Risen 3 Starting R3 now a few small pointers?

mprod

Sentinel
I managed to burn myself out on pirahna games last autumn I replayed Risen 1 and played nr 2 and during spring replayed the Gothics so am now starting R 3 for the first time

Do you have any tips on which path is the most fun I´m thinking some kind of blades and one of the magic paths
I did voodoo in R2

Some blades and some magic sounds like you might enjoy the Demon Hunters. I played and finished the game as one and it was good fun.

The Voodoo Pirate seemed too much like the Voodoo class recycled from Risen 2 and, well, the Mages (called Guardians in Risen 3) are the Mages just as you've seen them in previous PB games (there is some innovation, of course, but to me it looked too much like been there, done that).

The Demon Hunters are the least derivative of the three classes. There are some similarities to the New Camp (G1), Mercenaries (G2) but in terms of discipline and order also to the Old Camp and the Paladins though they pale in comparison to the strict rules of the Guardians. The DHs can also wield some magic. Not as much as the Guardians but decent enough.
Finally, their home world is the prettiest in my opinion and they are led by Eldric so it's a nice touch to be returning to one of the series' mentors.

You can't really go 'wrong' with any choice, of course. The game is easy as pie overall, even on hard, so you can really just pick the faction you think you'll enjoy the most.

Hint: If you want it extra easy and avoid the (IMO) unfun melee combat system, get a gun and some throwing knives early on. It will allow you to kill even the high level critters as a low level character. It's pretty ridiculous. You can take down huge golems with two shots from a pistol even as a level 1 character. That way you won't have to save too many areas for later. You can pretty much just waltz through everything with a gun until you join a faction and become more specialized.

Well, hope you have more fun with the game than I did. I thought the story was retarded, melee combat unfun and unbalanced (the game being way too easy in general) and I hated the shadowland parts that were just a horrible grind to me. The game generally has too much combat if you ask me... you can't go 10y in any direction without a fight. And the ending... well, you'll see :) .
It had its moments though. The game is quite pretty on a whole, exploration is a lot of fun, and character development is surprisingly motivating in spite of the unbalanced combat because it's just fun to get a shiny new skill or ability.

YMMV, of course, so just have at it and enjoy! :)

A belated thanks

I think I will follow your recommendations and go with the demon hunters
The game feels easier than than the previous ones and firearms feels even more overpowered
I will probably keep to swashbuckling with some magic thrown in since it seems like that will provide a better game and more fitting to the character and also going for the ancilliary skills first such as hunting, thief and communication

Thanks again
M

A small update

Didn´t know that there was a difficulty option now I put on easy for the armwrestling and drinkinking minigames and keep it on hard the rest of the time

thanks

I´ve had quite a good time with the game until now. It is far to easy, Patty looks ridicuolusy busty and behaves like some horny teenboys version of a though gal, there are far to much filler battle, the seamonsterbattles are just stupid and everything is overpowered, but still I have had fun.
The stupid bossfigth in the 4th chapter where you are supposed to throw chackles on a monster is just plain stupid and I can´t make it even though I know what to do I will try it again on easy sometime but for now I´ve left with a rage quit

Edit: The stupid thing is the monster can´t hurt me beacause the spells i have make me invulnerable but I can´t hit with the chackles for some reason

What chapter 4 monster? Why I can't remember any chapter 4 monster?

He is talking about the one on Taranis below the mage HQ at the reactor (Ore Titan).
I would agree that that fight was pretty annoying. Kind of like the Risen 1 boss fight since nothing depended on character skill or equipment and everything just depended on your player skill.

What you need to do is throw the harpoons (is what I'd prefer to call them) at the parts of the monster that light up. You will see corresponding blue zones on the monster's feet/legs. You need to aim and hit those blue zones with the harpoons which can be a bit tricky indeed when you are circle-strafing and trying to aim at the same time.

You can also watch someone beat it here (starting at around the 27:00 minute mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-aOa1P8udc

I think what I need to do is turn down the graphics my computer is on the old side which haven´t been a problem in the game until this part but with all the flashy lightning it suddenly starts to hiccup so I get a delay between pressing the button and throwing which makes it impossible to aim

And also it definatly feels like R1 end boss if I wqanted that kind of battles I would stick to consoles and plattformgames

Back
Top Bottom