Eschalon: Book III - Beta Test Information

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Basilisk Games has a new forum post with information for gamers willing to help Beta Test Eschalon: Book III.

"WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR BETA TESTING?"

- Starting this Saturday, January 11, we will select two people to test the game.

- Every Saturday thereafter we will have a new version to test which will be comprised of fixes from the prior week as well as finalized content that will be freshly added. We will bring in two new testers every Saturday to play this latest beta, and any previous tester from prior weeks is welcome to re-test as well, but will not be obligated to do so.

- We will continue this weekly testing schedule until the week before launch. This means if you apply now for a beta tester position but we don't contact you this week, you still have a good chance at being a tester later on. Be patient and watch for an email from us!

“SO HOW DO I APPLY FOR A BETA TESTER POSITION?”

It's very simple really. All you have to do is send an email to info AT basiliskgames DOT com. The subject must say “Beta Tester Application” or your email will not even make it past the initial filter. In the email you must tell us about yourself. What games you like to play, have you ever beta tested anything before, what do you do for a living, etc. We also need to know the important things like your real name, your Drunken Lizard Pub username (if applicable), and where you live (city/state/country).

Other than the information requested above, you need to convince us that you will be a good tester for our game. Are you a real fan of the series or just someone looking to get a free copy of an unreleased game? Will you stick it out through the whole test, or get bored after a couple days and then disappear?

Formatting, spelling, grammar and punctuation is important (it's the attention to detail that we're looking for). Convince us that you are the right person for the job, and you'll likely get chosen. However, depending on how many emails we get, we cannot promise anyone a spot on the beta testing team. Don't take it personally- if you don't get contacted it's not that you aren't awesome, it just means we received more applications than we had openings for. There are approximately 10 beta tester spots available and in the past we have averaged 75-100 qualified applications for beta testing.
More information.

Only 2? Wow.
I know it's a low number hopefully he gets enough people to at least test the game all the way through. Maybe he is trying to limit it due to outside factors. I know quite a few projects who had the beta shared on illegal sites.

2 per week. We'll bring in a total of ten testers (2 x 5 weeks) until the game ships on February 14.

Bringing testers in little-by-little lets us test new builds of the game with fresh eyes on a weekly basis.

Sounds like a good plan - good luck with the testing, can't wait for February 14th!

Will there be a demo? I liked Book I, but didn't care for Book II nearly as much. Anybody know?

I hung out at the forums a lot during the Book I timeframe but haven't really spent any time there since Book II was released. I guess I should go look for myself, since I need to see if the graphics have been updated to this century anyway. I really like Thomas, so I may buy the game regardless of whether I like the game, just to support the guy.

I am the same I loved book I, but I just couldn't get into book II for some reason, maybe it was too much of the same.

I'll be posting a preview of Eschalon III tomorrow. We've been given the chance to play it thanks to developer Basilisk Games. I won't say anything about the game at this moment just that our preview is worth reading:) Stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom