Fallout: New Vegas - Patch Released for PS3, Steam, X360 Next Week

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog announces the 1.02 patch for Fallout: New Vegas has hit the PS3 and will follow for the X360 and Steam early next week. The patch notes are supplied and look like a pretty comprehensive list, although there isn't much actual detail. Here's a snip, which is followed by some 40-ish quests that have also been fixed.
Top fixes:
  • Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
  • Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
  • Fix: DLC error/save corruption
  • Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
  • Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
  • Crafting menu now filters valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
  • Weathered pistol no longer glitches when applying mods
In addition, this patch addresses issues with the following areas:
  • Pip-Boy Interface
  • Pre-Order DLC Items
  • Reputation System
  • Radio Stations
  • Companion fixes
  • Companion Quests
  • Repair Menu
  • Caravan
  • Weapons and Weapon Mods
  • Hardcore Mode
  • Perks
  • Skills
  • Crafting Recipes
  • Crafting Menu
  • Mojave Express
  • Chems/Addiction
  • Doctors
  • Vendors
Reading the comments on the Bethblog, Matt Grandstaff says the X360 and PC "should be good to go for Monday" after "The team wanted to make some last minute checks on the update".
More information.

I guess they had to deal with all that Steam red tape in order to get the PC patch out the door. /facepalm

They said in the comments they wanted to give it another last minute look to be sure. I'd rather that.

Hmmm, that means the X-Box 360, and PS3 versions of the patch didn't get a "look over". Hope the fanboys don't hear of this.

Well the consoles both require a period of approval by Sony/Microsoft in which time they are not looked over for additional fixes so I imagine this is just done to sate console fans and avoid them complaining.

I'd wait then, JDR. Sometimes, I ruin a game by playing it right after something similar. I'm trying to be smarter about it now. I think I'm going to try Drakensang or Div2 for my next game. I'm just playing fluff games this weekend, Bejeweled Blitz, etc. Cleansing my gaming palate.

New Vegas is very different if you are a RPG gamer. If you enjoy "headsh0t LOL" then yeah, it's a big mod.

Back
Top Bottom