowed and 2 other teams on two other games. I guess the effect of MS money now.

Yeah, I guess I should have checked before I said that. That's a big increase from the last time I looked at the company when it was around 50 employees.

I just hope that Avowed and a potential ToW sequel are better than ToW 1 was. I found it underwhelming.

The Outer Worlds 2 - Official Reveal Trailer

This comedic cinematic trailer for The Outer Worlds 2 pokes fun at the usual game announcement trailers. It was shown during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase. The Outer Worlds sequel will be an Xbox Console Exclusive.

@HiddenX;

Last edited:

Turned out to be true....no info yet though.

Yeah, I guess I should have checked before I said that. That's a big increase from the last time I looked at the company when it was around 50 employees.

I just hope that Avowed and a potential ToW sequel are better than ToW 1 was. I found it underwhelming.

I think you can tell they had a limited scope due to budget....really it showed what they could do now lets give them some money to push it.

I think you can tell they had a limited scope due to budget….really it showed what they could do now lets give them some money to push it.

Yeah.. even though I was somewhat disappointed by ToW, I'll still play a sequel in the hope that it might be closer to what I was expecting from the first game.

They really need to rethink the way they do loot though or include some kind of hardcore mode that doesn't shower the player with 10x more weapons and ammo than they need.

Back
Top Bottom