Legend of Grimrock 2 - First Screenshot

Hmm, are my eyes deceiving me or this screen is slightly rotated as if the game is not strictly cell based? Might & Magic 6-8 influences?

They could have been using free-look when they took the screenshot. I would be surprised if it didn't use the same type of movement as the first game.

JDR13 said:
They could have been using free-look when they took the screenshot. I would be surprised if it didn't use the same type of movement as the first game.
Yes, the devs have said in their blog, that Grimrock 2 uses the same grid-based movement as Grimrock 1. That screenshot must've been taken with free look to make it more dynamic (or something).
Vindicator said:
And what was that last one again?
Ultima X… om, no… UO2… beh, that's not it… U7p3… ahm, I wish…
It's all of those and more!… Shroud of the Avatar… meh.
Heh, I see what you did there. :thumbsup:

And what was that last one again?
Ultima X… om, no… UO2… beh, that's not it… U7p3… ahm, I wish…
It's all of those and more!… Shroud of the Avatar… meh.

So to summ it up, you're not quite sold on RG's latest?

I'm not ready to ra, ra, ra myself.

So to summ it up, you're not quite sold on RG's latest?
I'm not ready to ra, ra, ra myself.

Yeah, I have serious doubts about the game… but I'm still in for $150.
Even if the game is crap, the very limited run collector's edition (only about 1500 units so far) with the old-school box, printed manual & rune guide, cloth map, coin, and trinket are sure to be true collector's items. I used to sell classic Ultima games, so I know what I'm talking about.

Sigh.

I tried the original Grimrock 1, since it was on Steam for 6,99 now. But... I could not. I simply could not play that anymore. Not because of the graphics. But the riddles! The (THRICE DAMNED) timed movement over the plates, the SCARCE ressource and in mid level the DAMN diffiuclt mobs.

No.

Just no. I played that in Wizardry and whatnot 20 years ago, but I simply lack the patience now. :( I just lack the patience.

If they go for more open outdoor game and maintain same quality of puzzles but add complexity we could get more than decent "Myst like adventure"/RPG hybrid.But I am not sure many people want that.

I would personally vote for sticking dimly lit dungeons. That was quite unique setting for nowadays games. Along with the unique gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom