Can't connect to other computer on my home network

D

Deleted User

Hello. Here is the problem I'm having, maybe you guys can help.

I am trying to transfer files from Laptop A to Laptop B. For some reason, when I try to connect to Laptop A, the connection times out and I get a message that says: "Windows cannot access Laptop A"

When I click "Diagnose the problem", it says "Cannot communicate with Laptop A. We pinged the remote host but did not receive a response".

Laptop A shows that it is connected to my home network and the internet.

Any idea of what to do here?

Did you set up a windows work group? If not a quick google search will show you how. Then make sure you are sharing the Folder with the files you want to transfer.

They're both on the same workgroup.

I can access files from Laptop B on Laptop A, but not the other way around.

Any other ideas?

Make sure that you computer is discoverable on the network and that you've shared the drives or folders you want to copy from.

It's discoverable, and I've shared all the folders and given permission for everyone to access them. I've pretty much done everything present in your standard "how to share files amongst computers" instructions document, yet I still am having problems.

I disabled Windows Firewall and Stopzilla on both computers. Still can't access the laptop.

For anyone interested, someone on techsupportforum.com solved it. I had to uninstall McAfee. I wasn't using it but it was still blocking incoming signals. Once I uninstalled it I can transfer data freely now. Yeehaw!

Yeah, that bastard. I uninstalled his ass and all is good now :)

Back
Top Bottom