Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Stretch Goals

I thought @purpleblob; would beat me ... but next stretch goals are out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2750250

Do you sometimes look at the choice of races in fantasy games and think: “That’s not enough”? Do you yearn for more? For something less conventional? You’re in luck, for reaching this stretch goal will allow us to implement a whole new race that differs dramatically from the ordinary humans and their ilk. Which race will it be? Well, this time the choice will be yours — after the Kickstarter campaign ends, every backer will be able to vote on which of the three races you want us to add to the game. Choose wisely, as only one of the following races will make the cut.

I thought @purpleblob; would beat me … but next stretch goals are out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2750250

Do you sometimes look at the choice of races in fantasy games and think: “That’s not enough”? Do you yearn for more? For something less conventional? You’re in luck, for reaching this stretch goal will allow us to implement a whole new race that differs dramatically from the ordinary humans and their ilk. Which race will it be? Well, this time the choice will be yours — after the Kickstarter campaign ends, every backer will be able to vote on which of the three races you want us to add to the game. Choose wisely, as only one of the following races will make the cut.

I'm unwell today and bedridden....

I'm rather uninterested in these new races but that's because all my fav races are already in WotR.

I'm unwell today and bedridden….

I'm rather uninterested in these new races but that's because all my fav races are already in WotR.

Likewise. So far the only stretch goal that really attracted me was the new companion. But something for everyone though. I am sure some will enjoy it.

Hope you feel better soon!

I dont understand why someone would back KS project based on stretch goals. Im personally interested from start or not at all. But I suppose its mostly just way to maintain media coverage throughout the campaign. Which probably works to some extent. I hope Owlcat had carefully planned all stretch goals in advance. I think we all saw some past KS projects that tripped over unreasonable stretch goal promises.

I dont understand why someone would back KS project based on stretch goals. Im personally interested from start or not at all. But I suppose its mostly just way to maintain media coverage throughout the campaign. Which probably works to some extent. I hope Owlcat had carefully planned all stretch goals in advance. I think we all saw some past KS projects that tripped over unreasonable stretch goal promises.

I'm not interested in most of stretch goals either (so far, I only liked warpriest, companion and 2 more mythic paths) but based on speed of funding + chat on disord, there are a lot of people who are excited with stretch goals like mounted combat + cavalier class and new race.

Different people want different things and to me it looks like Owlcats/Paizo did their research.

I have to admit that I had little interest in this, until I saw the dismemberment stretch goal feature. Now, I'm interested. :biggrin: I think games in the fantasy genre would do well to bring back the blood and guts graphic type of fighting and battles like we saw in old video games.

Sure, make the game adult oriented, slap a "mature" rating on there, and then of course put in an option for those who may be disturbed by it or just not want it for whatever reason, that it can be switched off. Then let the censor-ious types moan and groan and make a fuss as much as they want (I'm referring to gaming media, the especially sensitive ones, who are sure to complain about it) and ignore them.

Flatly ignore them, and keep the feature in, and just have an explanation that it can be turned off by the player.

I can see this being a lot of fun, and would add interesting new dimensions to the combat. Like, can a person who had one arm removed, keep in the combat? Maybe there could be special abilities such as "blood rage" when one of your party character limbs was cut off, and they go into a battle frenzy with their good arm, lol. That is just one from off the cuff, there could be many more.

But if you cut the head off of an enemy demon or they cut the head off of one of your characters, that should be an instant kill. Can't get too carried away and make it too much of a farce or something. Always keep a bit of realism in there. Anyway, I love the dismemberment mechanic already.

I have to admit that I had little interest in this, until I saw the dismemberment stretch goal feature. Now, I'm interested. :biggrin: I think games in the fantasy genre would do well to bring back the blood and guts graphic type of fighting and battles like we saw in old video games.

Sure, make the game adult oriented, slap a "mature" rating on there, and then of course put in an option for those who may be disturbed by it or just not want it for whatever reason, that it can be switched off. Then let the censor-ious types moan and groan and make a fuss as much as they want (I'm referring to gaming media, the especially sensitive ones, who are sure to complain about it) and ignore them.

Flatly ignore them, and keep the feature in, and just have an explanation that it can be turned off by the player.

I can see this being a lot of fun, and would add interesting new dimensions to the combat. Like, can a person who had one arm removed, keep in the combat? Maybe there could be special abilities such as "blood rage" when one of your party character limbs was cut off, and they go into a battle frenzy with their good arm, lol. That is just one from off the cuff, there could be many more.

But if you cut the head off of an enemy demon or they cut the head off of one of your characters, that should be an instant kill. Can't get too carried away and make it too much of a farce or something. Always keep a bit of realism in there. Anyway, I love the dismemberment mechanic already.

I agree, i'd rather see the gore back into RPG's than the myriads of different Romances that use to be half assed and rushed through the Story without any reasonable Relationships in a couple of modern RPG's.

When it comes to dismemberment, i always remind myself of the Baldurs Gate times, when a critical hit below 0 HP basically ripped your Character apart and permanently removed him from the Party. I cant remember the countless times of rageing and reloading a savegame back in the day because of that. If they were ressurectable, i usually kept on playing and tryed to get them ressed at the nearest temple.
Funny thing is, i remember the AD&D rulesets had the WISH rank 9 Spell that could bring back everyone to life, no matter the condition, but i guess the Engine had a limitation on that. (And a temple highpriest would have taken a fortune for that Spell anyways)
Later Rulesets like 3rd Edition made it easier to Ressurect with the Rank 7 Spell spell *Resurrect* afaik.
Quote from the 3rd Edition Rules:

"The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death. (The remains of a creature hit by a disintegrate spell count as a small portion of its body.) The creature can have been dead no longer than 10 years per caster level."

I always liked the idea that you still have a chance to get your beloved Party Members back to life after a fight, if the ruleset has healing magic that generally allows such things.

I have more interest in seeing prestige classes implemented. Thus far they have only added one (out of the PFSRD): Winter Witch. There's a ton still available, including several core prestige classes. They seem to be avoiding them for some reason.

I couldn't care less about dismemberment, but to each his own of course.

I'm with wolfgrimdark, I love the animal companion stretch goal. Of course it has nothing to do with the divine hunter I'm playing in our pathfinder pnp group who's currently trying to get an armor for her tiger copampanion. ;)

I did now. It's really good.

More personality to animal companions is nice. During the weekend I started new playthrough (with TB mod, which I found great and can recommend it) and one of characters I created was sylvan sorcerer.

About 30 min later in game I realized I probably forgot to name my smilodon companion. So I went through character creation again just to find out its actually not possible to name your animal companion. What a shame, this begs to be implemented.

So thumbs up for animal companions progression :thumbsup:.

(At the end I went with paladin class, but who knows how it would influence my decision-making If I was allowed to have Smiley as my companion :thinking: )

Mounted combat is an addition in such a stationary combat based vid product.
Remains to be seen how it is handled.

Who cares about that? The last "social goal" on the current list is the only thing that matters. :)

We have always used critical hit charts in our tabletop sessions. Critical fumbles too. Really spices up the game and I'm glad they are adding it to Pathfinder.

Who cares about that? The last "social goal" on the current list is the only thing that matters. :)
Spotted the granny lover. ;)

Skald class? Great, another bloody bard. :p

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom