The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Everyone made 20 Boss, so when are we starting the new group? Corwin did his TR on one of his others, so he is level one. Let us know what the plan is.

Looks like we're going to 3 at least. If we're starting on L2 content, then we could push on to 4. Which would work for me, so my kitty could use good ol' Carnifex to start with.

JM: Kitty Rogue (TRed, 3)
CM: Kitty Spy/Diplomat
Corwin: Kitty Litter Wizard (TRed, 2)
Peter: Kitty Paladin
Az: Kitty Barbarian. (TRed, 3)
Alrik: Drunken Kitty
TD: Kitty Deep Woods Walker

Looks like the groups are going to each have a trapper, front liner, and a caster of some sort, with Dte being the ranged floater. Alrik will be the only one with mass heals, while Peter and Dte will have single target to varying degrees. Barbarian gets a self-heal after L12 at least.

Last edited:
So everyone had enough tokens to do the deed?

Let me see what I can do with Phuury before next Friday.

Edith notes that we might have a bit of a problem brewing...

Last edited:
I've made it to level 3. Is that where we stop?

I'm currently wondering whether I should TR at all or just use my level 2 (ready to level 3) "Drunken Kitty" which I made a week ago ?

I'm currently wondering whether I should TR at all or just use my level 2 (ready to level 3) "Drunken Kitty" which I made a week ago ?
TR a toon. You'll never catch up to the group on the power curve if you don't.

I've made it to level 3. Is that where we stop?
Was the entire group able to bring someone around? I thought people needed a lot more tokens. Either way is fine, just don't want to leave anyone behind.

This week is likely to be a busy one for me so I don't know how much progress I'll make getting Phuury back around. The other aspect is that "coherent content" doesn't really kick in until level 3. There's the Keep, obviously, but I'm going to assume most of the group will use that to get to toon lvl3. So by rights, we could probably fire up the group with toons a sliver into lvl5. That's further than we usually go and puts more pressure on you in particular. I guess I'm open for group input before I can really pass any edicts. Sorry for the complete non-answer.

Was the entire group able to bring someone around? I thought people needed a lot more tokens. Either way is fine, just don't want to leave anyone behind.

This week is likely to be a busy one for me so I don't know how much progress I'll make getting Phuury back around. The other aspect is that "coherent content" doesn't really kick in until level 3. There's the Keep, obviously, but I'm going to assume most of the group will use that to get to toon lvl3. So by rights, we could probably fire up the group with toons a sliver into lvl5. That's further than we usually go and puts more pressure on you in particular. I guess I'm open for group input before I can really pass any edicts. Sorry for the complete non-answer.

I said the heck with it and bought a heart. I have a crap load of points, but since I'm VIP, there's little to spend it on. Other than bank/character space. I just burned enough xp gems from the daily dice to hit level 3, actually 4 with a couple ranks in. But I have enough to hit 5 I believe, and if not, I can just log on every day until I do. Peter and CM probably already have the tokens/heart seeds though, since they actually hang in epics constantly.

JM: Kitty Rogue (TRed, 3)
CM: Kitty Spy/Diplomat
Corwin: Kitty Litter Wizard (TRed, 3o)
Peter: Kitty Paladin
Az: Kitty Barbarian. (TRed, 3)
Alrik: Drunken Kitty (TRed, 1)
TD: Kitty Deep Woods Walker

As of right now, this is the TR list. You, Peter, and CM need to TR and hit 3.

Problem is Corwin and Alrik don't have VIP, so no xp gem option. So they're going to have to grind through Korthos/Borderlands and probably a lot of L2 content to hit 5. While Borderlands and Korthos aren't bad to solo, some of the 2 content is where they really expect a group to be formed, and a low level wizard and alchemist may have trouble blasting through solo. They simply don't have the spells, or spell points, to make it through easily, while the rest of us just needs a hire healer so we can shoot/stab/hack things apart. So 3 is probably the most we can ask. 4 maybe. Alrik may be close to 4 since he'll be at best a 2nd lifer, so not as much xp needed.

Okay, the deed is done. I TRed Alrih into an Alchemist, still Half-elf (as she was before) past life Rogue and Dilletante : Artificer.
She is currently in Korthos.

I'm currently VIP, but at one point I'll step down from that. I have not decided, when, though. Probably when I've found a new flat, because thewn I'll have to change quite a lot in RL with lots of costs. But that isn't easy, currently, because prices exloded within the last 2 years.

While Borderlands and Korthos aren't bad to solo, some of the 2 content is where they really expect a group to be formed, and a low level wizard and alchemist may have trouble blasting through solo. They simply don't have the spells, or spell points, to make it through easily, while the rest of us just needs a hire healer so we can shoot/stab/hack things apart. So 3 is probably the most we can ask. 4 maybe. Alrik may be close to 4 since he'll be at best a 2nd lifer, so not as much xp needed.

Once I'm in the Harbour, I'll be able to get my permanent Hirelings, Eleri and Frogo. I can add a temporary Hireling to that, if I want to.
In Korthos, I'll need a Cleric Hireling for healing anyway.
With Dilletante : Artificer I have early access to crossbows, so I can catch enemies long before they reach me, if I'm lucky.

Well crud. OK, I'm going to blow up our theme party since we've got better coverage of the roles than usual. I'll get my drow feydark mutt (Shadohe) up to 4 before Friday. It's a 15FvS/3bard/2fighter that leads with a shadow shortsword, so I'll be a melee with good healing. The few bard enhancements I take get spent in swashbuckler, so we won't get the song buffs we had this last life.

So... the target is to get yer toons to lvl4. Run what pleases you to get there. We'll probably run Saltmarsh and Catacombs to get thru toon levels 4 and 5 so I would recommend staying out of those areas. I'll start putting together a content map thru the week. If Corwin or whomever can't get to 4 during the week, no worries. We'll figure it out and make something work. Just make sure you've got 3 in hand.

I know I don't play so apologies for party crashing, but I just noticed @Cm; is still on here :O :O :O

I thought you had disappeared ages ago. You had some of the best jokes on the Return of the Daily Smile. Miss those a lot. Hope you're well. No need to respond, I'm not going to derail this thread anymore than this one post.

Thanks for the billions of laughs.

CM doesn't post as often as she used to since she plays DDO almost 24/7!! :)

Yes, we can hear her jokes on our Friday play session. ;)

Slight change of targets. Since everyone hates Catacombs, we'll throw in Waterworks and a stomp thru Tangles (we haven't endured that one in a bit) instead. Still hitting Saltmarsh.

Ye Auld Planne:
WW, Tangles, Saltmarsh
Sharn (for coin lord favor)
Irestone and 3BC (been a long while and we've got 2 trap monkeys)
House K bar quests
(planning to skip Fey this life)

I'm still just into level 3 and I've had a VERY busy week. Do I need to raise my level or will that suffice.

More is better but we'll work with ya. I can look at a party split to maybe give one side a little extra work.

Back
Top Bottom