Risen - Gampeplay Video

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A total of 45 minutes of Risen gameplay can be viewed at GameOne. There are 3 videos in total that appear to have been compressed a bit too much, but they do show several of the gameplay elements in Risen.
More information.

I just skimmed through videos and I love what I saw. Thumbs up Piranha!

Must... resist... Less than a month now...

the chick (who's just survived a shipwreck?) hops up faster than usain bolt from the blocks?. marvellous. :D

her head is quite too small but?. alright, trendy kids want fantasy characters, not humans. (wait, they might spend their week bashing this statement.) :-/

"pass auf!"(which is not "pass out" btw)
she follows and stays put. you fight, she stays put. she yells, but does not feel endangered, never thinks about hiding in a bush or retreating a little bit?

"das fleisch ist gut zu essen" - ofc, somebody has to tell you meat can be eaten, or cooked - a minute of monologue is needed to convince us??

the wolf would not notice you until you step on his tail. but "das war supa!!!" indeed. :D

btw, i love the piranhas and all their games, including g3 which is imo way better without that community mod or whatnot. i'm just laughing at the details that sound funny to me. (this is said to prevent any hate spree from weirdos and ranters about the place, one from michigan comes to mind.)

furthermore, i'm laughing at the players who would shit in their pants in the absence of an ultraretarded tutorial. some years ago, playing a rpg would assume you manage to figure out certain things, or you play tetris instead. now it looks like the masses really need the lolly (it's called addiction), or else they make suicide, right? and that wouldnt be nice cause lawsuits follow and so on. meh.

"wow a nice house! i'll stay here!!" without even looking inside?
ok babysitter sara, off you go, you saved so many lives. most "players" wouldnt come this far without your aid.
________
BDSM SEX

Last edited:
swampsharks hop out of solid rock (this is very g3!), but then again, you can slice a swampshark with some little aid at the beginning of the game (the chara wears no armour yet and wields that poor basic weapon from the seashore, so no reason to assume he's level 99).

as largely anticipated, gnomes are hostile, at least those in the wilderness - let's say like orcs in gothic.
combat still looks very lmb-mashing oriented. but all games are like that nowadays, sadly enough.

boars are afraid of water. interesting.

your shield will block animals, not just swords.
yet, some animals that are bigger than you always manage to aim and hit your tiny shield.

all feels very gothic. you can provoke, be provoked, engage in fights in the middle of town: some people would watch the duel, while a woman keeps wiping thre floor.
arcania: a fedex tale is bound to be worth a fart in comparison.

the guy with a lance/halberd keeps a hold on the blade (ouch!) - and quite surprisingly you have no access to upper town quarters. :)

graphics are awesome, as always.
looking forward to this.
________
Leather Cams

Last edited:
I looked at the page then turned away, i have self control, i will wait for Risen to hit the shelves then wait for the reviews, i have self control. I will evaluate the better quality in-depth reviews by hard core gamers, i will take my time, i have self control. I returned once more to that web page itching to have a peep at the vid's, i watched and was spoiled, i fell in love again as with previous PB gothic's, i need the game now, i have lost my self control.

Is there a way to view the videos? I see only the titles but can't view the link or video boxes…..

If you have 'noscript' installed in Firefox, you'll need to enable scripts for gameone.de in noscript to see the videos.

I wonder how the Xbox 360 version will compare to the PC version. Anyone in the know who has some experience with both? If Risen/PC is really much better, I might consider upgrading my PC and going for that. I wonder if the graphics will be much smoother and the combat less action/console-oriented.

I wonder how the Xbox 360 version will compare to the PC version. Anyone in the know who has some experience with both? If Risen/PC is really much better, I might consider upgrading my PC and going for that. I wonder if the graphics will be much smoother and the combat less action/console-oriented.
Hard to say. It's clear though that PB only made the PC version.

Well, while I would hate that PB tried to grow(in size or resources) only to work on a console version, it's fun to note that all of their games so far have consolish controls and could do well on a console ( I you except the memory requirements ! ;) ). Heck, even Gothic 1 was rumored to be "ported" to the first XBox back in the days.
Compare this to those who insist on releasing FPS on consoles…

Oh, inventory management might be a little harder, but it's not like you really need twitch controls in an RPG. In the end, both versions would be played on the same TV screen, anyway! :)

Back
Top Bottom