The TV Series discussion thread

I believe it is more than just rumours, sadly. Perhaps Netflix might pick it up, I doubt any other major channel would. I'll say once again that the books are well worth reading.

One of my favorite but little known shows was also cancelled, Kevin (probably) saves the world. Guess the long name didn't really help.

I believe it is more than just rumours, sadly. Perhaps Netflix might pick it up, I doubt any other major channel would. I'll say once again that the books are well worth reading.

I'll keep that in mind. The books would definitely intrest me since I thought the series was the next best thing after Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and Firefly... I do keep hoping that the series could be saved by Netflix, but the odds for that aren't great.

Those science fiction series which are set in space seem to be almost always shot lived. It is a small miracle that a series such as Expanse even had 3 seasons. Same thing can be said about Dark Matter which was cancelled as well a while back. Dark Matter wasn't the same quality as Expanse, but I thought it was a fun series of it's own right.

Most scifi series on tv are just so mundane...

I'll say this about the books.....the comparison to the Battlestar series is accurate, up to the point where BSG just got silly in the final two series. The Expanse doesn't make that error, it stays rock-solid wonderful.

Currently watching The Terror. Dang, that's good stuff … at least I like it (and hubby does, too ;) ).
I like the pacing, story telling, characters … the actors … the atmosphere … okay, I'm not too much into the gore stuff, but as it's occasional I can stomach it.

:x :[ o_o :help: :whip: :wow: :gorath:

Too bad that there are only ten episodes (and I have already seen seven of them), but the TV series is just based on a single Dan Simmons novel. Not on the lifetime output of Martin and Asimov combined.
Sigh.

The Terror show gets a bit silly at times, but for the most part I've found it adheres to the book rather well. I believe I've watched eight episodes of it, so far, haven't watched the one from last night yet.

Thought I'd try a couple of new (for me, at least) Netflix series - Peaky Blinders & Babylon Berlin - but by the 5th episodes of their respective first seasons, I realized they were empty, contrived, stylized crap.

I finished The Terror a few weeks ago. Lacks the punch of the Simmons book but is an okay adaptation but with some shaky spots. I was satisfied with the series finale and how it resolved itself.

I finished watching the Terror today, it was ok. I found it not nearly as compelling as the novel, but then again, what television/movie actually pulls that off well? I could have done without the whole monster nonsense, but at least they didn't waste a whole lot of time with that thread. The guy playing Crozier, the bloke from Fringe/Mad Men could seriously be nominated for an award, I found his acting in this tale simply outstanding.

Part way into Fear the Walking Dead S3 and mad as hell! The original show is a test of my endurance because while I like the show in general, I hate Rick Grimes. I cannot fathom why people follow him. I was hoping for a more sympathetic lead in the Fear show... Madison Clark is the shittiest cunt I have ever seen. I don't think I've ever hated a tv character more. Please tell me she dies horribly before the season is over!

Part way into Fear the Walking Dead S3 and mad as hell! The original show is a test of my endurance because while I like the show in general, I hate Rick Grimes. I cannot fathom why people follow him. I was hoping for a more sympathetic lead in the Fear show… Madison Clark is the shittiest cunt I have ever seen. I don't think I've ever hated a tv character more. Please tell me she dies horribly before the season is over!

FtWD has been interesting. While it's nowhere near as good as TWD was in seasons 1-5, I think it's better than what we've seen from TWD the last few seasons.

I know what you mean about Madison though. It's as if the producers wanted her to be the female version of Rick Grimes. At least she doesn't give a speech and cry in every episode. :)

I've loved her since Deadwood but yeah, in Fear the Walking Dead, she's more a villain than anything else. I keep thinking she's going to die in a blaze of glory, but as yet that hasn't happened.

Fortunately, to balance the mediocre shows, we have truly awesome ones such as the Americans, or Jessica Jones. You just have to find the good ones amongst all the chaff.

I've only watched the first two episodes of this series of Westworld so far, and it is certainly good. I'm admittedly a huge fan of the movie, but the television show is carving a whole new, delicious story of its own.

Good, I thought that might happen. It's a pretty strong show, and the cancellation seemed mainly about a failure to strike a deal.

Six Flying Dragons is supposed to be historical martial arts masterpiece series and I couldn't wait to start watching it.

What I got is an utter disappointment.
It's not cheap, but it's… Transformers movies blueprint. Eyecandy with boring stories, horrible writing, pisspoor characters, wasted potential on actors that proved themselves in other works and misuse of watcher's time - it drags through 50 episodes for no reason other than waste your precious time.

I just can't believe it's popularity in country of origin, high imdb and mydramalist scores. Did those people ever watch anything else?
What's even worse, if you search for top lists of k-drama, this one is always listed among them. My bet is those top lists sites based it's entry on some stupid trailer. Idiots.

Skip it unless your life depends on watching this turd. It's not the worst history based martial arts series that exists, but it's the most overrated one.
If you don't believe me and still want to try it via link I provided above (legal worldwide with ads except in some countries), don't forget to turn off "learning mode" in subtitles options.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any site out there that doesn't shill for whatnot? Even rotten tomatoes sometimes fails in debunking garbage that's popular. Or we live in era where level of stupidity phonegames provide is considered desirable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom