NWN2 - Manuals Available for Download

Cool, now I won't get too much sleep because I'll spend most of the night just browsing the manual and prolly planning my main character. Thanks for the great find, Avantenor!

Well, having munched and crunched the manual for the better part of last night, I've come to the conclusion that if I decide to play a good character at first, then I'll be a planetouched paladin or a human monk; if I choose to play the bad side (which I'm most tempted to do), I'll definitely be an evil monk or an assassin. My only problem with being evil is that most cRPGs either do not support being evil or being evil simply translates into some petty viciousness, not some grand wicked plotting scenario.

I have a feeling the Aasimir Paladin will be a little overpowered.

That's what I've been thinking too, hence I am also considering playing a monk. I've never done that before and could be a welcome change. Although that'd mean missing out on all the cool spells, arms and armour :)

Yeah, made for a pleasant read. I'll still be a Sorc; it's my favourite DnD character, especially at the higher levels.

I am probably going to be playing a Tiefling wizard(5)/arcane trickster(4)/rogue(remainder). Will be tough, but I figure should be extremely versatile.

I have a feeling the Aasimir Paladin will be a little overpowered.

That looked interesting to me, but you're likely right. I tend to like playing a Paladin or a Neutral Good Sorceror.

An Aasimar Paladin/Monk sound great, I wish my damned rig would run NWN2 but still :( Or an evil Warrior/Weapon Master ...

On a another note, is it new to DnD 3.5 that a Paladin can cast lvl 4 spells? As far as I remember my NWN pallys could only do lvl 3 ...

Paladins had up to level 4 in 2nd edition if I recall correctly. In 3rd edition (and NWN) they had a wisdom requirement added 10+spell level so you need 14 wisdom to use the 4th circle.

This is why I think the Aassimar will be so powerful, they only have to use 4 points to get the wisdom they need for the 4th circle, and then they can use only 4 points into charisma and still get a +2 bonus to all their charisma based skills and still have 22 points available for str/con/dex/int. The other races often have to spend 16 points to get to the same level.

Hmm.. rather bare and mechanics orientated. I was hoping for some world background/lore/characters information that would set the atmosphere a bit better.

Hopefully we'll be able to create characters that have good RP potential.

That is one of the 'meatiest' rpg manuals in a long long time...

Thx for the manual hookup

Nice to see a comprehensive one such as this, I've been quite disappointed by the dearth of proper manuals in games lately.

Not to mention (I'll mention it anyway) those stupid little cardboard disc sleeves!

Hmm.. rather bare and mechanics orientated. I was hoping for some world background/lore/characters information that would set the atmosphere a bit better.

Hopefully we'll be able to create characters that have good RP potential.

I am sure that their goal is to make NWN2 like NWN, only better. That is, it is more of a toolset than an actual game scenario. Thus all the crunchy bits.

Hopefully the included campaign (uh, there IS one RIGHT?) will be much better than that which came with the original NWN. I actually did not finish it at first and even abandoned NWN for a few years until some good campaigns came along.

What bothers me, is that it appeared they had cut down on the number of quickslots!! I hope not, as a caster, I NEVER have enough slots!! :)

However, I believe I read that there was an entire quick cast menu. Btw, the NWN interface was OK for a fighter type character in my opinion, but was a real pain in the rear for a spellcaster, one of the reasons I never went far with a caster anyway.

All I can say is thank goodness for turn-based combat in terms of the quick-slots. I know what you're saying, but at the same time it will force me to make smart choices. My last time through I started using my 'last choice', CTRL-F12, first and working backwards ... I found that after a few levels I wouldn't touch CTRL.

Back
Top Bottom