Morrowind - Overhaul Project Released

Ok, guess making that step automated is alot of work?
anyhow iam glad you made a good effort and because of this effort iam gonna replay one of the greatest RPG ever.

It's not a lot of work, it's impossible. :)
Everyone has his tastes!

Need more seeders on that torrent! Thanks for doing this folks. The install looks pretty strait forward despite the number of steps.

Need more seeders on that torrent! Thanks for doing this folks. The install looks pretty strait forward despite the number of steps.

Yeah the torrent is pretty new.
Fileplanet is a good host by the way :D

This is pretty awesome! Thank you for the great work. However, I ran into a snag with installation of the code patch (yeah I know the very first step... :p ). I have the GOTY version from impulse, so it has the 1.6.1820 patch, however, when I tried to use the code patch, this is all I get :(

Analyzing Morrowind.exe...
Backing up Morrowind.exe to Morrowind.Original.exe
There is no compatible patch for your version of Morrowind.exe. Make sure your Morrowind is patched with the last Bloodmoon patch (v.1.6.0.1820). If you should have a compatible version, please check you have not installed other patches such as Exe Optimizer, fpu2sse or no-CD patches. Check the readme for more details.
Patch failed to apply.

Please help.

Also, I have not touched Morrowind in ages, has there been any mods available to enhance the physics of the game or the animation of the game? One thing that always bothered me about TES-related games is their "slip and slide" looking 3rd person animations, so hopefully there are some improvements made by the awesome modders for morrowind.

Been reading the other thread and it seems that FPS may be an issue for some. I wonder what PC hardware will run Morrowind Overhaul with decent FPS.

spiraling69, give us an idea what kind of RPG style you like and we can give you a good answer.

well, Ive played Oblivion and I am very much looking forward to Skyrim. I just don't know how Morrowind fits in. Is it a good game? What is the story behind it?

This is pretty awesome! Thank you for the great work. However, I ran into a snag with installation of the code patch (yeah I know the very first step… :p ). I have the GOTY version from impulse, so it has the 1.6.1820 patch, however, when I tried to use the code patch, this is all I get :(

Analyzing Morrowind.exe…
Backing up Morrowind.exe to Morrowind.Original.exe
There is no compatible patch for your version of Morrowind.exe. Make sure your Morrowind is patched with the last Bloodmoon patch (v.1.6.0.1820). If you should have a compatible version, please check you have not installed other patches such as Exe Optimizer, fpu2sse or no-CD patches. Check the readme for more details.
Patch failed to apply.

Please help.

Also, I have not touched Morrowind in ages, has there been any mods available to enhance the physics of the game or the animation of the game? One thing that always bothered me about TES-related games is their "slip and slide" looking 3rd person animations, so hopefully there are some improvements made by the awesome modders for morrowind.
Hmmm, maybe impulse has a modified executable?
Can you send me a copy of it?
Thanks.

Anyway some animations are included, but nothing for the physics.

As far as I know, impulse should not have done any modification to the .exe. But then again, I just noticed that the game uses their "GOO DRM" which allows the re-sale of the game to another person, so it may have done some modifications to the .exe file.

I will PM you the exe, in a moment as well, thanks for the help!

Finally, do you plan on using the MGE-XE? Or are you already using it? I really couldn't tell, since the videos looked excellent either way, and I have not been following morrowind modding since a looong time ago... :p

Well I was looking forward to this but its going to have to wait a week or two I think since I just got engaged with a replay of ToEE and forgot so much that its like a new game. I might try to install it since we seem to be getting some support from the developer.

I had zero wait time with fileplanet and getting 1.5 MB/s which is the max I can get with comcast cable so that way is decent if you can use it.

Finally, do you plan on using the MGE-XE? Or are you already using it? I really couldn't tell, since the videos looked excellent either way, and I have not been following morrowind modding since a looong time ago… :p
Thanks for the exe.
I will include MGE XE when it'll reach a more stable/complete release :)

It took me about 3 hours to complete this install. It is LOOOOONG. The MGEGui part of the process needs some streamlining IMO. Graphics look pretty good, my FPS is horrible and there are graphical inconsistencies (blurring etc). I don't know. I'll keep it installed for a while and monitor updates.

It took me about 3 hours to complete this install. It is LOOOOONG. The MGEGui part of the process needs some streamlining IMO. Graphics look pretty good, my FPS is horrible and there are graphical inconsistencies (blurring etc). I don't know. I'll keep it installed for a while and monitor updates.

3 hours? Wow, that's strange.
Anyway, if for blurring you are talking about the depth of field, well you can disable it, like I said in the guide, by deleting it from the shader list in MGE.
Yes, it's heavy, but it depends by your graphics card, if well tweaked it can run on any modern systems I think.
Anyway the MGE part is the most important.

Looks like I'm at about 1 1/2 hours installing and giving up for now since I've spent more than my allotted time and time to prep for Superbowl. First issue was I had a nocd Morrowind.exe and had to locate the original which I had but archived away (my fault).

The current problem is MGEgui.exe crashes and Morrowind.exe will not launch without it doing something. I downgraded to 3.8.0.b3 which is last stable build on sourceforge which doesn't crash on launch but doesn't configure things so that it will run (Tried as admin). If I feel enterprising next week then I will download the source and recompile if not too much effort to debug why its getting a null pointer exception running on Win7 x64.

Looks lovely, but I notice a lot of conceptual changes I don't like. The plains for instance look a LOT different and the whole thing looks less alien, more like Oblivion. Maybe that is just because it's a 7 minute video of a 100 hour game though, who knows.

I am tempted to try it but I usually prefer to stick with the original assets and design of the creators, and I think that will be the case here.

Looks lovely, but I notice a lot of conceptual changes I don't like. The plains for instance look a LOT different and the whole thing looks less alien, more like Oblivion. Maybe that is just because it's a 7 minute video of a 100 hour game though, who knows.

I am tempted to try it but I usually prefer to stick with the original assets and design of the creators, and I think that will be the case here.
You can disable new trees and grass with the included customization program, it will look just like Morrowind is :)
You can also disable other changes to fit your tastes ;)

Thank you very much for this. I've been re-playing the game since early this afternoon and it looks incredibly awesome. Even better than the ill-fated Morrowind 2011, I might say. It runs a lot more stable as well, though I had some trouble installing Timeslip's Exe Optimizer. Had to grab a pre-made one from his site.

Thank you very much for this. I've been re-playing the game since early this afternoon and it looks incredibly awesome. Even better than the ill-fated Morrowind 2011, I might say. It runs a lot more stable as well, though I had some trouble installing Timeslip's Exe Optimizer. Had to grab a pre-made one from his site.

I'm glad that you are enjoing it! :D

I'll take some time and tweak things with MGE. The extra hour was dealing with all the missed requirements like .NET, getting MGE to run (removing DLL's and tweaking the resolution was my fix). Then I was trying to follow the MGE instructions. Lots of settings as you know and my distant land settings are bit messed up.

If it were me, I'd release canned MGE configs (low, medium, high and ultra) because that is the most complex part. Just an opinion...

This is a wonderful mod, the improved visuals take this game beyond its bastard child Oblivion in almost every way. The best part about all this, you control how much you want the game modified. I've, of course, fallen into making every possible character before moving out of SN, so I'll likely never finish either expansion...still.

Thanks for the big effort on this one.

Back
Top Bottom