Finally figured some of it out.

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
It might have taken many years of marriage but figure out something today.

I broke down and bought a new gaming system this afternoon while watching the nfl early games. At the same time ordered my wife a new system. ..she was very excited not mad, as I didn't really let her know I was buying one.

You have done well, young warrior. The Great Wife Spirit is pleased.

Now I didn't show her the bill...wait and see in the morning when the money comes out of the account.

It's like an episode of Seinfeld, if those characters were married.

I wouldn't appreciate it when I'd find out. Childish way to act. Be a man and face the music. For if you can not trust one another, the base is gone, I think.

The Great Wife Spirit may yet blight the harvest.

I wouldn't appreciate it when I'd find out. Childish way to act. Be a man and face the music. For if you can not trust one another, the base is gone, I think.

That was my basic thought - all depends on how you deal with money as a couple. For us, that wouldn't fly ... just not something we would do.

It's like an episode of Seinfeld, if those characters were married.

Last night my wife and I had an argument about socks. It was late, and I had already fallen asleep when she woke me up to get her a specific pair of socks that she wanted to wear. I couldn't believe it. Also, we hardly ever argue so it was really weird.

It struck me as quite Seinfeldian.

Last night my wife and I had an argument about socks. It was late, and I had already fallen asleep when she woke me up to get her a specific pair of socks that she wanted to wear. I couldn't believe it. Also, we hardly ever argue so it was really weird.

It struck me as quite Seinfeldian.

She couldn't buy those socks herself? :S

Also this thread is a bit confusing to me, maybe it is a Swedish thing but even for married couples usually there is a budget split in three, one shared budget for buying things that affect the family, and one for each private person.

So, if one person would want to buy a new computer for themselves for example, they could use their own private budget for that. But if the family needs a new oven it'd go on the shared budget.

I guess this would not work in situations where one person is a housewife, houseman, or one person has a much much bigger income than the other, but those are uncommon scenarios in Sweden. There is also a workaround to that, the person with a much bigger income, also put a much larger sum into the shared budget.

Last edited:
…….

So, is anyone gonna ask about this new rig? :p

specs? Run any benchmarks?

Nothing to serious:

Hers:

210-AFTQ
Alienware 13 R2

490-BCNQ
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2GB GDDR5

338-BIDW
Intel® Core™ i5-6200U (Dual-Core, 3MB Cache, up to 2.8GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

619-AHCQ
Windows 10 Home 64bit English

658-BCSC
Microsoft Office 30 Day Trial

801-2391
801-2438
1 Year Hardware Service with Onsite/In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis

370-AABY
4GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz; up to 16GB (additional memory sold separately)

817-BBBP
No Anti-virus Requested

400-AATU
500GB 5400RPM Hybrid (8GB Cache) SSD SATA 6Gb/s

555-BCRM
Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

817-BBBB
No FGA

391-BCJY
13 inch HD (1366 x 768) TN-Panel Anti-Glare 200-nits Display

Mine:

210-AFFV
Alienware 17 R3

490-BCLG
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5

338-BHVM
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

619-AHCY
Windows 10 Home 64bit English

658-BCSC
Microsoft Office 30 Day Trial

801-2185
801-2232
1 Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis

817-BBBP
No Anti-virus Requested

391-BCMX
17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS-Panel Anti-Glare 300-nits Display

370-ACLS
8GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz; up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)

400-AHHF
1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s

555-BCRM
Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

Also this thread is a bit confusing to me, maybe it is a Swedish thing but even for married couples usually there is a budget split in three, one shared budget for buying things that affect the family, and one for each private person.

So, if one person would want to buy a new computer for themselves for example, they could use their own private budget for that. But if the family needs a new oven it'd go on the shared budget.

I guess this would not work in situations where one person is a housewife, houseman, or one person has a much much bigger income than the other, but those are uncommon scenarios in Sweden. There is also a workaround to that, the person with a much bigger income, also put a much larger sum into the shared budget.

She wasn't asking me to buy them. She already owns them. She just wanted me to physically get up and grab them for her.

It does seem to be a modern thing that spouses are having separate accounts/budgets but my wife and I share one.

She wasn't asking me to buy them. She already owns them. She just wanted me to physically get up and grab them for her.

It does seem to be a modern thing that spouses are having separate accounts/budgets but my wife and I share one.

Ooo, I see I was reading it in the context of this thread... :blush:

Say what? That's common? I'm Swedish and my wife and I do have seperate accounts, but mostly just because we kept our old ones. We don't have seperate budgets. I tend to pay all the bills so she's usually sitting at more spending money, but if I need money I just ask her for it...

"Get your ass out of bed and buy me some socks!" :biggrin:

Say what? That's common? I'm Swedish and my wife and I do have seperate accounts, but mostly just because we kept our old ones. We don't have seperate budgets. I tend to pay all the bills so she's usually sitting at more spending money, but if I need money I just ask her for it…

I know it is becoming more common - and in fact is recommended by financial advisors to young couples to have three 'buckets'. But my wife and I have been together for nearly 30 years now (married close to 25), and we have just the one 'bucket' ...

Back
Top Bottom