Project Phoenix - Combat Update & Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Project Phoenix has a new update with details about how the combat works. They even have a video showing us how the combat works.

Here's our first combat update video. We've realised that we have a huge amount of explaining to do in terms of combat, so decided to take it in little chunks at a time. The video may raise more questions and requests, but please understand that this is only a small handful of examples of how you can use the terrain to your advantage. Check it out and let us know what you think!
Also Gematsu has a new interview with Hiroaki Yura.

Could you briefly introduce the setting, characters, and gameplay of Project Phoenix for those who aren’t yet familiar with it?

Yura: Sure! Project Phoenix is a Japanese RPG that blends in [real-time strategy] elements into its battle system, taking the best that Eastern and Western game development has to offer. The game takes place on a world called Azuregard, which is a high-fantasy realm and is home to various human kingdoms as well as elves, dwarves, orcs, and other races which include those not native to the Western high fantasy.

When players experience the game, they will do so through the eyes of Marcus Stern, a Templar who encounters Ruffles, an angel who has amnesia, and doesn’t quite know who she is or why she was sent to Azuregard. Later on, the two meet Sylrianah, an elven princess, and Zarum the Lost, a Battlemage, and together, with other characters not yet announced, they’ll seek to put a stop to a conflict that threatens to engulf the land.
More information.

Not to seem mercenary, but the pledge amount that gets you a digital download of this game is twice what I've seen in any other RPG Kickstarter.

It doesn't seem likely that an indie game will end up costing much more than $20 at release, so I don't see a lot of incentive to kickstarting this one.

It costs $20 for the game and Beta access and I have only seen a few games lower then that for the game.

Back
Top Bottom