The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

:lol:

Okay, actually, I don't mind openming the door all of the time. I had only thought that it was far away from the other restistance shrines and relatively easy to overlook.

Bot finished off his green steel bracers tonight. Had to sacrifce 3 carried weapons to make it happen (shoulda been 2, but the altar bugged and ate one of my energy cells). Still, kinda fun to complete a mineral2. So the bracers are:
+150sp, +5WIS skills, heavy fort, +5 AC, and 6% healing lore

The real key was the fortification, which allowed me to buy a greater false life belt. Looking back, the healing lore was probably a waste, but it seemed appropriate for a healbot back then. So now I've got 402hp with ship buffs and ~2100sp. Not too bad for a first lifer.

Yeah, me! ;)

Well done for a guy who loves pointy sticks and avoids hocus pocus as much as possible!! :)

Congratulations ! :)

Yeah, since we can more easily get Tome pages, we can possibly farm out a Skiver for Bot, which will give Greater Arcane Lore, which not only affects your healing but also your Blade Barriers and other offensive spells. Of course, all our casters will want this item, or a Greenblade, so it may take awhile. Farm the Orchard! And Demon Queen. A Skiver is better, but Greenblade can be a lucky drop with just one DQ.

My schedule is changing on the 9th, back to 8 hours/5 days. However, I don't know if I'll be first, second, or third shift, meaning I have a good chance of not being able to group on fridays anymore, unless I get another job.

I wish to lodge a complaint. I had to open the ship doors last night. I thought we hired a guy to have those open when the US guildies started logging on... ;)

On a more serious note, what are our plans for future TRs? I'm pretty well done with Bot now, I've got a few thousand Turbine points burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm kinda itching to do a modified healbot build.

Lordy, you want a new TR? I was hoping to not do that again for a long time. ;) Guess now I have to think about which one and what I may want to morph into.

And won't we need points to buy some of the extra stuff after the new mod or pack or what ever you call that comes out? Was going to say my brain is not working to remember but Corwin will have some smart remark and then I will have to kill him. Today I am too tired to kill him. In the mood always, but too tired. :)

@ Azraelck..........If they mess with your gaming then you need another job. Where are your priorities man!

Yeah, I know. The main driver for me is that I'm running out of roles for my toons. I've got a pair of 20's, so I can run with any caps. Wouldii still has Shroud work to do, but nothing critical. Bot's basically in a holding pattern, although I'll probably still run in him the Shroud and just pass down any mats he gets. I've got RhoGu stuck at 18. He's not bad on solo, but level 18 content doesn't generally solo that well. There's not many non-cap toons in the guild for him to run with, so he overlaps with Wouldii. I've got Shadohe up to 15 now. She can run with that pack of mids that the guild seems to be exercising a good bit. Since she's a little bit ahead of the rest, that will work out fairly well since y'all tend to play more than me. The TR group is sitting at level 10, so Phuury is spoken for. Klubbir kinda got left behind by that mid-level pack, but he solos alright so I'm not worried about that. At level 8, he overlaps with Phuury for grouping and content.
Melee- lvl8, lvl15, lvl18, lvl20
healer- lvl20
TR- lvl10

One thought that I did have was to TR Wouldii into an arty. The ranger past life would have some value there. Not super excited about running an arty, though. Enjoyed my work as a healbot and it's a role nobody else in the guild seems to get overly excited about, so it makes sense for me to do it.

I guess the real question is how y'all intend to do your druids. New toon? TR? It's pretty much a certainty that we'll have a couple fresh-faced animal lovers in the guild about 30 seconds after the expansion goes live, so I'm assuming there will be a lot of action for level 1 toons in the not-so-distant future.

We have to agree on the level start as well, start at one, or 4. I got the pak that did not offer level 7 vet. Even starting at four we miss items and favor.

To be honest, I still prefer being a tank. Baka is good. Most likely I should have respec'd her and done a better job but she has some green steel items now which would come in handy. I would need to research better on build and decide what race and so on. Not that interested in doing a TR Druid unless I run one up first as a test. If they are buggy I don't to mess with one. Looks like a lot of chatter for Friday on stuff that is sure.

This Weekend are "Challenge Rewards Bonus Days" going on : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4384072#post4384072

Until April the first, on which they'll probably say "April's Fool ! We didn't intend to stop it that soon !" ? ;)

And won't we need points to buy some of the extra stuff after the new mod or pack or what ever you call that comes out?

I think yes :

Regardless of account status, VIP, Premium, or F2P, elements of the Expasion Pack, including the Adventure Pack(s) will need to be purchased.

Source : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=358499

Edit : Plus this :

Will people be able to buy the expansion with accumilated Turbine Points?
After August 14, 2012 they will be able to.

And this :

Menace of the Underdark expansion content will be available for purchase with Turbine Points after the launch of Update 14 in August 2012, the first post-expansion Update. Turbine Point prices will be as follows:
Menace of the Underdark Adventure Packs – 2495 Turbine Points
Epic Destinies (account wide unlock) – 995 Turbine Points
Eveningstar Challenge Pack (free to VIPs) – 695 Turbine Points
Druid class (free to VIPs) – 1495 Turbine Points

Edit : It is possible that I won't be available for Friday - or I'm so tired that I wouldn't want a long session.
Background is that I'll be away on that evening (local time) inclusive driving by car for half an hour to and half an hour fro. Which I know to exhaust me a little bit, always.

Not that interested in doing a TR Druid unless I run one up first as a test. If they are buggy I don't to mess with one. Looks like a lot of chatter for Friday on stuff that is sure.
I've got no real interest in a druid, TR or otherwise, but I know Az and Corwin have plans and I think jm was thinking about it. It could work out fairly well, I think. We'd have Peter as a paladin (regardless of his toon's actual class ;) ), you as a melee, and Az and Corwin as druids. If jm wanted to be the caster again, that would leave the trap monkey duties to me, which I could do. Under that scenerio, assuming the group was made up of TR's, maybe the "Wouldii to arty" option would be enough to handle trap monkey and everything would make sense. We'd have 3 "sorta" healers, which would probably be adequate.

I guess I'm assuming the druids would be a part of the Friday sessions. It's possible that Az and Corwin wouldn't want to proceed that slowly and would run outside the group instead. So many moving parts. It's all so confoozing!

CM, I am looking for another job, and have been. The 13 hours have been killing me, as has the incompetent management. No real luck so far. If I get first shift, it won't affect game-time, until the shift rotation. At which point, no more game time. If I pull 2nd, then it'll be 3 months before I can hit game time. 3rd shift, I could theoretically play for a couple of hours, but have to leave at 8pm in order to reach work on time. I'll probably be volunteering for 3rd just to stay away from shift rotating and the asshole who is the 2nd shift lead.

I intend to run a new Druid before even considering a TR into one. There's too much unknown right now to formulate a build, and of course we can expect some bugs.

As far as the next TR group, I'll be fine to let Corwin run the Druid, and take the Rogue spot. Of course, if Dte wants to try an Artificer, then I may push on into Druid as well.

Remember that while Druids have healing, it comes in a level later save for cure light wounds. So A druid will not have cure Moderate until 5, and then it goes from there. Ultimately, most quests don't even require a full healer, and after awhile a Druid can act as a group healer at need.

It's also possible I'll not TR at all and focus on getting my batch of alts up instead. I have an Artificer, Ranger, and Sorcerer as well as the Monk. Depending on the Enhancement reset and how certain PrEs are changed, I may try Bard again, especially if we have enough melee to work with. One of the issues with the current group was I ended up being more a Fighter by necessity, as we had only one melee.

It's also possible I could attempt both Trap and Bard duties, as they do get a decent amount of skill points. Particularly if I TR Rachail or Fireflash, netting a 36 point build. Or another Exploiter, which has an easier time of being a trap-monkey than even a Bard.

One thing Peter might try other than Paladin again is Monk. A Light Monk is very similar in a lot of ways to a Paladin, including self healing, high saves, and very survivable. Very clicky based as well, with the various finishers and strikes. It's bound to be getting a bit boring playing the same class effectively 8 times now, 4 characters with a TR each.

*Edit*

TWF Khopesh Bard w/ trap skills is a bit of a nightmare. You need all of 5 stats and +2 Tomes just to do it, 2 levels of Fighter for feats, and still I'm lacking quicken and maximize in the planner. Feats are also so tight that Virtuoso is the only PrE option. Human might help, but I lose 5 to all my saves that way, and Evasion is only as good as your reflex save.

So that's not likely to happen. TWF Khopesh, maybe, if Warchanter loses it's feat pre-reqs. I suppose I could dump IC:Slash and just use crafted Keen weapons, but meh. Rapier looks like a better option, as that frees up a feat. At least then I could grab Maximize and have effective healing, and qualify for Spellsinger. Only issue there is I have all of two Rapiers, the same one, and they sit in at ML14.

I much prefer the Exploiter option, as it doesn't require a minimum of 14 starting INT and a +2 Tome to boot. Rangers get the TWF feats for free, and if the inane Tempest pre-reqs are ditched then I won't be constrained on feat choices like Fireflash was originally.

Pure Rogue is also nice, though I wish I had more feats. I may consider a 18/2 similar to Rhogu, just to fit in OTWF and Fighter past life for instances when the to-hit isn't enough. My current Rogue build plan uses the Pally past life, assuming Rachail as she has a number of Khopeshes waiting.

Most of the build planning, however, needs to wait as the enhancement reset will change alot of what we plan for now. Feat requirements for PrEs may drop, ap costs will change, and the differences in builds will be drastic.

*edit 2* Triple bonus points in the DDO store until the 1st (Sunday).

Last edited:
I might have a few spare Rapiers lying around.

Remember that with the expansion coming out this Summer we can play our level 20's up to level 25. That should be plenty of work.

I'm using my level 20's now mainly for raids. I try to get some gear e. g. the Hound of Xoriat or Vision of Destruction. I also run them for Shroud to get large ingredients for tier 3 greensteel items for my low level ones. I have my cleric geared up already. My paladin awaits level 11 for the min II hp item. I have the large mats for that. Then I need the mat for his min II greatsword. Finally I need large mats for my level 20 paladin lit II khopesh. So I still need time with Shroud to get tier 3 for all my toons.

Another thing we could consider is to run Epic quests for epic ingredients and the regular quests on elite to get the gear we want to make epic. Getting epic gear could be a big help to our toons.

Rangers can heal individually as well, but they get their spells *very* late.
Elves get get I think fighting with two weapons for free, and I think I remember Drow even more so.

Besides, I'm quite sure now that I won't be available Friday and even Saturday evening local time … Although I won't rule it completely out, I'm relatively sure that I just will be too exhaused then.
Saturday is still a bit unclear, though. It depends on a few factors.

Edit : My Ranger is past half of level 11 by now. Which surprises me a little bit, to be frank.

And I found out that I've been very ineffective with him : Yesterday I did a queston on elite which was so much low-level that I received almost 0 xp. I just had forgotten it at one point, and now it's almost too late.
And the *really* bad thing is, that I have got *several* of these low-level quests to be done on Elite …

I think it would be nice to have another level 20 healer (Botdu) up in the high levels. If we TR all the toons we have then we lose options if we want to do high level stuff.

There are still a lot of stuff to do since we have low and mid level toons we need to play up. If we get too many high levels again then we can just TR again. I think it's more fun to TR my TR'ed toons because then I have the nice gear waiting for me instead of having a first lifer who must farm all the quests again for items.

It's actually fun being able to run your TR'ed toons with great gear in the low level quests. You notice the difference in power, even if you play on elite. E. g. my level 14 cleric is now soon at 400hp and with 1250sp. He is soon more powerful than many clerics playing in the Shroud (level 17+ quest).

Dte is getting greensteel items for his high level toons and that means his toons will also become rather powerful. If Botdu is supposed to TR then you could for example make GS items now for his new life. That is what I did with my toons before I TR'ed them. I made a mistake and got a supreme shard too little for my paladin. So he will get his min II greatsword a little bit later.

No race gets Two weapon fighting for free. Rangers, on the other hand, do.

Fireflash could land a Cure Serious Wounds for 150+, and better geared Rangers can see upwards of 200 without any metamagics. I've seen Rangers solo heal in Epics before. But that's at cap, before you have to wait until level 8 before they get CLW, 10 or 12 for CMW, and 14 for CSW.

Don't worry about missing lower level quests. Even on a TR, at the lower levels there's so much content that you're hard-pressed to hit all of it without outleveling it. 3BC is one such area. There are also those that, once you run them, you'll wish you missed. Threnal comes to mind. Or Restless Isles. Don't buy those two packs, actually.

Mirys is coming up, though it'll be awhile before she's back to 20. But since I don't think we'll be TRing until at least some of the current Mid levels hit cap, we've got time. It's June IIRC before the expansion lands, and that's when Druids come in for Corwin. I level quick enough when I play, I'm just splitting time between Rachail, Mureall, Mirys, and the odd run with Aerii.

The level 21-25 is the new Epic stuff... which will require much better gear than what we have currently. Most of the group does not have any GS items, and few of us have any significant raid items that hold value at 20. You think Monastary of the Scorpion is tough on normal? The people the 21-25 stuff is aimed at solo that on elite at level. Bot may be the best equipped to handle it right now, or will be if he makes a Con Opp HP item, and farms out a Torc and a Greenblade or Skiver. Divines are easy to gear up, relatively speaking.

Once Rachail hits 16 I can start hitting VoD and HoX, as there's a few items there I need. Notably the Levik's Bracers and Shield. 20% more Healing Amp would probably push my cure crit wands to 70-80 points a charge. Not bad, considering that Fighters don't get Wand and Scroll Mastery. It's tempting to do a Rogue splash, netting Evasion and W&SM for a huge boost to self healing and survivability on her.

Corwin, don't worry about holding any weapons for me. I don't know what we'll be running for the next TR group. We can easily assume Peter will be a Paladin, and CM a Fighter of some sort, or possibly Monk. And we already know you'll be a Warforged Druid. JM and me are the wild cards, as we both have played just about everything, and can adapt to the group's needs.

Actually, since you and Jm both tend to play Wizards more as baby Sorcerers and not focusing on DC-based casting as much, Druid might cover what we typically have a Wizard do in group anyway. If Dte goes Cleric again, then Jm could do basically whatever, as all bases will be covered with me handling trap duties.

As an added bonus, we'll have at least two capable healing classes in the group, and at least one self-healer.

The real issue comes if Dte goes Artificer, since I doubt Jm will want a repeat of healer duty, and I certainly don't. I've been tempted to do an LR train of Mirys and go into something else, perhaps Bard at a point where I'm not lagging behind everybody. I think I'm getting burned out on playing a divine now, after one full life as a Cleric and a FvS each. So we might end up without a Cleric or FvS in group for the first time.

I think though, with a Bard Spellsinger or Virtuoso acting as backup, and a Druid and Paladin, plus you already know I'll build for self-healing if it kills me, we might be alright. Cm might try Ranger as well, which will eventually be able to self heal. It will be something different from her 15 or so Fighters. Artificer can heal the group with pots as well, and if WF self-heal and assist if Corwin follows through on being the Grimlock of the group. Artificer also helps add a melee with doggie, on occasion that it doesn't break down.

I've got no problem running a cleric. There's no advantage to TR'ing a ranger into a cleric (that's the only reason arty entered into the discussion) and I'm tempted to leave Bot at lvl20, so I'm a little stuck if the group does their druids via TR, but we can figure that out.

Ranger actually works well TRing into a Fighter. Since the Active Ranger PL is a Barkskin clicky, +5 AC is very useful. If I thought I could stand the grind, I'd TR Rachail into a Ranger just for that, then back to Fighter to try for a tankish build.

But you could finish off Rhogu and TR him, if you're determined to leave Bot up top.

So it looks like this then?

Peter: Paladin
CM: Melee of some sort
Dte: Cleric
Corwin: Druid
Jm: Who knows?
Me: Rogue or Exploiter

Looks like all bases covered, with Jm being able to do pretty much whatever without worry. Alternately:

Peter: Paladin
Cm: Melee of some sort
Corwin: Druid
Dte: Artificer
Jm: Who Knows?
Me: Bard

Again most bases covered, with only the caveat that we won't have a dedicated heal bot and can't play like we have been, expecting whoever is playing the cleric to cover our losses and mistakes.

I still need to get at least one more toon up to level 20 by June if I TR into a Druid which means playing one or two more consistently during the week; I'd really like to TR my Spellsinger eventually. So, remember to Skype me more often if you're playing some evenings.

Back
Top Bottom