Skyrim - Dragonborn Released on Steam

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft sends word that Dragonborn for Skyrim is has been released via Steam:
We’re pleased to announce that Dragonborn™ is now available to PC users. The English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish versions can be downloaded from Steam for $19.99.
With this official add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®, journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.
For more information on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® or Dragonborn™, please visit www.elderscrolls.com.
More information.

Having foolishly bought Dawnguard (a weeks back) for $19.99 I will wait for this to come down, if I decide to try it. DG had a few interesting locales, but was otherwise rather dull, esp if you were not a werewolf or vampire. I had many DG Radiant quests plonk me in the same caves I had explored before on other fetch quests. boring. samey. Even the main boss fight was uninspiring - I suppose because I'm level 50, but I just smacked the Evil Vampire dude a few times and he died. I drank one potion. DG really was uninspired - hopefully this new DLC will be better suited to high level characters and have a more immersive plot. Pehraps I'm just too powerful - but I can't face the prospect of starting from scratch ...

I've bought it, and took a very short trip to Solstheim yesterday. I just loved seing the Morrownd architecture again. Didn't do much there, except killing a dragon, and I won't do any serious business there until I've finished most of the things on my backlog on the mainland. But just being there…. Ahh… The memories.

Pibbur who would really like to see his Nerevarine impersonation there.

Well, I had guesstimated that Dragonborn would be out in January so I started a character in November, to be ready for the new content. Unfortunately, it didn't release till February and I'm Skyrimmed out for the moment. I'll buy it next November when I'm ready to visit Tamriel again.

will pick this up in nov or dec sales, too big of a backlog and not paying 20 bucks either.

Dragonborn kicks the crap out of Dawnguard, especailly if you are nostalgic for Morrowind. Much more new areas to explore, much better quests, awesome lore (if you're one of the 5 people other than me that read the in-game books)

What level should one be to play Dragonborn? It would be great to leave Skyrim - my senses are dulled after 218 hours :-o (If I see another draugr infested tomb...) How much asset re-use if there in Dragonborn? Having visited so many similar scenes in Skyrim/DG I need a breath of fresh air to get me interested again. But I also think that having a character above a certain level means the experience will be poor.

you're not gonna be happy about this DLC then i guess..

"I have to say though I'm sick of Draugr enemies. I was hoping to take a break from them but they're very common in this dlc."

http://us.gamespot.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-dragonborn/user-reviews/804498/platform/xbox360/

There are a few draugr infested side quests, but I fought more ash-spawn, seekers, and flaming spiders than draugr throughout the 3 primary multi-stage quest lines.

Oh and one thing to always remind people - update your mods. There's a particularly nasty issue caused by outdated versions of the Unoffocial Skyrim Patch which makes the player (and NPCs) unable to absorb dragon souls. This causes a game-breaking glitch in one part of the Dragonborn main quest line. Temporarily disabling the main USP mod or downloading the most recent (but not initial 1.0) version of its Dragonborn counterpart, even if you have saved in the middle of the point where the game-breaking glitch occurs, will completely resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom