EA get exlusive deal to make Star Wars games

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
From Kotaku.

DICE and Visceral are going to make new games (could be awesome really), while BioWare will "continue" to work on Star Wars games.

I wonder if this mean more single player Star Wars RPGs...

It's hard for me to get excited about this. Star Wars and Bioware seemed like a beautiful combination years ago, but Star Wars has lost a lot of its magic for me over the past decade, and Bioware isn't what they used to be.

Not a winning combination. I can't see this arrangement producing any games that'll draw me back into Star Wars, but it will probably grab the lowest common denominator market they go for.

It's hard for me to get excited about this. Star Wars and Bioware seemed like a beautiful combination years ago, but Star Wars has lost a lot of its magic for me over the past decade, and Bioware isn't what they used to be.

Same here - I liked the last two prequel movies well enough, and enjoyed a bit of the clone wars cartoons with my kids ... but not much else. I will always have a special place for Star Wars ... but am not looking forward to anything I can imagine EA doing with the license.

At least I got my hands on the unaltered version of the original trilogy….

Beyond that, there's KotOR and its sequel.

Nothing else exists.

Well, ok - Tie Fighter and X-Wing as well.

Ok, my mistake - Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Outcast as well.

Ehm, and I actually liked SWG in most ways.

However, that's it - except of course for some of SWtOR.

That said, that IS all.

When you remember that the Darth Maul lightsaber fight was pretty cool also.

BUT THAT IS IT.

Star Wars is no more than that. NO MORE.

Though…. that old arcade SW game was fun!

:S

At least I got my hands on the unaltered version of the original trilogy….

Beyond that, there's KotOR and its sequel.

Nothing else exists.

Well, ok - Tie Fighter and X-Wing as well.

Ok, my mistake - Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Outcast as well.

Ehm, and I actually liked SWG in most ways.

However, that's it - except of course for some of SWtOR.

That said, that IS all.

When you remember that the Darth Maul lightsaber fight was pretty cool also.

BUT THAT IS IT.

Star Wars is no more than that. NO MORE.

Though…. that old arcade SW game was fun!

:S

DArt! You forgot Battlefront...unless you never played it?

I believe I've tried both - but none appealed to me all that much.....

One title I did partially forget is Force Unleashed which had some pretty cool things in it - but ultimately wasn't a very good game ;)

I can vaguely recall playing a SW game called Battlefront - but not much more than that.

Isn't it a bit like the old Battlefield?

Though it got terrible reviews, I liked Star Wars: Rebellion a lot.

I don't really expect much out of EA but hey, they're changing CEOs, who knows what will happen. No sense saying I won't buy it before they even announce a game.

I believe I've tried both - but none appealed to me all that much…..

One title I did partially forget is Force Unleashed which had some pretty cool things in it - but ultimately wasn't a very good game ;)

From what I saw of it, it was like a vastly inferior, and somehow uglier, Jedi Academy with quick time events.

From what I saw of it, it was like a vastly inferior, and somehow uglier, Jedi Academy with quick time events.

It certainly wasn't uglier - and I don't think they're THAT similar. It was somewhat unique in how the force powers manipulated the environment. The story in the first one was pretty good as well.

But it was too short and too much kill-kill-kill. Also, the PC port was very, very bad.

I can vaguely recall playing a SW game called Battlefront - but not much more than that.

Isn't it a bit like the old Battlefield?

It's a 3rd person shooter. It's quite fun playing the campaign with a friend as it allows for fun games.

It's a 3rd person shooter. It's quite fun playing the campaign with a friend as it allows for fun games.

Maybe I should check it out again, then... I KNOW I've played it - but I honestly don't remember anything at all :)

Happens when you've played thousands of games.

Don't forget Dark Forces ( One of the best shooters ever! ) + Rebel Assault ( That game was a lot of fun )

Dark Forces was basically Doom - and I didn't like Doom much. Rebel Assault was my first cd-rom game - but it was shallow as hell!

Hehe - but I guess they both were ok overall.

I never finished Dark Forces despite playing the sequels. I remember trying to play it a few years ago, but the 320x200 resolution killed it for me. That game would be a good candidate for an HD remake.

Back
Top Bottom