HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Surge 2 has been released:

The Surge 2

Overcome
On the way to Jericho City, your plane is shot down by a mysterious storm and crash-lands in the outskirts. You wake up weeks later in a derelict detention facility inside the city. Armor-clad soldiers enforce Martial Law, robots are on a rampage, and a dark, expanding nanostorm looms over the cityscape...

Survive
In a bid to survive, explore the sprawling, devastated city of Jericho. Fight its numerous, ferocious threats in brutal, unforgiving combat, slashing and tearing the limbs off your opponents to steal valuable equipment that will make you stronger - strong enough to face the most fearsome, imposing foes lurking in the city.

Upgrade
With an expanded arsenal of weapons, armors, abilities, implants, and drones to build your character, and a bigger, more varied and more ambitious world, The Surge 2 challenges you to survive and unravel its hidden secrets.

• Hardcore, brutal melee combat
  • Face deadly foes and colossal bosses
  • Cut off parts of the enemy you want to loot
  • Rich character progression and customization
More information.

I really liked the first one.
There was something interesting about the story and tracking down busted bits to build your own armor and upgrade stats.

Ugh! I hate weapons that are twice the size of the person wielding them. Just kills immershuns....

Well, you're supposed to be a robotic-armor powered guy.

And it's funny... some of you guys seem to have no problem with carrying 12 suits of armor, a dozen or so swords, 15 maces and daggers and 25 helmets to bring back to town sell for 10gp each, but you don't like oversized weapons?

•Hardcore, brutal melee combat
•Face deadly foes and colossal bosses
•Cut off parts of the enemy you want to loot
•Rich character progression and customization

Translation : "As manly as it can get !"

And it's funny… some of you guys seem to have no problem with carrying 12 suits of armor, a dozen or so swords, 15 maces and daggers and 25 helmets to bring back to town sell for 10gp each, but you don't like oversized weapons?

Good question.

I too do not like it when characters have weapons which are bigger than their body, because that seems very unrealistic ruining the immersion for me, and when it is on screen 90% of the time it's just throwing it in my face that the game is unrealistic. By contrast, the 12 suits of armor in a character's inventory is on screen a very small percentage of the time so it is much easier for me to not think about it and instead to be thankful that I am not having to micro-manage inventory instead of enjoying the game.

And it's funny… some of you guys seem to have no problem with carrying 12 suits of armor, a dozen or so swords, 15 maces and daggers and 25 helmets to bring back to town sell for 10gp each, but you don't like oversized weapons?

Dont worry, just skip first 5-10 comments, which are basically always same.

1/ Graphics is not AAA level and I dont like it.
2/ I dont like violence.
3/ It is not realistic enough.
4/ It is too realistic.
5/ I dont like jRPGs.
6/ etc.

Just kidding ... mostly :)

Dont worry, just skip first 5-10 comments, which are basically always same.

1/ Graphics is not AAA level and I dont like it.
2/ I dont like violence.
3/ It is not realistic enough.
4/ It is too realistic.
5/ I dont like jRPGs.
6/ etc.

Just kidding … mostly :)

Correction -

1./ I don't view these types of games as RPG's.

Fixed.

Graphics are actually fine but the game just looks dull and boring to me. Don't like the setting or the fighting robots theme. Run around a generic industrial world fighting a bunch of melee combat against other assorted robots...yawn.

I picked up the first game on a sale. One of the best surprise games in the last several years, I really liked it a lot.

I have enough games going now that I'll wait for a sale on #2 as well but I'm looking forward to it.

I can pretend those things are in a bag somewhere. Can't do that with an oversized sword I'm swinging around like a toothpick

I've heard some really high praise for this game, someone on Codex said it was an amazing game with great exploration and loot. I look forward to trying it someday, too many games coming out though.

Back
Top Bottom