Two Worlds II - Antaloor Post #9

improved underground labyrinths

Very nice.. Looking forward to 2W2. Haven't played DA:O much at all, unless I get the urge for many hours of rehashed bioware cliche dialog.

Yeah, bashing Bioware's dialog in a thread about Two Worlds seems a bit … ironic.

TW2 is announced for spring 2010, I believe. Let's hope the game improves significantly on the first, fixing most of its problems (I'm speaking of the console version, I don't know if the PC version fared better). I enjoyed the first, but that was just because my expectations had been lowered by all the hatred slung at the game, so I expected an absolute piece of garbage. Instead, I got a flawed but enjoyable game.

The new trailer doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Still, I'm holding out hope that the developers listened to the feedback and TW2 will be a significant improvement.

Not quite sure what the DA:O reference is for but I'll take their rehashed cliches over just plain can't-actually-write.

It is the hate bioware train!

Very nice.. Looking forward to 2W2. Haven't played DA:O much at all, unless I get the urge for many hours of rehashed bioware cliche dialog.

Same here.. this will be a ton of fun compared to DAO which i stopped playing after 5 hours, i can't stand RPG's that feels so limited and static. My most expensive and worst game purchase of the year.

This game keeps sounding better. I didn't play the first one but this one looks promising. I like the fake old style newspaper reports they are doing.

As for DAO, I'm playing it now, yea, its overhyped. Good game but not all that its being called.

Yeah, bashing Bioware's dialog in a thread about Two Worlds seems a bit … ironic.

TW2 is announced for spring 2010, I believe. Let's hope the game improves significantly on the first, fixing most of its problems (I'm speaking of the console version, I don't know if the PC version fared better). I enjoyed the first, but that was just because my expectations had been lowered by all the hatred slung at the game, so I expected an absolute piece of garbage. Instead, I got a flawed but enjoyable game.

The new trailer doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Still, I'm holding out hope that the developers listened to the feedback and TW2 will be a significant improvement.

Well.
The 360's not a port.
So its a good sign!

Well.
The 360's not a port.
So its a good sign!

True. They say it's "built from the ground up for the 360." Seems like I've heard that phrase before, though. I can't help but be skeptical, after the first game. I'll definitely have to watch the reviews.

Not till Spring 2010? For some reason I thought we were getting it this Winter…..

It might be coming to the PC this Winter. I'm not sure. I was referring to the 360 version. I saw this posted at another forum:

Las Vegas, November 25th, 2009 - Two Worlds II is officially announced for release on the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®. The much anticipated sequel to the million selling game Two Worlds will be published in the spring of 2010 by South Peak games in North America, South America, the United Kingdom and the Oceana regions and in Europe by Topware Interactive.

Two Worlds II returns players to the realms of Antaloor, the high fantasy world of mysticism and awe from the first title, released in 2007. Two Worlds II has been built from the ground up for Xbox 360 with a brand new engine and gameplay mechanics aimed at delivering both hardcore and casual gamers a refreshingly robust role-playing experience.

Boasting a diverse, living world and a limitless open narrative, Two Worlds II could very well be the next sleeper hit of the genre. Antaloor is a mythic world of pristine savannahs and mordant swamps, celestial cities teeming with life that will rise or fall entirely depending of the player's actions, as the reign of the implacable despot Gandohar threatens to throw the world into a state of irreversible decay.

Didn't I kill Gandohar?

Back
Top Bottom