ELEX II - Preview @ Wccf Tech

Interesting that people care so much about faces teeth and eyes.

What bothers me more is why would i use swords when you can fly and shoot…The whole setting is just off to me and the whole ironman flying thing was not my thing even before bioware fiasco.

What bothers me more is why would i use swords when you can fly and shoot…The whole setting is just off to me and the whole ironman flying thing was not my thing even before bioware fiasco.
In Elex 1 I seem to remember some units would shoot at you in the air which would kill you. But would be weaker in melee.

Not that it mattered once you became super powerful but it did at start.

It breaks immersion.

Additionally to what @Pladio; said, I read or heard somewhere that flying won't be available from the start, but it'll take some time.

It's hard not to care about it when NPCs look like THIS when talking :biggrin: .
Yep we all have a big black hole in the middle of our mouth.:lol:

Stand back everyone that isn't a women but an alien in disguise.

24-glow-in-the-dark-alien-figure-will-be-sdcc-2014_6vbz.1280.jpg

Based on the comments, I was bracing myself for something truly freaky, like eyes on stalks and and shit. Looks about par for the course on a low-ish budget game like this. They look a lot better than the Oblivion faces! When I play PB games, I don't look too closely at faces, animations, etc cause they ain't ever been very good.

I only brought up the eye issue because it just looks goofy and out of place for all the development effort and time put into a major game.
It's not a deal breaker for me at all. I just expected a bit better considering that you're looking right at the NPCs as they're speaking and sharing information or answering questions.

I played through Elex once and enjoyed about the middle half of it. The beginning had the same completely awful dredge of having to do 20 hours of talking in town quests to build enough levels to survive even the simplest fights. Then the last quarter you're so overpowered you're one-shotting everything in site. So you know, every PB game ever.
I vaguely recall some bad animation stun lock happening too, like it was a mid-90s game.

I'll wait for reviews on this one, PB is due up for a Risen 2 steaming pile. Bad animations and faces be damned, I'll be happy if they smooth out the balance curve for once.

I played through Elex once and enjoyed about the middle half of it. The beginning had the same completely awful dredge of having to do 20 hours of talking in town quests to build enough levels to survive even the simplest fights.

Git gud? The game isn't bad just because you suck at it. ;)

Seriously though, I found enough weaker enemies to gain early levels through both questing and combat, and that was on Hard difficulty.

The Gothic Remake has had a playable demo/teaser, it has a Steam page and it has been confirmed to be in development at THQ Barcelona. We are quite far beyond the "rumor" stage at this point :) .

Well, yes. I will rephrase that to "I am more excited about the upcoming sure-to-happen Gothic remake"

:D

Back
Top Bottom