Mars - New Trailer and Release Date

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Focus Home publisher of Mars War Logs released a new trailer, and let buyers know the Game is being released in May.

Discover, with a special video, all there is to know about Mars War Logs, the sci-fi role-playing game developed by Spiders Studio.

Narrated by Jehanne Rousseau, CEO of Spiders Studio, this 2m40s video shows new gameplay sequences and tells us more about the game and its origins. We learn how Mars War Logs was born and how its talented and passionate developers gave a truly unique soul to this project they hold very dear.

After giving us a few details about the setting of this game that presents the Red Planet as we have never seen it before, we learn why Mars War Logs is a fully-fledged RPG, in which player choices leave their mark on the story and its unfolding. Spiders Studio really wanted to offer total freedom to the players who will have to face the consequences of their decisions through dialogues, through choosing their skills, with their behaviour toward their companions, or even through the equipment and upgrades they decide to craft. Players will be forced to take responsibility for their actions: for example, slaying human opponents after a battle will be an advantagous source of income... but will also make many characters wary of you!

Get ready for your trip to Mars, in May on PC, and very soon on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation®Network.
More information.

This sounds interesting, but not sure how extensive the character building/skill systems will be be? They certainly mentioned all the right buzz words. Any ideas as to what other action RPGs this most closely resembles? I want to avoid anything with (endless) waves of enemies and respawns a la Diablo/Bordelands etc.

I'm a little surprised about the release date. I wonder which download sites are going to offer this game. I haven't seen any advertising for pre-orders, etc.

This sounds interesting, but not sure how extensive the character building/skill systems will be be? They certainly mentioned all the right buzz words. Any ideas as to what other action RPGs this most closely resembles? I want to avoid anything with (endless) waves of enemies and respawns a la Diablo/Bordelands etc.

From the videos combat looks like that of the Witcher 2 or Divinity 2 with rolling and dodging with melee and ranged. I doubt that there will be respawns as it is not an open world game.

I'm a little surprised about the release date. I wonder which download sites are going to offer this game. I haven't seen any advertising for pre-orders, etc.

I was looking for that as well as release is next month. There is nothing on their web site and the only thing that I found was a game page on Amazon uk - distributed by Koch media (with no price or release date yet):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mars-War-Lo...&qid=1366233994&sr=8-1&keywords=mars+war+logs

I suspect that there will not be any retail release in NA, and that we will soon see a pre-order on Steam.

I don't think there will be a retail release anywhere. It's going to be download-only for PS3 and Xbox, so I doubt that there will be a boxed version for PC.

Wow, the lady's accent is ... complex :p

Nice video and the game looks promising. I'm just surprised at the lack of media exposure it's getting.

I've read that the expected play time for this game is about "15 hours". That's a significant negative for me: I like my CRPGs long and extensive.

I've read that the expected play time for this game is about "15 hours". That's a significant negative for me: I like my CRPGs long and extensive.

Depends on the price. I have a feeling this is going to be a budget-priced game, maybe in the $20-$30 range. If they try to charge full price and it's only 15 hours long, then yeah…

Well that is intentional. The game will be the first part of the story. If it sells well there will be more. Just read my previous newsbit in an interview the topic is mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom