Hellgate London - Euro Preorder Details

This news fits to the decisions of Flagship and EA for the European market in the last months. They also made a deal with ebgames/gamestop, so German Hellgate fans can only buy a pre-order pack includig the option for a lifetime subscription at Gamestop. Sadly most of the fans don´t have a gamestop branch nearby, and this "intelligent people" don´t offer a way to buy online. You have to appear in person at Gamestop...

A few days ago we started an open letter with other German Hellgate fansites about this very bad decisions - the letter was sent to EA, Flagship and all print media and is published at many German speaking fansites.
You can read it in English and German at:
http://www.hellgate-london-game.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=188&Itemid=1

A true world economy is hundreds of years away if it ever happens at all.

I am an American living in Tokyo and if I want a Hershey's chocolate bar I have to take a 45 minute 1,300 Yen train ride to the nearest "import goods" shop and pay 500 Yen for the chocolate. That is if they have it in stock this month.

I can't get good bratwurst in America or Japan either.

Nobody writes letters about it.

What is so "unfair" about not being able to acquire stuff made in other countries? It has been like this since the beginning of humankind.

What is so "unfair" about not being able to acquire stuff made in other countries? It has been like this since the beginning of humankind.

Are you saying it's fair because it's always been like this?

That's an amazingly weak argument.

Maybe it has nothing to do with fairness, but instead with the wish of the people. They want it, and they're making it clear that they want it.

Maybe you should make it clear to the Japanese people in power that you want Hershey bars easily available.

The question is if this stuff is meant to be sold in other countries. Hellgate is a product developed in the US, but it will be sold as a mass market item in many countries.
The decision to make the version of the game which promises the most money upfront only available through a growing but still rather unimportant retailer (in Germany) seems short-sighted to me. The majority of their potential customers does not have a Gamestop nearby. They might feel treated as second rate customers because they are not offered the best deal.

Back
Top Bottom