RPGWatch group on steam

Are you interested in joining an RPGwatch group on Steam?

• Hell yeah, consider it done!

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No way. Why would I want to do that??

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I was thinking yes, then i saw Sammy and thought no

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just remembered that the RotT remake will be published today, so I finally had a reason to go to Steam again. I joined the group while pre-downloading. On Steam, I'm brick.bazooka :).

Just remembered that the RotT remake will be published today, so I finally had a reason to go to Steam again. I joined the group while pre-downloading. On Steam, I'm brick.bazooka :).

Ah - that was YOU! :)

Downloading RoTT as well today.

Well ... uh ... good? Not sure. I'm two levels into it, and at least the first level was exactly the same as that of the original RotT. The music is the same, the sound effects are the same (at least partially), the player characters are the same, the GADs and EGADs are the same, and so on. There are differences between the remake and the original: in the remake I can't break coins, level bonuses are different, the guards who steal your stuff act a bit different, you can't save (there are checkpoints), some of the player characters have different origins, and so on.

Somehow I doubt that a person who didn't play this game back in '94 will enjoy the new version because it's quite different from modern day shooters. But those who enjoyed the old game might enjoy the new game. I enjoy it, though I wish I could save.
Oh yes, and I like it that the retro Apogee game package came along with the new RotT, containing the original RotT, Extreme RotT and both Blake Stone games ... I have them all on my shelf, anyway, but this way I don't have to worry about Dosbox because Steam does take care of it.

I didn't play the original ROTT, but I read a review about this one saying that it was made for anyone who missed the days of rocket jumping and ultra violent first person shooters... sounds ace to me! I replayed Quake 1 recently, oh my word that game makes me beam. The guys still playing multiplayer are awesome though - I suspect they haven't stopped playing in 20 years! I had a go on steam and got annihilated by a good natured dude, I think he was just pleased to kill someone new and didn't mind how crap I'd was. Man, I used to be good at that game too.

Anyway, joined the group - like many here not sure what it means really, but hey I'm there....!

The bots are still on there... I think you can set them up when you create a MP game? Anyway, they're not too hard, and a bit predictable. I was competing with them quite happily until the real life guy joined in and wiped the floor with me.

The ones I experienced were moving fantastically fast, erratically, and impossible to shoot (this was deathmatch). It was totally ridiculous.

The ones I experienced were moving fantastically fast, erratically, and impossible to shoot (this was deathmatch). It was totally ridiculous.

Well, if you ever fancy a game against an erratic real person with very rusty skills, get in touch through the steam group - I'm unklepongo on there.

Ahhhh! I've worked out what the steam group is useful for! :)

I joined up on the Steam group - not sure how active I'll be but it's cool to know some folks on there.

PS:

32 members. Everyone is a moderator.
Everyone can create group events.
Everyone can create anouncements.
Everyone can choose the Player of the week.

The Other RPGWatch group has been removed by Steam, so this is the only RPGWatch group left :)

37 members and counting. Dteowner joined last but not least, too.
I made him the player of the week, because he has to preview MM X :)

PS: Should the group remain public or invitation only?

Since I rarely use Steam and then almost always in Offline mode, I haven't joined. However, I would suggest having some control over who joins. Our DDO guild for example is only open to people who have actually posted here at the Watch.

Two questions.
Is this still working and is Alrik a member in it?

Yeah, right, I think he'd more likely eat a Big Mac and wash it down with a Budweiser. ;) The Steam RPGWatch group is there, but I'm still not sure what it's good for.

I'd also more likely Budweiser, yes, but junkfood? No.

Dunno what's it good for. It's nice to have it.

Back
Top Bottom