Weird D&D Creatures Generated by Neural Network

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Janelle C Shane had her neural network design some Dungeons and Dragons creatures and they came out, but her own definition, weird

http://aiweirdness.com/post/172170729017/dungeons-and-dragons-creatures-generated-by

Its been making the news today, which is how I found it

http://aiweirdness.com/post/172170729017/dungeons-and-dragons-creatures-generated-by

A quick list of some of the creatures inlclude

Owlborn
Cat, Stone
Vampire Bear
Kick Spirit
Hatfright
Purple Bird
Slug, Spectral
Wolf, Chromatic
Golem, Rain
Human, Crystal

She earlier had it do some spells

http://aiweirdness.com/post/159363915392/new-dd-magic-spells-designed-by-neural-network

A pretty good sample

Moss Healing Word
Hold Mouse
Barking Sphere
Heat on Farm
True Steake
Finger of Enftebtemang
Fomend’s Beating Sphere

I don't know how it all works (I haven't looked at the article that closely or seen if I can get it to work myself - would probably take quite a while to understand it all) but from the article she didn't just seed these from random; she fed it from actual monster manuals and the 4th edition spell list.

I'm liking Hold Mouse, Barking Sphere, and Hatfright.

Also Spectral Slugs.

The Greater Mommy seems pretty scary.

A little off topic, anyone try D&D 5th edition yet? I tried it last week for the first time and enjoyed it. I have only played AD&D so I wanted to try something new. We only made characters and did a low lvl module but from what I played it was enjoyable.

The character classes and spells had some nice variety and were fun to pick from.

I like the sound of a chromatic wolf. Some moderators of some forums I've seen down through the decades were clearly kick spirits.

I believe I prefer to remember the books as they were. I still have my old one tucked away somewhere, whatever edition was around in nineteen eighty two. Not sure I'd be happy with the changes since then.

I started thinking of these spells and monsters in terms of a supplement.

I'm reading Mona Lisa Overdrive right now and it would make complete sense if the Neural Network were some rogue AI that caught a group of users in an online RPG, and this is the sort of thing it came up with. Sort of a bizarre spin on Sword Art Online.

"You see a Rain Golem. What do you do?"

"Um..what does a Rain Golem look like?"

"Its made of Rain..only it's a Golem."

Wendless Woll

That... actually sounds kind of cool. Like something Neil Gaiman would come up with.

Back
Top Bottom