Deathspank - Thongs of Virtue Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue has been released in Europe, which probably means we missed the NA release. The PR:
DESTROY THE THONGS AND SAVE THE WORLD IN EA’s DEATHSPANK: THONGS OF VIRTUE AVAILABLE IN EUROPE TODAY
Step Into the Mighty Boots of the World’s Funniest Downloadable Super Hero Again in an all New Adventure on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade
Guildford, UK., – Sept. 22, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Hothead GamesTM announced that DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue (T.O.V.) is available for download in Europe on PlayStation®Network today for £9.99 and on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points. The follow-up to last summer’s award-winning, chart-topping action RPG, DeathSpank: T.O.V. is a fresh new adventure where players hack, slash and shoot their way through mission after mission, in search of the six mystical thongs that are corrupting the universe. Gamers who purchase DeathSpank: T.O.V. in its first week* will also receive two pieces of free downloadable content: the Snowy Mountain Dungeon, a terrifying, ice-covered dungeon frozen in the North Pole where evil enemies of ice, flesh and terror dwell and a new playable co-op character, Sidekick Tankko. Half-man, half-spider and all awesome, Sidekick Tankko is a deadly warrior who spews mighty clouds of poison and entraps enemies with his inescapable web attacks.

“We took all of the things that people loved about DeathSpank and cranked it to 11.” said Vlad Ceraldi, Director of Game Development at Hothead Games. “DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue is a great new experience. We’ve added more crazy weapons, areas and enemies of course and more thongs!”

DeathSpank: T.O.V. puts players in the mighty boots of DeathSpank in his quest to destroy the six mystical thongs which have corrupted those who wear them, and thus the universe. Players will travel through war-torn country sides, outer space and even the North Pole in an epic battle against an Evil Santa, collecting tons of loot along the way. DeathSpank T.O.V. also includes a local co-op mode, allowing a second player to help in the search for the thongs with either of his two trusty sidekicks, Sparkles the Wizard or Ninjatastic Steve.

DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue is rated 12+ by PEGI. For more information on DeathSpank: T.O.V., visit www.deathspank.com or follow the game on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/deathspank.
More information.

They better get around to the PC version soon. My interest in this game (well, the first one) has gone from very eager to sort of interested and is well on it's way to meh. If they don't get on with I'm going to be disappoint.

Why are we even bothering with this game? If it's not on PC, then I don't believe we should waste space on it!!

Why are we even bothering with this game? If it's not on PC, then I don't believe we should waste space on it!!

I like that the site isn't PC-only. I play more console that I do PC these days (because my PC is crap nowadays). So what? It's still more PC-centric than console-centric. I don't see why you can't just skip the ones that aren't on PC.

I like that the site isn't PC-only. I play more console that I do PC these days (because my PC is crap nowadays). So what? It's still more PC-centric than console-centric. I don't see why you can't just skip the ones that aren't on PC.

It's not that it's a console game that's the problem. It's that it was announced as a PC title, then they got a publisher and it became a console and PC title, then a console and we can't tell you what other platforms (nudge nudge wink wink) and now it's a console only with a sequel and no news on if they are going to put it on PC or not. That's the problem.

It's not that it's a console game that's the problem. It's that it was announced as a PC title, then they got a publisher and it became a console and PC title, then a console and we can't tell you what other platforms (nudge nudge wink wink) and now it's a console only with a sequel and no news on if they are going to put it on PC or not. That's the problem.

Right, that's shitty. But even so, I like reading about RPGs on the PC that I cannot play because I don't currently have the hardware for it. Deathspank screwed you over, but please leave the game coverage as it is!

And add JRPGs too! Did I just go too far? :)

I don't think it's a wise idea to separate stuff based on personal preferences. I like that this site is open and includes games like this, regardless of my personal feelings towards any given game.

I downloaded the first one to my xbox and was thoroughly underwhelmed. I played it for about an hour and don't think I even cracked a smile at any of the writing, most disappointing.

I also appreciate coverage of Xbox 360 and PS3 RPGs, even the arcade ones. It gives the site breadth. Otoh, I'm pretty sure Corwin was just joking.

I enjoyed the first Deathspank for several hours, but I did not finish it. I'm not sure why, but I just lost interest. Probably just the nature of the gameplay. I don't think I'm ready for a sequel just yet. It's only a few months since the original was released -- that's way too fast.

Back
Top Bottom