Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Gold!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Deus Ex: Human Revolution has gone Gold, in time for the release later next month. The (European) press release:
SQUARE ENIX AND EIDOS-MONTREAL ANNOUNCE DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION HAS GONE GOLD
Studio’s First Release Brings Renowned DEUS EX Series Back on August 26, 2011
LONDON (July 26, 2011) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products and Eidos-Montreal are proud to announce that DEUS EX®: HUMAN REVOLUTION™ has “gone gold” and will be available in European retail stores on August 26, 2011. DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is the exciting debut title release for Eidos-Montreal. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows® PC, Steam®, and OnLive®.
“We couldn’t be more excited that Deus Ex: Human Revolution has gone gold and will soon be in the hands of expectant gamers,” said Stephane D'Astous, general manager of Eidos-Montreal. “As the first release for Eidos-Montreal, it’s impossible to express how extremely proud we are of the final product and all of the hard work that went into its creation.”
More information.

Last edited:
My first digital purchase since giving up boxes. Got the deluxe version on Steam yesterday. Can't wait!

let us know, if the game blown you away like DX 1 did, please.

I'm going to barricade myself in the summerhouse - leaving the GF at home for a few days. This is going to be Deus Ex and DArt - and nothing else (apart from Balder - the dog).

I'm going to barricade myself in the summerhouse - leaving the GF at home for a few days. This is going to be Deus Ex and DArt - and nothing else (apart from Balder - the dog).

Hm, I hope to achieve a similar but limited experience.

Wife is going to be at work and both kids at kindergarten while Im going to have continued parental leave for our youngest daughters first two weeks with her sis at kindergarten.

That might leave me with 5 hours daily of quality time for enjoyment (or looking for a new job, but that is not as fun…)

Or Ill do as usual, wait until first patch :D

Anyway, looking forward to it, might even get another 6850 to try CF.

C

Last edited:
DX:HR comes out the day I get back from vacation. I have an overnight flight from Maui that leaves on the 22nd and gets me home around 4:00pm on the 23rd. I'm going to be tired as hell, but I still plan on starting that day. :)

I haven't decided if I'm going retail or digital for this one.

During Steam's Summer sale they had the entire Square/Eidos catalog going for $75 but they would knock another $25 off if you either bought Dungeon Siege III or pre-ordered Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The DS 3 was a pass for me, but I couldn't resist getting all Square Edios games and DE:HR for $95 so I got it.

I have to confess, I haven't played the first 2 games which I'm sure is a cardinal sin of RPG-dom. They did come with the Square/Eidos pack though so I have them. I suppose I should play them one of these days, but I think this will get bumped to the top of my queue once it's up for dowload. I'm looking forward to it.

I have to confess, I haven't played the first 2 games which I'm sure is a cardinal sin of RPG-dom.

That might actually be beneficial to your enjoyment of the game, as those of us who have played the first two will be hampered by comparison's to the originals (for most people, it's the first game). I know from experience - having played Invisible War before playing the original - that it will probably be easier for you to enjoy Human Revolution with an open-mind than for those of us that will have certain expectations of what a Deus Ex game "should" be, based on our previous experience with the DE series.

...But you should absolutely play the original(s) at some point! :)

I'm still deciding whether or not to buy this one fresh out… It's either this or Skyrim. :)

me too

of my all time favorite games most times, Deus Ex is one notch above Morrowind. But I like the Elder Scroll franchise where as the Deus Ex franchise is just getting started and suspect (D 2). I'll get both, but for me the real question is which one to play first.

I'm trying to understand what the dilemma is for you guys. You've got three more months after DX:HR before Skyrim is released.

OPM gave it a 80%…but they write stuff like:

"It doesn't reach Killzone 3 levels of splendour, but it's impossible not to be wowed by the neon-drenched presence of Hangsha in China."

"It's not as direct as a sci-fi COD, nor as expansive or open as Fallout," he writes. "Instead it's somewhere in the middle."

They also talk about frustrating boss fight (no explanation in the link).

Motoki said:
I have to confess, I haven't played the first 2 games which I'm sure is a cardinal sin of RPG-dom.
…But you should absolutely play the original(s) at some point! :)

You are too nice. I found the comment Motoki did offensive and would rather burn him or her at the stake.

Back
Top Bottom