GameBanshee - GotY 2012

Give me the money to buy the game and the subscription, give me a month off work to play it instead of other RPGs, finish all my other outstanding projects for me, and I'll get right on that for you.

Sorry we didn't pick your favorite game. :'(

It's - by far - not my favorite game. It just has the best writing I've seen in quite a while, and that includes non-MMOs. That's not just my opinion, though I realise it's easier to believe that.

But if you're saying you guys don't have the means or the time to include the most relevant games when trying to evaluate games of the year - then I guess I know what I need to know about the useful nature of your articles.

Sorry I didn't agree with you :)

I think R2 was miles ahead of simplistic combat-puzzlers like Grimrock or mainstream endless filler combat games like Mass Effect 3. Grimrock gets praise because it's a pretty indie game, and that's it. If it had been a hyped AAA game - it would have been bashed for being simplistic and shallow. GotY? What a joke.

100% agree with you on this one :)

Kingdoms of Amalur suffered from way too much grinding in between the mostly well told stories and pretty locations. I didn't play Risen 2 but I really need to get it one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom