Phoenix Point - Teaser Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Mercy spotted this teaser trailer for the strategy game Phoenix Point:

Phoenix Point Teaser Trailer

Phoenix Point is the new strategy game from the creator of the original X-COM series.
PS:

If you like X-COM you should take a look at this Deep Rising audio-music-comic at StrategyCore.

More information.

I totally forgot about this one. Does it have a tentative release period yet?

I totally forgot about this one. Does it have a tentative release period yet?

I think when it was first talked about Gollop said 2018. But at the time he was still looking for funding so the real release date will depend on how much he got.

This is great news. Even though the teaser shows nothing, it just means the project is not dead as I was starting to fear.

As side news, it has been confirmed that the composer of the original XCOM games, John Broomhall, will compose for Phoenix Point. This guy created one of the best sound atmosphears in a game with so few resources (that geoscape music is eternal), so I'm really happy about this.

Hopefully he can get enough funds to make a game with enough production values to appeal to a wide audience. I really enjoyed the new XCOM from Firaxis, but the AI behavior (especially in terms of pod activation) limits completely your playstaly and what you can do in terms of tactics. I'm sure Jullian will do something way more interesting and deep, and hopely he can set a new standard.

This man deserves the chance to beat his own game as the best tactic turn based game ever.

Looking forward to Phoenix Point immensely. Also I'm loving what Julian Gollop has to say about Mass Effect: Andromeda.

"Beautiful utopian horseshit"
"Fourteen months and you stoop to poetry. That's how bad it is."
"Nobody's a pathfinder until they've pathfound something"
"My face is tired"

Hope this will be a Massive Success! :D

From their Newsletter:

On the game development side we now have:
1. a working tactical battle system with a devious AI and mutating aliens.
2. Next we are working on geoscape design and large scale monsters in tactical battles.

Back
Top Bottom