Gaming BS of the week

Deep Learning

AI

Industry 4.0

Big Data

Cyber Physical Systems

Edge Computing

You could shorten your list and just call it "Numenera". ;)

https://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-contai...se-they-were-being-used-for-money-laundering/
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive container keys, which are purchased with real money and used to unlock the game's equivalent of loot boxes, can no longer be resold. In other words, the keys will not be able to leave the purchasing account, thus making it impossible to sell them on the Steam Community Market.

The reason? Valve has learned that they're being used to launder money.
Ever since Bioware Points that were never discounted nor devaluated I'm yelling pretend money aka taxfree virtual currency is used for money laundering.
I have no idea why it took so many years to "discover" it.

----------------------------------------------

https://lifehacker.com/how-the-razzle-dazzle-game-takes-all-your-money-1839333817
This game is illegal. Razzle, aka Razzle-Dazzle, is a scam posing as a carnival or street game, where you roll marbles in a box collecting points. Popping up in Havana, New York, New Orleans, and curbs and parking lots across the U.S., it’s like Three-Card Monte, but more complicated, and better disguised as a real game.
That’s part of the appeal, and that’s why a good scammer can keep suckers playing it, paying a couple of bucks a turn until they’ve lost thousands of dollars.
Everyone will say, wait, this ain't videogame but a street scam posing as a game, so…
True, it isn't. Yet. Make no mistake, it's already analyzed by EA&co as lootboxes need to be replaced with similar gambling scheme renamed into "surprise mechanic" before the law catches up.

https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-core-i9-9900ks-review/
Intel Core i9-9900KS review

Packing 5GHz on all cores, the Core i9-9900KS is the new king of gaming CPUs.
No. That CPU is not gaming CPU. I have no idea how much $ Intel pays to these shills and regardelss of how many don't want to think people do buy i9 only to play Tetris and Farmville currently it's AMD's CPU, pick any, that's the king of gaming CPUs as is affordable even to homeless people yet strong enough to run every existing game smoothly at 60 FPS on 1080/1440p res.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.vg247.com/2019/10/30/an...sey-reviewers-didnt-play-game-claims-creator/
Patrice Desilets, creator of Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, claims that some reviewers didn’t play the game at all – and even invented non-existed features.

Speaking at Reboot Develop Red today, Desilets said that his development team are “pissed” that some reviewers invented features in their criticism of the game, making it clear they hadn’t played the game about evolution.

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey has a Metacritic rating of 64, which he described as the “elephant in the room” during a post-mortem of his monkey game.

“We know for a fact, I’m trying to smile when I say that, some reviewers actually didn’t play the game,” he said.
Good morning. Players have been saying this for ages already and I've posted about some Outer Worlds review yesterday that I'm not playing the game game the reviewer does.

In this particular example however it's the metacritic score that "hurts" so devs are searching for an excuse. If the score was 10/10 noone would complain which makes it bullshit.
I've finished the game and that metacritic average seems fine to me. Not sure if I wrote already but why IMO the game score can't be higher although is unique and most of the time fun product:
- overall repetitiveness
- horrible babybirth minigame
- discrimination of hearing impaired people
- outdated presentation because Nintendo Gameboy, no hairworks yet everything is furry
- luck based illogical evolution steps (one animal kills another just because RNG said so)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.vg247.com/2019/10/30/dragon-age-4-may-release-in-2022-or-2023/
The next Dragon Age is “probably” coming in 2022 or after, says EA
My english sucks and if grammar police could get 1$ from each mistake of mine, I'd end up broken. A decade ago.
But this title's logic is atrocious.

https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-core-i9-9900ks-review/

No. That CPU is not gaming CPU. I have no idea how much $ Intel pays to these shills and regardelss of how many don't want to think people do buy i9 only to play Tetris and Farmville currently it's AMD's CPU, pick any, that's the king of gaming CPUs as is affordable even to homeless people yet strong enough to run every existing game smoothly at 60 FPS on 1080/1440p res.

They call out the king because it’s the fastest gaming CPU bar none. They didn’t call it the financially responsible choice.

However AMD’s ryzen 3000 series isn’t really any cheaper than its equivalent intel part.

I just built a new PC and put a 9900k in it. I really wanted to go AMD but looking at benchmarks and the fact that its a gaming only PC I couldn’t justify it. Especially considering building the AMD pc was actually more expensive with a 3900x and 590 motherboard.

I like where AMD is going though and hope my next build will be AMD but I’ll go where the best gaming performance is when I build.

I don't usually comment any replies to my posts in this thread, but seems I need to explain myself a bit more.

i9 is *NOT* a gaming CPU. It has numerous other uses and is the king for those other uses. No amount of false advertising can turn this CPU into gaming CPU. It's not made for gaming. It can be used for gaming, sure, but phone SoCs can be used for gaming too yet noone in their sane mind is trying to persuade others that Snapdragon is a gaming chip.

An example, someone needs a CPU for conversion of x254 video into x265 as fast as humanly possible. i9 can be the king of https://handbrake.fr/ if that particular converter has any benefit from it. Handbrake rendering can be fun, but that isn't gaming. And gaming has absolutely no benefit from i9. Unless someone proves that having emptier pockets for no reason is a benefit then buys themself a private chopper to gather dust in the backyard.

I don't usually comment any replies to my posts in this thread, but seems I need to explain myself a bit more.

i9 is *NOT* gaming CPU. It has numerous other uses and is the king for those other uses.

An example, gaming is not turning x254 video into x265 as fast as humanly possible. i9 is the king of https://handbrake.fr/. Handbrake rendering can be fun, but that isn't gaming.

And yet it handles gaming better than any other cpu.

Maybe it has more than 1 use.

Further more, It’s there top consumer processor and intel markets its for gaming, don’t think so just check there website.

The x series is for content creation, video editing etc.

It NOT being a gaming cpu is clearly your opinion.

No CPU is "gaming" CPU. There is no CPU that only plays games and nothing else. 9900K just happens to be the fastest CPU in most games that is marketed to average consumers. It's not the king in other areas, though, it's 3900x (similarly priced). You mentioned Handbrake, and 3900x beats 9900K, sometimes by as much as 25%. You have no idea what you are talking about.

33%, not 25% (30 mins instead of 45).
The rest of the post, sorry no comment on such style, but I'm happy when people think.

Never thought Blizzard will put all the bs from EA and Ubi to shame.

Was it so hard to say "we do not allow political statements of any kind during our tournaments"? Or "we do allow" whatever, doesn't even matter as long as it's clearly stated.
But no, he had to go blathering about absolutely nothing for 3 and a half minutes.
And he got cheers and applause for all of that? Those people in the audience most probably have phones, but brains? I'd say no.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/11/02/diablo-4-inspired-junji-ito-anime/
“Junji Ito and some of the elements he brings in, kind of taking mundane things and twisting them, creating horror elements within that – then there’s the Cthulhu mythos and some of the horror elements there, especially the fear of the unknown,” lead quest designer Jason Roberts said.

Ito is a man who managed to make fish scary, creating a story where they’re being mind-controlled by a sentient bacteria. He also has a thing for triggering people’s trypophobia so expect some disgusting enemy designs in Diablo 4 to match that inspiration.
Whatta load of bollox.
There's not even a J from Junji Ito in what was presented as Diablo 4.
Note also that you don't have to be always online to enjoy Junji Ito's masterpieces.

Then again maybe the article author failed and the statement is not about Diablo 4 but about whatever upcoming don't you guys have phones rubbish.
Which would be even worse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dragon-age-4/dragon-age-day
EA only recently warned that Dragon Age 4’s release date could still be years away, but now developer BioWare has started teasing us all about the highly anticipated RPG. The studio tweeted over the weekend about the tenth anniversary of the Dragon Age series – before stating, “See you on December 4 for Dragon 4ge Day!”
Seen somewhere another Destiny killer exec left Bioware, expected seeing "see you at N7" and now I see…
Now I see that the official Bioware forum won't reopen.

One might say this is not gaming industry related. But it is actually. There are times when your laptop will use a phone as access point where better the connection, better the game (download, patch or just mmoing).
https://wccftech.com/us-huawei-5g-official-criticize/
US Official Criticizes Europe For Letting Huawei 5G Equipment Inside Borders
It's a free market, make a better offer. Oh, you can't? Cry more.

Hilarious Kotaku article on Anthem

https://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-plans-a-complete-overhaul-for-anthem-1839892415

have led fans and pundits to speculate that the studio has abandoned its most recent game, Anthem, but the opposite is true.

Anthem Next

Many of the details are still in flux, and there’s no clear timeline

They’re still figuring out whether updates should be released all at once or over an extended period of time

the developers have not yet figured out exactly what that will look like.

They’re even considering releasing Anthem Next as a brand new game

The one thing that’s for sure is that BioWare has not abandoned Anthem

But the reality is that BioWare is still putting a lot of work into Anthem.

Details on Anthem Next are hazy

“lots of testing things out and experimentation but still nothing concrete.”

With so much in the air, it’s impossible to know what will and won’t change, but it’s safe to say

Yes. Safe to say.

:biggrin:

That's Schrier's article and so far his EA sources were always genuine and rumors proven to be true. This is probably the most important part from it:
BioWare, meanwhile, is still invested in role-playing games. In addition to the much-anticipated Dragon Age 4, which BioWare teased last year, a new Mass Effect game is in very early development at the Edmonton office under director Mike Gamble, a longtime BioWare producer.

That's Schrier's article and so far his EA sources were always genuine and rumors proven to be true. This is probably the most important part from it:
Well the corporate overlord must have realized BioWare is obviously an RPG studio.:smartass:

Here's hoping those games are not online travesty's also.:fingerscrossed:

His EA source may have proven genuine, but what they're saying here (wrt. Anthem) is in summary nothing else but "We do not know anything".

the friend mistakenly sold off the character from the MMORPG
That's how. mmo needs to die. Or that friend. IMO that's the best friend I'd keep, obviously not an opinion everyone will share.
the local court in Sichuan posted on social media that the case was a great example of the protection of digital assets, and it warned gamers not to spend too much in video games.
This is bs. Everyone has rights to spend as much $ as they want on something. Unless it's illegal. Are mmos illegal? So far, not. Make them.

Back
Top Bottom