Gothic 3 Can't start New game

justin89

Watcher
I bought gothic 3 and installed it no problem. When I start a new game it will load it all the way up and then crash. I downloaded all the patches and still won't work. Can anyone help me?

haha same here, so help me too

from my experience, if the game shows the loading screen then crashes.. it may due to video drivers being too old, provided your gfx card is up to G3's requirements..

well i looked and i have the latest drivers so that is not the problem unfortunately

what is the model of the gfx card you're using? a bit more details about your system specs will be more helpful in finding out the problem..

I got an AMD Turion 64 ML-37 2.00 GHz with a NVIDIA 7900 GO GS (Laptop) w/ 2gb ram

hmmmm well... seems ok exept for that 2.00Ghz (is it dual core?) also dunno about that Laptop videocard

then i cannot understand what your problem is... try to uninstall G3 .. delete all of it's components... patch to 1.12 and comunity... and dunno maybe it will work! (sorry for the community typo)

I think you need to update your direct X also (unless of course you have Vista?). There a new direct x9.0c for download at Microsoft's direct x site.

If you have Vista, you will need to rigghtclick on the Gothic icon on your desktop and choose the 'always run as an admin option'. I don't know if Gothic 3 will run on a 64bit? machine?

Did you install that DualCore fix on the G3 DVD? I´m not sure for which CPUs and OSes it is, though. Maybe you should also post your problem in the other Gothic forums. Increases your chances.

DirectX always ahs to be up to date. MS releases new versions under the same name every few months.

Im not sure about that install part ill try to reinstall it. I am going to try to d/l the direct update only problem for me is the file is so large.

Well Nvidia just released some new SLI Drivers for Vista and once I d/l those it worked fine. Thanks for everyones help though.

good work! have fun in the game

so it was driver incompatibility then..

hey justin, what was the error message you were given? did you get one at all?

cptmaxon: most probably there were none. if the drivers are incompatible then the game will end abruptly just as it is about to load the world.. if you have similar problems try upgrading your drivers. here is one good place to start..

Downloads :: Guru3D.com

Back
Top Bottom