Rise of the Argonauts - Preview @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has a pre-E3 preview of Rise of the Argonauts, which must be good because apparently some elements are "totally badass":
One thing we know for sure, though, is that in battle Hercules and Atalanta are invaluable teammates. Combat happens entirely in real time with moves taken right out of competitors like God of War and The Mark of Kri. Hercules, for example, is a giant mountain of muscle that's capable of ripping his enemy's arms off (with appropriate blood fountain in tow) or deracinating half-ton objects to use as weapons. Atalanta is the exact opposite -- opting for a speedy long-range bow attack that keeps her pretty face from getting too close to the action. In total, players will be able to select up to two support buddies for Jason at a time and we're told that each and every one of them will be "totally badass."
More information.

moves taken right out of competitors like God of War and The Mark of Kri

Copying competitors is a selling point now?

Wa-huh?

I started to assume this is another ARPG Titan Quest inspired knockoff, but after skimming the article, I found it compared to so many different games that I decided it's just plain derivative in general. And made by the folks who brought us Dragonshard...:S

Hercules and Atalanta--where the hell is Xena?:uhoh:

wow though screenshots look amazing though. i remember atlanta from impressions city builder posiedon. she had pep. that and zeus master of olympus were my favourite mythological based games i've played. i hope they copy those games as much as they copy titan quest. even if the gameplay or rpg aspect is weaker than titan quest i will probably enjoy it more simply for the joy of running free and exploring a world without a fixed camera system which even some rts allow...

Back
Top Bottom