Cyberpunk 2077 - Release delayed

My reply from the forum thread.
Bravo they did it again. :clap:

From 2019 to early 2020, and then late 2020.

Just like Witcher III.

Anyway wont be surprised if the game is delayed again to 2021.

As long as they manage to release before 2077… it would be awkward to relable it as "contemporary fiction". ;)

It would still beat Star Citizen

I kinda expected this and was surprised when they announced a release date that early. To be honest, I prefer to play this after summer.

I guess they got some unexpected funding aka increased Witcher III's sales due to the Netflix series.

My heart goes to the developers who thought their crunch time would end soon.

I kinda expected this and was surprised when they announced a release date that early. To be honest, I prefer to play this after summer.
Early?:brood:

It's been in development for seven years. Yes it can said it wasn't in full development until Witcher III was finished but it's still seven years since it was announced.
Better a good game than an early one.
Hah I always laugh at that since it's not always true.:roll:

All I can say this will affect Ubisoft's postponing of games, they wanted to avoid CP, now they can't. :D

All I can say this will affect Ubisoft's postponing of games, they wanted to avoid CP, now they can't. :D
Not just Ubisoft as a couple of other big budget games were delayed also.

Which optimists were those?

giphy.gif

I guess they got some unexpected funding aka increased Witcher III's sales due to the Netflix series.

My heart goes to the developers who thought their crunch time would end soon.

You really think than a project of few hundreds people can be put back to development mode because they earned few cents 2 weeks ago?

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-probably-wont-be-out-until-after-2021/
CD Projekt confirmed that the second "triple-A" game it's working on is Cyberpunk multiplayer.

CD Projekt Red announced earlier today that its anticipated RPG Cyberpunk 2077 will not make its planned April release, but will instead be out in September. In a followup Q&A session with investors, the studio said that the planned multiplayer component of the game will also be delayed, and probably won't be out until sometime after 2021.
giphy.gif

While I will play the game and it should be fun my interest waned with the first person only stuff. For me its just a game I will play when its out so delays aren't a big deal.

Looking forward to Wrath of the Righteous with far more anticipation right now.

Like others, I prefer a good game than a rushed one to that then lacks direly in quality for the last third of the game or so, a very common plague these days sadly.

Of course, the delay does not guarantee this, but one can hope. Either way, I'll play it if it's good according my own tastes, but I'm not holding my breath.

I suspect that we really don't know what's behind the decision, if it's not what they say. Speculations are just speculations.

A pibbur who can be just as boring as pibbur who. And who in the foreseeable future will be wasting his time playing mmos (lotro).

No point in rushing it. They're not owned by a big publisher who wants padding for a specific quarterly report. The important thing is to make it as good as possible (within reason, of course, or they could keep going until 2077).

I just hope it doesn't crash with other releases now. I don't think it will, but you never know (the likes of WoW: Shadowlands and BG3 still don't have a release date).

Not a big deal, I'll wait for the polished "definitive version" anyway, probably due out in 2021 Q4.

Wasteland 2, Divinity:OS 1/2, Witcher 1-2-3, Bard's Tale 4, etc…
With these recent high-profile RPGS, it's always the same deal:
1. First edition comes out: good, but crippled. (Spoiler alert: this is what we call "Beta version")
2. Mandatory "Definite Edition", "GOTY", "Director's Cut" etc version comes out. This is the finished game worth buying: it's not good. It's GREAT.

The moral: my life is too short to buy and play a 100+ hour game TWICE.

Back
Top Bottom