The Memory of Eldurim - Early Access Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Liminal Games has a new website and blog for The Memory of Eldurim. Along with this update we get news on the Early Access release.

Wrapping things up for release

Our game is getting very close to our Early Access release. We are putting a few final touches on to make sure everything is ready for when we go live.

Even if you’ve played the latest version of the demo you’ll still be in for a treat. We’ve added in a lot of new features to the game and many, many changes to the map.
And the latest update has the release date.

We are excited to announce the release date for The Memory of Eldurîm on steam early access will be this Friday. We hope you enjoy.
I also have a new video and some game details.

Terms like "Action RPG" and "Open world" get thrown around a lot these days, so let's be a bit more specific. The Memory of Eldurim is a 3rd/1st person game where you control a character that lives in an unique fantasy world.

The combat is fast paced. You'll have to time your attacks, blocks, and dodges for maximum effectiveness. From the first second you get in the game you are able to go to any part of the game, granted you are strong enough to take on the enemies that reside there.

There will be large cites and small towns, enchanting forests and icy mountain tops, there will be deserts, swamps, jungles, and any of the other biomes we can create.

The game will reward you for your attention to which weapons and spells are strong and effective against which armor and composition types. Certain enemies will be easy with the right load-out but nearly impossible when approached unwisely.
More information.

This actually looks really good for Early Access. I hope they see a lot of interest in their game come release.

Well, very glad to see this is still alive and kicking! I backed their KS, might consider giving their Early Access version a spin. :)

Is there any information on NPC interaction? So far I haven't seen a single NPC in videos or screenshots.

Is there any information on NPC interaction? So far I haven't seen a single NPC in videos or screenshots.
Just one short video from the Pre-Alpha but it doesn't show much. This was also one of the main questions from the failed kickstarter. Hopefully we get more information as the game develops on Early Access.

Looks nice- I very much the ability to switch to 1st person. Any word on respawing, eh Joxer?

Still reminds me a lot of the Gothic series but now with the First Person view it adds a bit of a Elder Scrolls feel too. I backed this on KS and was sad when it didn't get funded. I'm glad the team is continuing to work on the game though and I'm hoping they get some help from Early Access.

They did say this Friday? Not seeing anything mentioned over at steam yet

They did say this Friday? Not seeing anything mentioned over at steam yet
Sorry they have no update available on the webpage, blog, or forum. I'll take a guess and say it got delayed, or pushed back.

Hey, dev for the game here, and we are on steam now! We were a bit delayed due to things out of our control, but we are up and running now. We also have a mini boss and a not-so-mini boss in the game now. We don't have much by way of NPC interaction yet, as we have been severely limited by lack of funds (we are poor), but we are going to put the steam funds towards a new animator and we will be revamping all the character models and animations. At that point, we will start working the storyline elements we have planned into the game and start working on NPC interactions.

Back
Top Bottom