Space Hulk - Released on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Full Control announces the release of Space Hulk on Steam.

August 15th, 2013, Copenhagen, Denmark - Danish independent studio Full Control today announced the release of Space Hulk, on both PC and Mac. Space Hulk is a digital turn based strategy video game adaptation of the 3rd edition of Games Workshop’s epic board-game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Space Hulk features a single player campaign with 15 missions based on the "Sin of Damnation" space hulk and head-to-head cross-platform multiplayer action. Available on digital download now on PC and Mac, Space Hulk is scheduled for release on iPad through the App Store later in 2013.

“As a studio that specializes in turn based combat, securing and remaking the Space Hulk franchise has been a dream come true, but one that has come with many responsibilities,” said Thomas Hentschel Lund, CEO of Full Control. “Completely faithful to the classic claustrophobic board game experience and players will need to use their minds as well as their muscle to defeat the Genestealers and progress through the dark labyrinth of the Space Hulk”.

More information.

RPS review of this game was not in favour at al to say the least.

I think that I will stick with the 3DO vengence of the blood angels action/rts version (which runs fine on my Windows XP).

I think that I will stick with the 3DO vengence of the blood angels action/rts version (which runs fine on my Windows XP).

Heard at another site a lot of their complaints were in the options they failed to use.

This is the same developer making the next Jagged Alliance game.:-/ So this is not good news.

Bit steep for such a limited title in any case. Not a smart pricing policy. If Vogel can learn this - these guys should know.....

Every review I seen so far isn't favorable, too bad I love warhamer 40k setting but looks like I will be skipping this one especially at that price.

The whole chapter deployed. No support. Starts well fluffwise.
Power armours among the ugliest versions ever modellised.
UGoIGO turn sequence to add strategical depth typical to that kind of turn sequences...

Looks like a winner.

Walking speed is horribly slow, that might have ruined the game for most, but good news is that its fixable.

Turn unit should be on RMB, otherwise very nice game!

I'm interested, will wait for the inevitable Steam sale for $10 or less though.

Maybe GW should have subsidised this game to sell it at a much lower cost to attract newcomers to the franchise and their (more expensive) board games.

The high entry point did not play well in their favour.

Maybe GW should have subsidised this game to sell it at a much lower cost to attract newcomers to the franchise and their (more expensive) board games.

In the UK it's priced very reasonably for a new game. If anything it's suspiciously low - a good game would be another £7 more expensive on steam (eg dragon commander).

In the UK it's priced very reasonably for a new game. If anything it's suspiciously low - a good game would be another £7 more expensive on steam (eg dragon commander).

Its £22.99 here and that is not reasonably priced for an indie title in my book. I paid £21 for Skyrim at release and £24 for DX:HR augmented edition at release - so space hulk is not reasonably priced for me.

One can argue that the GW license is the reason for the high cost - well it is up to them if they want to put people off from their games.

I am currently playing the 1996 version and it rocks - it has all the third edition maps, some other classic maps (from previous editions) in addition to the main campaign maps.

They probably aim for the opposite goal. Space Hulk is such a mythical game they probably expect all the fans around the world to be interested in buying the video game. Especially in view of the price of a board game version.

Its £22.99 here and that is not reasonably priced for an indie title in my book. I paid £21 for Skyrim at release and £24 for DX:HR augmented edition at release - so space hulk is not reasonably priced for me.
Those were deals, not RRP though. As I mentioned, other indie titles like Dragon Commander are more expensive at £30, so £23 is reasonable for a licensed game made by a studio rather than a one or two man team.

Only, the game is apparently rubbish, so not that reasonable. But that aside.. :p

Seems like this new edition is being made a bit differently and perhaps will find a new audience.

"Beware this game does not replace Space Hulk 'the digital boardgame'. Its a separate more video game approach with different rules and removal of boardgame elements."

Well I hope it's significantly better than the first release. I purchased it during a Steam sale and played for a few hours. Talk about a boring game...

Back
Top Bottom