RPGWatch - GotY 2015 Awards - Most Promising RPG

Here they are.
For the record I did vote for DOS2, but I somehow doubt it will be released this year.

2016 will be the year of the telling sequel by the looks of things! Lots of pressured sequels, that is.

Just in case somebody is disappointed enough to have to know the percentages:
Torment: Tides of Numenera - 24,6%
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 12,7%
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - 8,7%
Mass Effect: Andromeda - 8,6%
Dark Souls 3 - 5,0%
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - 4,1%
XCOM 2 - 3,4%
Grim Dawn - 3,3%
Enderal - The Shards of Order - 2,1%

While the result is not exactly what I've voted for, Dark Souls 3 not being top 3 totally redeems the list and confirms that the audience's taste shifted to less grind, more roleplay.

Even more on the matter, Torment2 does not have (to my knowledge) season pass scamware and while I didn't put it as #1 eager to play, it got there probably partially because of being a normal game, not massacred product.
In fact I think none of top 3 have season pass. Sure, we'll see so called deluxe editions for some games, but it's all day1 stuff not pay and play just a part then die before they finish it.

To the community from me:
Thanks. Well done!

Looking at the stats, there is going to be a lot of sad Watchers if Tides of Numenera get delayed to next year.

A bit surprised to see Deus Ex made it to top three, it's probably the most un-anticipated game for me in the whole list. Other than that, I like what I see, just a bit worried about Torment's being a massive wall of text instead of a game, but hopefully it won't be that bad.

Looking at the stats, there is going to be a lot of sad Watchers if Tides of Numenera get delayed to next year.
I think that both T:ToN and D:OS2 will be delayed to 2017. Swen pretty much confirmed this for D:OS2 back in August (if you can believe the source):
The team is currently aiming to release the sequel in late 2016, but Vincke notes with a laugh that the studio has "never hit a deadline in our life."

Oh good, the percentages. I can stop holding my breath and stomping my feet. ;)

The list just confirms my feelings that I continue to slip out of the Rpgwatch demographic.

Anyway, toss tides, ME and grim dawn in the trash then,

DS3
Dues ex
DDOS2
Xcom2
Deliverance
Enderal

An unpopular list here I'm sure but that's my list.

Oh good, the percentages. I can stop holding my breath and stomping my feet. ;)

The list just confirms my feelings that I continue to slip out of the Rpgwatch demographic.

Anyway, toss tides, ME and grim dawn in the trash then,

DS3
Dues ex
DDOS2
Xcom2
Deliverance
Enderal

An unpopular list here I'm sure but that's my list.

Ehh, what, it matches pretty well with the RPGWatch list... it looks to me like you are very much in the demographics ? :S

Ehh, what, it matches pretty well with the RPGWatch list… it looks to me like you are very much in the demographics ? :S

Well thx, GG.

Maybe it's just me then. I feel like too often when I post anymore someone has to tell me how wrong I I'm for liking what I like.

Well thx, GG.

Maybe it's just me then. I feel like too often when I post anymore someone has to tell me how wrong I I'm for liking what I like.

See, even GG said you're wrong about being wrong.

You're probably falling into the couchpotato trap of confusing the odd debate with some kind of challenge to who you are as a person. You'll soon be pre-empting all your posts with "I know this is a controversial opinion, but…" and "I know you guys don't like this kind of thing, but…" etc etc all of which causes more consternation than the topic you go on to mention.

You're probably falling into the couchpotato trap of confusing the odd debate with some kind of challenge to who you are as a person. You'll soon be pre-empting all your posts with "I know this is a controversial opinion, but…" and "I know you guys don't like this kind of thing, but…" etc etc all of which causes more consternation than the topic you go on to mention.

Nah, I don't take it personal I just get tired of bickering all the time.

If it was only couch, now his padawan Rune is doing same thing.

Well thx, GG.

See, even GG said you're wrong about being wrong.

Well, you are completely right in liking what you like, but you are wrong about people not liking what you like, in fact I'd like the same list as yours more or less, and looking at what the watch likes it is also similar like to what you like, simple just like that :D

A bit surprised to see Deus Ex made it to top three, it's probably the most un-anticipated game for me in the whole list. Other than that, I like what I see, just a bit worried about Torment's being a massive wall of text instead of a game, but hopefully it won't be that bad.

I'd have been shocked if DX wasn't in the top 3. On the contrary, I was a little surprised to see Numenera get that many votes. While it does look promising, I haven't been overly impressed by what I've seen of it so far.

Iirc, I voted DX, D:OS 2, and ME:A

I voted for Mass Effect Andromeda.

How anyone has that much confidence in Kingdom Come Deliverance, I have no idea. I was an early backer of the game and I'm not impressed at all with the progression of the game development. It's still very early alpha at best and there has not been an update since Nov 2015.

I will actually be pleasantly surprised if this is ever a finished game.

Yup agreed, this is actually about right

Back
Top Bottom